Dolor Aeternum

Interest Check - Illyrian Scientific Expedition and Recruitment [OOC]

Alright well I got myself an idea!

An agent, as good of an actor as he is a liar; and he lies. Alot.

No one knows who he is, even if he is a "he"! Only the OS council knows of his true gender and identity, kept secret for infiltration purposes (How trippy is that, a secretive organization has secrets about their secrets). For convenience sake and in lore interactions, we'll assume it's a He.

He joins in the expedition team, a disguise already put on and a facade put in place. A nervous scientist fresh out of university, a coward who leaves the fighting to the rest and records data silently. Little to anyone's expectations though, this timid, cowardly, frail scientist will at one point backstab (literally or not, we'll see) a member of the expedition team, putting them out of commision for a short while or killing them completely. This could be done with an NPC so everyone still can play along, but the threat posed is still existant.

Makes for some tense narrative and story telling I'd say! The tension rises as no one can find out why they're getting picked off one by one, maybe one observant chap will see through the lies and ask to himself "Why does that frail wimpy guy keep dissapearing? We should spy on him". Not to loud I hope, necks are so easy to break after all.

Idea comes from the TF2 spy, as the character in it of itself IS a literal spy, the entire espionage thing sent by the VCF to gain information and leave the Illyrian government in a worse negotiating power when the VCF opens communication between itself and the government.

Because if anything, the Foundation is about consolidating power.

What do you think @Dolor Aeternum?

7 hours ago, princeben07 said:

Hit me up. I'd be happy to join and help OUT!!

You are welcome to join. Link me to a sheet if applicable.

@Sanonymous you are welcome to introduce who you like. My main thing is to encounter the beast. The fun part will be the journey there so some murder mystery is fine. The person leading the expedition is pretty astute and mostly ruthless so I am sure she would welcome the challenge.

4 hours ago, Dolor Aeternum said:

You are welcome to join. Link me to a sheet if applicable.

@Sanonymous you are welcome to introduce who you like. My main thing is to encounter the beast. The fun part will be the journey there so some murder mystery is fine. The person leading the expedition is pretty astute and mostly ruthless so I am sure she would welcome the challenge.

Yep! It would be nice for the agent to gain the trust of each and every one, being a kind guy and generally all around helpful. All the more painful when he's found out as the traitor and steals ALL the research and data the team has accumulated ? It's his primary objective.

8 hours ago, Dolor Aeternum said:

Unlikely he will steal ALL the research but he can surely attempt to take some or leave with a copy of all of it. Illyrians dont trust foreigners so you will give them a good reason to continue not trusting them.

8 hours ago, HollowCipher said:

Be warned, Sanonymous. Dan does not trust easily, and knows a thief when he sees one, being one himself. You are going to have an IMMENSE challenge with your prime directive.

Of course XD Which is why it's much easier to kill/injure them one by one until there is no one left to stop him, much like... You ever played the game werewolf?

A thief who can see a thief.... My my, what a challenge this will be indeed >:) 

Alright so does anyone have any preference regarding which quest they want to participate in? I do not want it to be too skewed in either direction. I know that finding the Ancient One will be enticing for many but I would also like some folks to get in on the expedition to Amalia (may be slightly less action-oriented unless we make some action of our own).

Let me know which one you would prefer or if you don't mind either. Will help me decide how I may want to do certain things.

2 hours ago, Dolor Aeternum said:

Alright so does anyone have any preference regarding which quest they want to participate in? I do not want it to be too skewed in either direction. I know that finding the Ancient One will be enticing for many but I would also like some folks to get in on the expedition to Amalia (may be slightly less action-oriented unless we make some action of our own).

Let me know which one you would prefer or if you don't mind either. Will help me decide how I may want to do certain things.

I don't mind either.

3 hours ago, Dolor Aeternum said:

I'm indifferent but I believe I'll do best where the most drama can be stirred up ? 

5 hours ago, Dolor Aeternum said:

I'm not leaning one way or another right now.