supernal

Another raid OOC

42 minutes ago, jaistlyn said:

@supernal sorry, one question to make sure I’m getting this right, Jericho is asking the mages to craft illusions right? I guess they are prepping to do so but it hasn’t manifested yet?

Correct. Since they clocked them a distance away the idea is to prep for execution when they’re much closer. As of the end of my post no illusions but that would change with proximity is the idea

2 hours ago, jaistlyn said:

Beware of using up all your RNG luck at the very start! ?

I really would like to store my high rolls for those critical moments. Do you have a storage method I can borrow? I don’t want to use up all my GAMBLER’S FALLACY!

I know it's @Praetorian's turn and he's far from the only person to have needed a reminder, but I also don't want to be the only person paying attention to the thread and tagging people

So is anyone else paying attention to and vested in keeping this going?

I guess I'm paying attention, because this thread is in my thread list as an ongoing thread and I'm interested in seeing it done so I can unbold it. XD

But as I'm not part of the combat portion, my IC investment isn't really anything at this point, so I guess I don't have a strong opinion either way.

Just now, Tyler said:

I guess I'm paying attention, because this thread is in my thread list as an ongoing thread and I'm interested in seeing it done so I can unbold it. XD

But as I'm not part of the combat portion, my IC investment isn't really anything at this point, so I guess I don't have a strong opinion either way.

You're definitely peripheral and made that known early on so makes sense / agreed

Also lol the tyranny of the formatted list is real. For me it's a spreadsheet with a "last post" field of almost two weeks. It makes me go /emoji with a sweat bead

44 minutes ago, jaistlyn said:

I am paying attention! But why would I encourage the attacking enemies ?

Lol just kidding, I’m actually really curious to see how this system will work out, and this pace (one post in 1 to 2 weeks) is usual for some of my threads anyway.

Speaking for myself that’s too long of a wait period to keep me engaged especially when being engaged is a tactical concern and not just a matter of retconning slip ups. Less of a concern with this system in place but still! With a three day standard for four people the theoretical max is just shy of two weeks. I can definitely live with that since it’s only a few days between posts. Two weeks between posts tho, I’d rather not 

Now this isn’t an actual issue in the moment. Like this isn’t something happening all the time in this thread or anything but I want to nip it in the bud well before it blossoms into an actual super long wait concern 

@supernal, let's say that Prae doesn't reply, do you want to solo the battle, or we'll just come to an agreement about the outcome? The outcome shouldn't be very different from the previous thread since nothing much happened, maybe something like Justice found the main portion of the Weland base, and knows about what kind of defences it has, but did not manage to do much damage to it, and Abbadon now knows that someone is onto their tail.

1 minute ago, jaistlyn said:

@supernal, let's say that Prae doesn't reply, do you want to solo the battle, or we'll just come to an agreement about the outcome? The outcome shouldn't be very different from the previous thread since nothing much happened, maybe something like Justice found the main portion of the Weland base, and knows about what kind of defences it has, but did not manage to do much damage to it, and Abbadon now knows that someone is onto their tail.

I think I’d ask @Praetorian if he’s willing to just post as ooc notation what he does and his rolls and the rest of us can integrate that detail appropriately. Hopefully by next round he’ll be able to post but it seems sustainable for at least a few rounds 

I’m also fine with the above outcome where both parties are dinged but intact / no worse for the wear. It accomplishes the end of making each of us go ! Like those guards in metal gear