7 minutes ago, The Alexandrian said:

Has anyone actually attempted to defend any of these gods?  I'd guess that at least one or two paladin orders exist in Renovatio, and any god worth its salt ought to have a clergy.

It says that the gods have gone into a frenzy and minds dwindled into phycosis, which might explain why no one is defending them as the gods would probably just attack them on sight due to their mental state.   

2 minutes ago, Rabbit said:

giphy.gif

1) absolutely yes

2) I’m thinking it’s easy enough to form a narrative around say a true believer who blames the madness of their god on these people trying to kill them or something for example 

Edited by supernal

6 minutes ago, Rabbit said:

It says that the gods have gone into a frenzy and minds dwindled into phycosis, which might explain why no one is defending them as the gods would probably just attack them on sight due to their mental state.   

Some of them might be violently psychotic, but I don't think all of them would be.  Some of them might act as though they are afflicted by schizophrenia.  I wonder if some of them would actually exhibit a greater dependence on their worshipers, given that they are vulnerable and might view their worshipers as their children.

2 minutes ago, supernal said:

1) absolutely yes

2) I’m thinking it’s easy enough to form a narrative around say a true believer who blames the madness of their god on these people trying to kill them or something for example 

A group or cult who worship a frenzied god sounds amazing, would be cool if once the event was complete there was one final god which formed cult following. So you had to defeat its cult following as well as the god itself.

1 minute ago, The Alexandrian said:

Some of them might be violently psychotic, but I don't think all of them would be.  Some of them might act as though they are afflicted by schizophrenia.  I wonder if some of them would actually exhibit a greater dependence on their worshipers, given that they are vulnerable and might view their worshipers as their children.

No doubt, which is why I think a lot of people have talked to the gods before killing them as they aren't completely gone. It's just as an explanation it would be hard to follow round and defend a rampaging psychotic god, especially those at sea or that fly. 

2 minutes ago, Rabbit said:

No doubt, which is why I think a lot of people have talked to the gods before killing them as they aren't completely gone. It's just as an explanation it would be hard to follow round and defend a rampaging psychotic god, especially those at sea or that fly. 

Agreed so far as a standard / blanket rationale for the majority but very easy to find exception (for those who want to explore that particular narrative) 

So we can have our cake, eat it too, and it’s a lie 

giphy.gif

@supernal !!!! The hype is strong in you, I like it. 

I am super DUPER EXTRA HOPING YES PLEASE that there will be some amazing ramifications behind the Gods being killed, especially because Renovatio has some heavily religious roots that are deeply embedded into its history. I hope there are some people who go all angry because of it and try to do something about the loss of the Gods. What is being done is not a small thing! So if there is a group of people who want to come on out and defend the the memory of the Gods then please do. I am sure that there will be all kinds of Zodiac Knights very unappreciative of what is happening ;x

BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY, all the Gods are gonna be dead and/or cut off. So no more of these Gods, they gone, done did in, ded, pushed away, etcetc. 

4 hours ago, Rabbit said:

My summary is complete, once you've approved of it could I please take on Cancer?

Yes you may! I will lock your thread and get the Cancer thread up and ready for you!

4 hours ago, Thotification said:

And I'll be asking for Pisces as well ?..

Let me know when your current thread is over and you may have Pisces if no one has claimed them before you finish!

I have another question regarding the wholesale slaughter of Renovatio's pantheon.  I read each of the pages linked in the OP of the thread, but I was ultimately unable to determine the answer.  Has Renovatio's pantheon sealed away anything particularly nasty?  I figure deicide would dispel or at least weaken any divine sealing magic that may have been used to confine stuff that the pantheon didn't approve of.

Additionally, are any demigods traipsing around Renovatio?  I ask because the pantheon, in name, is very Greek and Zeus and friends kinda sorta did it with anything and everything they encountered.  If there are demigods, are they also subject to the purge?

On a related note, were Renovatio's religious institutions spared?

Edited by The Alexandrian