Jump to content
Meraxa

The chance to corrupt an impressionable youth in Ignatz (A First Time For Everything - OOC)

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, supernal said:

That shouldn't be a problem. I'm confident I can improv my way into the story at nearly any point

Oh, I meant that being a potential opportunity. You mentioned something about paladins, after all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So with this post, I've not actually yet got the exact commotion at the gates figured out. So if anyone wants to come up with an idea, feel free. Otherwise I'll try to figure it out when it's back to me. Either way, figured this might be the start of when Supernal's guy might appear

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m getting caught up on things now 

@Lawman

Under agency overview is what the local police are likely to use as weapons. Firearms aren’t a likely weapon for them. Do you want to edit that part of your post or have them be mercs / bounty hunters / etc?

Still reading!

edit: also she isn’t quite what they would consider unnatural. Can definitely keep that wording for Alice talking to Argi but not something the detectives would say 

Edited by supernal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, supernal said:

I’m getting caught up on things now 

@Lawman

Under agency overview is what the local police are likely to use as weapons. Firearms aren’t a likely weapon for them. Do you want to edit that part of your post or have them be mercs / bounty hunters / etc?

Still reading!

edit: also she isn’t quite what they would consider unnatural. Can definitely keep that wording for Alice talking to Argi but not something the detectives would say 

I could go back and do a retcon of my post, no problem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, a question @supernal

 

If firearms aren't a likely weapon the police in Ignatz might use, then do benders/elemancers wield some kind of implement that facilitates their abilities like how mages wield wands or staves? Or are we being faithful to its source of inspiration (I.e. The Last Airbender/Book of Korra) there and that element bending can only be performed with empty hands? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Lawman said:

Oh, a question @supernal

 

If firearms aren't a likely weapon the police in Ignatz might use, then do benders/elemancers wield some kind of implement that facilitates their abilities like how mages wield wands or staves? Or are we being faithful to its source of inspiration (I.e. The Last Airbender/Book of Korra) there and that element bending can only be performed with empty hands? 

I think I remember seeing Aang regularly use his staff to enhance his airbending

That aside! Any melee weapon can serve as a supplement to elemental-bending here. You can have your pick of unarmed or any melee weapon they may feel so inclined to use. It's really just firearms that are a rarity around these parts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, supernal said:

I think I remember seeing Aang regularly use his staff to enhance his airbending

That aside! Any melee weapon can serve as a supplement to elemental-bending here. You can have your pick of unarmed or any melee weapon they may feel so inclined to use. It's really just firearms that are a rarity around these parts

Thanks, because after some private chat with @Meraxa I was considering your suggested angle of mercs/adventurers. Would it be kosher to say they are a private investigators agency that have taken a contract put out by Ignatz authorities to assist in the investigation of the theft of the flame-burst fruits and help bring in the perpetrator? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lawman said:

Thanks, because after some private chat with @Meraxa I was considering your suggested angle of mercs/adventurers. Would it be kosher to say they are a private investigators agency that have taken a contract put out by Ignatz authorities to assist in the investigation of the theft of the flame-burst fruits and help bring in the perpetrator? 

That would be kosher but also depends on how you want the mercs to be able to operate. If they're taking up a government warrant presumably their tactics, if rough, would still be legal (at least out in the public eye) - they wouldn't hire people with criminal records for example. If taken up as a private bounty, less of a concern

So yes! but also keep temperament in mind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Meraxa said:

Law's still up, and he did say he was working on a post. He and I have both edited previous ones at least

He is but I'm used to a "3 day skip" standard so that a thread doesn't grind to a halt. Is there no skip timer on this one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...