Aleksei

[GS] Ventus.

xnwd0Vs.png

・・・】 God: Ventus
・・・】 God Slayer: @Twitterpated
・・・】 OOC: Thread

Prompted by the ferocious pain flowing through its body, Ventus thrashes about the mountains. Random bursts of cold wind are thrown about, slicing mountain and man who dare come near the failing God. High above clouds begin to collect, threatening the cold mountains with freezing rain. 

Edited by Aleksei

As he drew evermore near, the gradual shifting of the environment encouraged a moment of reminiscence. Once upon a Whispernight dreary, on the hunt in the Cold Mountains of Genesaris, the Heika soared against the cold, biting gusts of wind. The dark sky and the frigid, sharp wind having vaguely reminded him of home. Over all, his moment of remembrance was short lived, for the comparisons were few at best. Sitting perched on his Undead Dragon of a steed, a heart of black exalta glowing in its partially exposed core, was Koji. His two almond shaped, indigo eyes closed; And his third eye, the Mugen-Me, wide open. The vertical rendition of pupula duplax featured rhombus shaped iris' of red. With an ominous glow, it scanned with much greater distance and clarity than his own two natural born eyes ever could. 

Dressed in a rather simple black yukata over a grey hakama, he carried only a single blade upon his back. The Danbei Sword, a symbol of his status as the Emperor. The handle of the sword protruded beyond his right shoulder, the end of the pommel featuring a golden ring. Carefully, he willed his mount the claircognizance necessary to skillfully maneuver around the the random bursts of cold, sharp, blades of wind that threatened anything within their path. While Koji had little concern for himself as a rather small and swift target, the Undead Dragon was large enough to warrant a lack of success that grew larger the closer they became. Certainly it's endurance was nothing to shrug off, though it was of the undead variety.

"..."

With his preternatural vision, he was capable of seeing his target from a few miles away. He thoroughly inspected the falling God for any immediate blind spots or weak points. Likewise, he observed its rebellious thrashing, searching for any trace of rhyme or reason that may or may not remain with it even now.

@Chappu

Change, the primary stage in which all living organisms encounter. From Gods to the simple worker ant of the field, there was no escaping the passage of time. Those who dabbled in ignorance were woefully reminded that one will either bend or break when an era ends. For Ventura these past few days had become the apex of such change. 

Her many children blotted out on the same alters mortals once offered blessings. Blasphemy! Such change did not signify a peaceful change, the cries of her family echoed across the pages of her soul. The winds picked up their harsh sweeps across mountain tops and open sky. No normal living creature dared to challenge the brewing storm. Icicles hung in the balance periodically raining down upon slopes causing avalanches left and right. Thanks to her indefinite size such factors were trivial to her movements. 

At Koji grew closer she was painfully aware of his existence. A pang of irritation mixed with the sting of a tear trailing down her weathered face. With a sharp inhale her head and body whipped in his general direction. “GET OUT!!” She shouted with a concussive force shaking the very ground, altering the air itself. The force behind it was lethal in turn hitting the flurry of ice and snow worked in a few ways. The first was a physically blinding wall of snow and icicles now barred his path the second were the many icicles. 

At first the minds eye would make them appear to be standing still no doubt. His martial prowess was nothing to ignore, however due to the force of her voice the icicles exploded into even smaller shards picking up speed. With the loss of visibility on his target the oncoming wave of impending ice shards there was the sound itself. It sought to unnerve him, being this high in the sky the atmospheric pressure was high enough to make sound itself also lethal to the mortal brain and ears. 

Gritting her sharp teeth Ventura glared at the spec who dared to fly over her mountain tops and into her domain. 

“You’re one of them are you not?” 

@Twitterpated

“GET OUT!!”

She bellowed, causing a massive interference in form a rather impressive wave of ice and force. as the larger shards shattered into smaller ones within the stratosphere, electromagnetic forces began to build between them. Likewise, the birth of what was a large wall of ice cast an impressive shadow nearest to Koji's vantage. While he did possess the level of prowess required to produce a wall of shadow to cancel out the entire assault! Though he hadn't the time nor distance to pull off such a feat. Instead he focus on a large enough space within the wall to allow him passage though the wall, with his mount. Unscathed, more or less. A large patch of shadow darkened, penetrating the wall flawlessy, ice and force alike. Within the large wave of continued prowess however, perhaps his tactic earned him a brief moment to get even closer before the failing deity might catch on.

“You’re one of them are you not?”

"Worse!"

He replied with extreme malice, perhaps derived from some deep seeded disdain for this worlds natives. Which was only natural when remembering how the lot of them felt about outsiders rising to power in their diverse lands. Even more blasphemous, he was about to do the dishonor of killing one of their once worshiped gods. If all went as he planned it to, not only would he accomplish this goal on behalf of the Grand Kommandant, he'd also have the pleasure of devouring as much of the deity's power as possible. Unless of curse it could be reasoned with. Perhaps it might be deceived, or even willing to grant him it's essence.

