Jump to content
Dolor Aeternum

Interest Check - Illyrian Scientific Expedition and Recruitment [OOC]

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Dolor Aeternum said:

@Sanonymous Still waiting on you.

@Anon Your go.

Apologies to everyone given that work has kept me away from keeping tabs on these two RPs. If I do not get anything by Monday on both then I will proceed to further the story. Let me know if you need anything from me to continue on.

Yep! still working on it XD I am grasping straws rn, please do take in account my inexperience in writing 😅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Dolor Aeternum Sorry, just finished my AS level examinations. Absolutely exhausted, but I finished it.

 

I'm kind of at odds now though, how should I proceed? With 6's cover blown and her declining his offer, I am at a loss of my next actions.

Could you suggest anything or should I try to make a getaway, out of the ship (and subsequently, the rp since my purpose has been fulfilled)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Up to you how your agent will respond. I just responded how my character would in this scenario given her supremely stubborn way of dealing with threats to someone she really cares about and to his attempts at manipulating her. 6 could attempt to make a getaway but not sure how Joker will take that. We could end up rolling for it in terms of whether he escapes but not sure how he would unless he was prepared to swim his way away or he somehow escapes on to the Ancient One...or it could be implied he has some sort of analog way of escaping given magitech will act wonky where they are due to La'Ruta.

We have options I am willing to explore. Not trying to be too stubborn about things so I am sure we can work something out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember Joker can fly, so trying to swim away will likely just end with him flying after you in order to get the cure. And also to administer the thing that will keep his body from falling apart from Arsene's effect.

I DO have an idea of how you could get away with it, though....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright, last call for both @Sanonymous and @Anon for the respective threads.

I have been rather lax given I am also busy with stuff too but we should definitely keep things going so let me know your status but if not we will be moving on to next cycle of posts somehow by Monday at the latest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/15/2019 at 12:16 PM, HollowCipher said:

Remember Joker can fly, so trying to swim away will likely just end with him flying after you in order to get the cure. And also to administer the thing that will keep his body from falling apart from Arsene's effect.

I DO have an idea of how you could get away with it, though....

 

On 10/17/2019 at 11:20 PM, Dolor Aeternum said:

Alright, last call for both @Sanonymous and @Anon for the respective threads.

I have been rather lax given I am also busy with stuff too but we should definitely keep things going so let me know your status but if not we will be moving on to next cycle of posts somehow by Monday at the latest.

I've been thinking, in between my studying for my AS Examinations. I think I have exhausted my purposes, Joker has basically ruined all of 6's plans. No subterfuge left to do, it's time to exit stage left. 
Hollow, if you have any ideas, then do tell! I'll make a farewell post, in time by Monday too hopefully.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sanonymous said:

Joker has basically ruined all of 6's plans.

Pleasure to be of assistance.

 

This is Hollows plan. The quick version.

Agent 69 coughs up that the poison is strictly non-lethal, and Joker gives him the cure for Arsene's Fell Bite as promised. It will come in two injections, one silver, and one ruby red.

He will then kindly let you escape, later revealing that the silver injection was NOT to prep your body for the experimental version of the [REDACTED], but a vial of Oracle patented magitech nanobots, that will (only) enable Oracle to pinpoint Agent 69's location at any time.

This will have no bearing on anything, until you want Agent 69 and Dan to meet up again. If an IC reason is important to you, its so that Oracle will receive an alert if Agent 69 is anywhere near Dan.

The [REDACTED] will work, you won't have any residual damage, and all will be fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2019 at 7:51 PM, HollowCipher said:

Pleasure to be of assistance.

 

This is Hollows plan. The quick version.

Agent 69 coughs up that the poison is strictly non-lethal, and Joker gives him the cure for Arsene's Fell Bite as promised. It will come in two injections, one silver, and one ruby red.

He will then kindly let you escape, later revealing that the silver injection was NOT to prep your body for the experimental version of the [REDACTED], but a vial of Oracle patented magitech nanobots, that will (only) enable Oracle to pinpoint Agent 69's location at any time.

This will have no bearing on anything, until you want Agent 69 and Dan to meet up again. If an IC reason is important to you, its so that Oracle will receive an alert if Agent 69 is anywhere near Dan.

The [REDACTED] will work, you won't have any residual damage, and all will be fine.

Ah don't worry about the cure, you see I actually haven't divulged it anywhere else (I planned to reveal it in the future in a 1x1 rp but might as well) but the reason 6 is cited to perform superhuman feats is more due to the fact that he is not human. A cyborg, self-imposed no less. He has no limbs, or traditional, organic ones to speak of.

To put it simply (I'll probably have to elaborate on my special agents page sooner or later), 6 is an experiment by the VCF gone wrong. A parasite lives off of him, one that he can control the actions of but not it's growth. If not routinely put in check, the parasite grows like a cancer, making mutations in 6 much like the G-virus from resident evil. This is why you never see 6 (or at least the few missions he has been on) go on for missions that last for weeks; that kind of prolonged period could trigger 6's mutation.

Rest assured, 6 will be fine 😄 The nanobots will probably either be completely wiped out/destroyed by the parasitic organism mentioned previously that circulates his bloodstream (it attacks anything foreign, cure or poison) but if the nanobots are resoundingly durable, it will probably last 2 weeks to a month at most. Given that 6 requires weekly check-ups at the nearest site (which are usually hidden), Joker and Oracle could probably pin down the base of a site before the nanobots are wiped out. This means that the VCF can still keep their integrity, while the Joker should he seek the VCF in the future, would be able too find it.

And also, really? An indicator if 6 is near Dan? I reckon the change in wind pressure or the overwhelming scent of overpriced cologne (that Dan would probably remember) would no doubt give 6 away 😄 

And the names Joker and Oracle, you a batman fan too?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Sanonymous Be careful in the future regarding entering an RP without having a good grasp of the setting throughout the RP. La'Ruta would likely not allow 6 to function properly given that it affects the use of modern technology. This is why the Illyrians are using magic to get around and physical means to achieve their mission with the Ancient One. As things progressed 6 could have been practically inert given the environment. He would be totally fine within most of Illyria but just not within Orisia itself. Either way, it was a pleasure having you provide some flavor and further reason for Luz to not like foreigners 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Dolor Aeternum said:

@Sanonymous Be careful in the future regarding entering an RP without having a good grasp of the setting throughout the RP. La'Ruta would likely not allow 6 to function properly given that it affects the use of modern technology. This is why the Illyrians are using magic to get around and physical means to achieve their mission with the Ancient One. As things progressed 6 could have been practically inert given the environment. He would be totally fine within most of Illyria but just not within Orisia itself. Either way, it was a pleasure having you provide some flavor and further reason for Luz to not like foreigners 🙂

Yep! I've entered an rp a few weeks ago which taught me that the hard way 😄 This was my... In fact I think I haven't had more than 10 rps when I joined this. I'll definitely be sure to be more careful in the future! Still new in Valucre after all.

Can't wait to see you in the future! Hopefully, by then I'll be more enjoyable to interact with. Till then, bon voyage!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...