Tyler

Battle of Forsthaven OOC

To answer an earlier question by @SteamWarden the lower city is located on a flat plain, and basically is wide open space outside of the city itself. It would actually be the area that foreigners and outsiders would visit first when arriving at the plateau (as it is the best and most civilized way up, most of the rest of the plateau is sheer cliffside). 

So the question you'd have to ask is, did your character enter the plateau first and get hired there? If that's the case, his only way back down is either jumping off the cliff or making the parachute jump with the paratroopers. Otherwise his only way to the lower city is through the upper city to get to either The Ramp or The Lifts.

Hopefully I'm understanding the inquiry right.

Edited by Tyler

@zackrobbman What's you're ETA? I know you have at least two other places you owe posts first, so if you're not thinking you'll be posting soon, I'll be telling Fie to go ahead and post (he was waiting until everyone else posted).

9 hours ago, Tyler said:

@zackrobbman What's you're ETA? I know you have at least two other places you owe posts first, so if you're not thinking you'll be posting soon, I'll be telling Fie to go ahead and post (he was waiting until everyone else posted).

I'm actually 70% done with it. It's a long one, but I couldnt help it. ? Too many opportunities for ideas! Fie can post though. I'm hoping this battle will last a while. Itd suck if Forthshaven got beaten from the initial barrage. 

Also, I'm a paragraph away from finishing my Chasing Legends post.

2 minutes ago, zackrobbman said:

I'm actually 70% done with it. It's a long one, but I couldnt help it. ? Too many opportunities for ideas! Fie can post though. I'm hoping this battle will last a while. Itd suck if Forthshaven got beaten from the initial barrage.

Well, as my last post indicated, I figure the Norkotian advantage is lost once they enter the city. They have tanks, but the defenders have the buildings, know the streets, and have a small handful of mages who might prove useful in close quarters. So, I figure things will get far bloodier on the whole now. ?

4 minutes ago, zackrobbman said:

Also, I'm a paragraph away from finishing my Chasing Legends post.

Well, get that paragraph done, man! It's only like two months overdue! lol

Just since I don't want this thread to drag on until next July, I'm going to move the rounds ahead when I see them stall for long enough. Also, I don't really see the need for posting order, so you are all free to post as you want (except spamming of course).

@vielle @Infernal @Thotification @SteamWarden You all can post again as desired.

@zackrobbman and @Fierach, just go ahead and post whenever you can. I just want to get this thing going since I want it done before the end of December, so I can progress other parts of Norkotian lore.

Edited by Tyler

Laughing aside though, I do like having things (especially things that are important to my lore or character progression) proceed a decently timely pace. So yeah, just try to remember your flash drives from now on! lol

Or get Google Docs, 'cuz then you have access across multiple systems. It's what I use to access shit across the four different devices I access stuff on (two home computers, a phone and my work computer).

As usual something happened to keep me from visiting the library. Stayed late at my job to help a guy find his keys and the library closed before I could even get home. STILL...got the post in using my moms hotspot.

That all said, I wasn't recieving notifications for the thread. THAT said...I've got a lot more reading to do. Here I was, thinking that there were only two posts in the thread. I'm glad though! I like reading folks posts! ?

@Tyler Lemme know if I'm stepping on anyone's toes with that post. Planning on editing it later on anyway after reading over the posts.

56 minutes ago, zackrobbman said:

As usual something happened to keep me from visiting the library. Stayed late at my job to help a guy find his keys and the library closed before I could even get home. STILL...got the post in using my moms hotspot.

That all said, I wasn't recieving notifications for the thread. THAT said...I've got a lot more reading to do. Here I was, thinking that there were only two posts in the thread. I'm glad though! I like reading folks posts! ?

@Tyler Lemme know if I'm stepping on anyone's toes with that post. Planning on editing it later on anyway after reading over the posts.

Haha, well! That was quite a read! Not that I want to discourage you, but I would suggest trying to keep a more normal length with future posts; it's a bit difficult for people to have time to read stuff of that length sometimes. lol

As for the content itself though, the one thing was that I wasn't expecting a whole mercenary company. Not that that's a bad thing mind you, but generally I implied that they were hiring up the mercs that were more or less in the area already (mainly to keep them from signing on with Forsthaven or some hostile outside party). So if "Tin Man" was in the area already, then it's all well and good I think. But they wouldn't have hired him though if he were like out in Hell's Gate or Last Chance or whatever, since they wouldn't have seen the need to spend the money to ship in mercs from way out of the area.

Otherwise just a couple of clarifications (one from me to you, one I need from you):

1. Minor thing, but this technically still isn't in the "Terran Badlands" region, even if the Zuhl Plateau itself is desert and badlands. You don't have to change anything, just wanted to make sure you don't get lost in the geography again later or something.

2. Just to be sure, no magitech was involved in the making of this film is used to power any of those vehicles/weapons, yes? (I suppose I should also ask where that carrier is, since if it is closeish enough, it'd probably get radioed and intercepted by Norkotian fighters).

No need to worry! I remember the rules!

I mostly remember the rules! None of the weapons are magitech. Just ol' fashioned terran engineering. The non-magical kind that actually have set limitations. Cause I actually do hate magic. And I wasn't thinking that they reached out to the Tin Man. Lets just say that he's been keeping an eye or the Norkic affairs for a while now and was waiting for a chance to send an agent to offer his services. (Course all of that happened before the battle started) As for the carrier, it's located outside the south end of forthshaven to the left of the river, where I kinda assumed some Norkotian soldiers would be. As for being intercepted by Norkotian fighters, I'm assuming that they would've been expecting him since they set the deal up before and not tried to blast him outta the sky? I had the mind to write into that a bit more, but the post was already on the long side.?

As for the small army of mercs he's hired on with him, it's not that many. It's enough for Norkotia to use, but nowhere near enough to just straight up win the war. I mainly added them for flavor and more chaos.?They also play a role in the Tin Man's plot, a lot of which I don't wanna reveal lest I spoil the surprise. It's not a surprise you gotta worry about though. The war will carry out exactly as you've planned it to. The Tin Man counts on it. That's all I'm gonna say.

Lastly, the badlands. I was worried about that, but had no real way to check the facts while writing. I'll be doing that and reading the other posts tomorrow.

i'll definitely try to keep posts shorter in the future!