supernal

What’s one thing you’ve done on Valucre?

Although quests and artifact hunts get featured a lot because they’re standardized to provide a pick list of options I’m curious about the kinds of things outside of that which people may have gotten up to on the site 

So what’s one “thing” you’ve done? 

10 minutes ago, supernal said:

Was that the green sun or the feast?

It was Coth

But if we subdivide, I’ve done a festival, the barbarian attack with the Green Sun, and will soon be performing a little Cothic war against the dark forces within the domain I steward. We also did a weird holiday party once. Anyone remember Cothmas?

Edited by Vansin

I dunno if this counts, but.

I ran a test game for Alethea for Twitter and Metty for Raz Nogore's Labyrinth Arena. I think of it like DDR. I generate three different turns: Left, Right, or Forward in any various combinations that randomly generate. The users have to take a chance and decide which way to choose. The more times they fail, their memory gets scrambled and I believe after the 5th time you were magically returned to the beginning and have to start all over again with a new set of directions.

If they succeed, the walls display "ancient lore" that tells about the city's history. When they reach the Arena proper after the 3rd correct guess, they get to fight what looks like a living constellation (which is also randomly generated) but is actually made out of the local species of pyreflies.

It was fun, and it really helped me figure out places to improve--but eventually I want that to be a repeating "game" people can do solo or in a group in the near future. Defeat the final boss, win sweet loot kinda thing.

Other than that, the Kaess Festival was a big hit thanks to all the lore contributions for the parade floats. I'd like to take a stab at hosting it again in the future with all the new territories cropping up.

And because I want to fill this one island up with different species of dragons that users can hunt down, I'm planning to have users submit their very own creation lore based on a template and have a contest to see which ones people like the most and have art commissioned of the top three (depending on interest, anyway, but that's the plan!).

I think of it as like...creating your own pokemon and then either breeding it to make new species, or going into the hunting preserve and playing Jurassic Park where the wild things are.

2 minutes ago, princeben07 said:

I CREATED THE DAICHONS...........

*Drops Mic*

Benny

But not on Valucre right? You’ve had them for longer than the site existed I think 

What about something you’ve done here?

I can only take credit for making the interest check, but the UM game of thrones. Pretty neat outcome of a very experimental ongoing, user-driven board-wide plot.

It's stressful to moderate at times but it's (arguably) one of the most in10se things going on right now, and I'm happy to see it hasn't stagnated or appears to be stagnating anytime soon.

For a specific event I'd say the Time Will Tell meeting where the future/government of UM after gaining independence is determined nearly entirely IC.

Repairing/reinforcing Inns'th's wall was part of a quest...

Killing Diligence was part of a quest... I swear it was an accident

Forming Aligoria as part of the civil war event, I suppose that counts? I haven't done anything huge with them so far, just established them, carried out their skirmish with Chesterfield that ended up with a tentative agreement of cooperation between the two factions, and found a massive vein of Uru and setting up mines.

There was also Legend of the Emblem, which was a series of threads set in Nar Oeste that was heavily inspired by Fire Emblem. While I didn't technically kick that series of threads off, I had a lot of investment in shaping the plot and ended up as one of the three taking charge towards the end of the second/beginning of the third thread. Rest in Peace LOTE, it is a strong contender for the greatest writing I have ever produced here on Valucre.

5 hours ago, supernal said:

But not on Valucre right? You’ve had them for longer than the site existed I think 

What about something you’ve done here?

You  know what? I can say THIS for CERTAIN:

I was the FIRST person EVER on Valucre to open Benny's O.S. Corner, where I would discuss the many, MANY version of different Operating Systems, and whether or not they still offer support and Security Updates. I can be proud of that. I just haven't done any reviews as of yet since Win 7 Support ends Jan 14th of 2020. I repair so many pc's that I forget to keep ONE and test out the custom Operating Systems, so my reviews are on hold until i order new parts for two new test PCS that I'm building!!

More reviews next month!!!

Benny