Meraxa

The Stronghold of Storms (Quest - OOC)

'Class A: At the eye of the storm that tears across the land lies a floating citadel.'

It was early in the morning when researchers at the Department for Meteorology, Ignatz University, had requested to speak with the Regent. It was midday when they were cleared to speak with her. There they told her of a storm system that had, as according to their instruments and verified by their counterparts in Hell's Gate, formed over the former Wastelands. A very large storm system - a hurricane, really - and headed in their direction, with only days before it might cross the mountains, and bring its wind and rain to the valley in which the city sits. Only days to prepare the people for what was coming.

One researcher at the back fidgeted. After repeated instances of doubt, she dared to raise her voice. But she was drowned out by arguments by and with city officials as to the best course of action to take in light of such an imminent catastrophe.

So, she has spent her afternoon and evening going about the city. To inns and taverns, the train station and the first temple - anywhere and everywhere where travellers, adventurers, or anyone otherwise familiar with the perils of the wild, might be found on such short notice. Asking them whether they wished to be paid well for a quick job. To those that said yes, she directed them to meet her, just before the stroke of midnight, at the University. So that she might grant them access to the Department's airship, with which they might gather 'direct readings' of the event. So that they can determine whether or not her superiors were in correct in dismissing the storm's avoidance of the Plateau of Zühl over the course of the day as simply a natural arc, or if there is perhaps another factor in play...

Spoilers: There is.

Hoping to put together a party with 2-3 other people (though could always stretch) for what shall hopefully be a 45+ post adventure featuring a flying fortress of doom, cultists awaiting the return of their dark lord, simultaneous revenge plots spanning decades and centuries, a whole bunch of lore references, and more than a few cool set pieces along the way. Boss fight(s) highly probable.

Edited by Meraxa

4 hours ago, Meraxa said:

a flying fortress of doom, cultists awaiting the return of their dark lord, simultaneous revenge plots spanning decades and centuries, a whole bunch of lore references, and more than a few cool set pieces along the way. Boss fight(s) highly probable.

take me with you. ?

Well, I've gotten more than I even hoped for with this. Kinda excited, so gonna try and see if we can actually make this work with a party of 5 (6, with Shishi and Linda together). Probably means I can afford to escalate things without worrying about being overwhelming.

Bumping as to ask if anyone has an ETA on when they might post. Or if there are any alterations they may like to the opening post to make things more inviting, if what I have currently is insufficient.