Malintzin

Ember in the Chasm OOC

It is time to set up a civil war.

@Infernal

I want to cook up an idea of an event that will push the factions to consider their war and after that's done, set up an interest check and actively recruit folks for factions.

I don't know that it should be terribly shocking or gruesome, but it should be public, should be a statement. Should be the final tipping point that causes war to break out.

It's entirely possible. The ONE tiny thread that holds everything together is mysteriously taken and so their it snaps the last shreds of good faith in one another. Maybe it was the Shadow Regent trying to pull strings and make moves to see who will come out on top? Maybe an outsider? It'd make better sense if it were the Shadow Regent to have one of their puppets do it and/or take the blame/fall for it.

Then they'd sit and observe the chaos and see who weeds who out for their sake.

I think it could definitely be a great way of putting in the death of Mograg as well. Essentially it could work like in an initial gathering of the faction leaders the Humans begin lobbing accusations and things start to get heated, and are only cooled down because Mograg is there. Then the Shadow Regent decides it's time for the old bull to go, and so after he's taken out, that's when the powder keg really goes off as the last voice of reason is gone from Alethea, and Groxnar is convinced it was one of the humans of the Coalition that did it.