Wade

Breath of Fresh Air [OOC]

I mean, he’s in a good position for now, and they gave his department lots of notice. I’m just still pissed. One of the largest banks in the country, and they “can’t afford” to pay benefits for their IT department, so they’re outsourcing instead. I’d be less mad (maybe) if they hadn’t been moving the goalposts on Jim and his coworkers for the last year. Pressured everybody to bring their call resolution time to 5 minutes, and when that was met, they switched it to 2 minutes.

But whatever. All I can do about it is keep applying for grants and making work. 

On 11/5/2019 at 12:11 PM, Gil said:

I mean, he’s in a good position for now, and they gave his department lots of notice. I’m just still pissed. One of the largest banks in the country, and they “can’t afford” to pay benefits for their IT department, so they’re outsourcing instead. I’d be less mad (maybe) if they hadn’t been moving the goalposts on Jim and his coworkers for the last year. Pressured everybody to bring their call resolution time to 5 minutes, and when that was met, they switched it to 2 minutes.

But whatever. All I can do about it is keep applying for grants and making work. 

Sounds like a job for an investigative journalist. Like it’s absurd some of the war stories people have. Someone I know ended up working more and more as people around them were fired then when he finished the project they fired him too. Hard work got them table scraps and that shit rankles 

@supernal
It’s not really a big story, it kind of happens all the time. The whole situation is more complicated, but the result is ultimately the same and leaves 700 people without jobs and their replacements without benefits.

I’m not gonna think about it today tho. I’m a thousand miles from home in my aunt’s apartment in Brooklyn getting fat on delicious food that my relatives won’t let me pay for. It’s pretty alright.

18 hours ago, Wade said:

Yeah, sorry my man. I’ll have it up tomorrow morning 100%

Can you add this to the summary?

Opportunities and Consequences

[C] - Driving away the brumak clears enough space for House Dali to begin mining operations
[C] - Collecting brumak shells will make more armor available to the Raiders; Halisera takes enough for a shield
[C] - Collecting spilled brumak blood Enid will work with Dali to create a monster repellent
[O] - The caves are open to sanctioned exploration deeper in the network (aka Dali occupies it and randoms can't just stroll around)