"It is you that needs to get out! You only suffer because you refuse to leave the world that is not yours! Leave now, or suffer eternally!"

@Chappu

What was this? She was being driven out of the lands she culminated from its very start. How quickly mortal fickle minds forget. As the wall was somewhat parted to grant passage to his escape; she did not waste time. 

Drawing her left hand back she pulled the ice back once more. Palm facing the sky the hole he dug swiftly closed around the tail of his beast. Closing her fist swiftly the  pressure of the atmosphere condensed. Like a weight added to one’s back the ice returned threatening to swallow Koji again.  A lone condensed ice lance lay hidden beneath the flurry of snow and wind. 

“I granted man of these outsiders life because all are welcome here. An yet this is how they repay in kind. The lack of worship and the extermination of their origin.” The frowned deepened as her words seemed troubled and vexed, the right hand flipped itself palm down and she waited. The distance between the two was two football fields no doubt and closing fast. 

A deep breath was taken as her focus became absolute. “What do you seek outsider?”

"!"

The sudden closure of the the ice on the undead dragon's tail did nothing by slow it as it tore and cut into the already deadened flesh and bone. The end of it's tail removed without a drop of blood accounted for. Moving onward at it's slower pace, Koji worked to repair it's damage by channeling negative energy into the beast. Not only did it's tail slowly grow back, but it's tattered body began to mend flesh and bone alike to a more solid appearance reminiscent of the dragon in it's living form. This was taxing, especially with the Mugen-me opened, though the Heika was careful to pace himself as to not make himself any less formidable to Ventus. Typically, this third eye would see veiled threats like the lance in the sheet of ice. However, in this case the lance too was made of the same ice, allowing it to elude his arrogant gaze. The deity spoke of it's blight, which was one not of Koji's directive. Though in retrospect she questioned him rather directly of his desires. An opportunity to stall he dare not pass up so easily.

“What do you seek outsider?”

"I seek to liberate." He started plainly before pausing to gather his words. "The grey evils of man seek to swallow up any semblance of freedom and righteousness, under the guise of Order as they see fit. The disease that is man has been left to run rampant for far too long, so much so that the less human species have began to mimic the poor behaviors that they once also despised so deeply."

Having traveled approximately a quarter of the way to her, the dragon's tail was only about a third of the way reformed. as his third eye continued to watch her, his draconic limb continued pumping his mount with the bane of existence that so eagerly fed one of its kind.

"I seek you, your comprehension, your compassion...Most of all your power. I seek to play the games of the grey evils to earn the love and trust of the masses so that they might reap what they sow in the end, and so that I might perfect the work of our brothers and sisters, sons and daughters, and even your mothers and fathers. I will bring ruin to the false facets of order and restore the tarnished paradise that has become existence."

Though he spoke with a certain level of pureness in speech, Ventus likely tasted his aura even from this distance, and identified it as the opposite of her own. Their respective differences the polar opposite of one another, the bane of one another even. Her aura even now pushed outwards in waves of peacefulness, or righteousness, or light! His clashing aura while not as grandiose as her's was one of entropy, discord, and chaos! Either she would accept his words as spoken, or she would deny their truth as she remained weary of this stranger that felt nothing like he advertised. Though he did not particularly lie, his methods of achieving will continue to make other's question his motives. Just as any other embodiment of true chaos however, this way always their primary function. To destroy creation, only to create anew. Only in toppling the tarnished paradise could he plant the seed to erect true one. One where all could be truly free, and happy. One where the God's did not have to fight their ungrateful children, and where their children need not continue petty conflicts of greed among one another. 

@Chappu

Edited by Twitterpated

Was it intrigue that Ventus felt for Koji as he dared to defy her entombing grasp. The winds and ice did not stop there, instead it shifted shapes turning into a spiral. The spirals opening pulled at the dragon and it’s rider picking up in rotation and suction it closed in on them both. 

“You seek my power to rule.. Yet you smell  of dark works.. I know of you Koji, you existence has been whispered through the Vale by one such as yourself.” Her eyes narrowed the pupils dilated as the spiraling force over took Koji once more threatening to put holes in the beasts wings. If he himself was not careful this time he might end up with a side off of icicles measuring a two feet in length. 

“I am the Mother, but you all have decided to consume us. How would giving you my power make you any different from these grey evils?” Her piercing gaze seem unconvinced as she watched his progress. 

@Twitterpated

"Grey evils are born in the infantile minds of mankind, while diluted with the likes there of I'd like to believe I've avoided the inheritance of such insanity. Regardless as you've mentioned, I am of a realm apart from this one. 

The fact that his name had been uttered among any sort of deities was flattering, though presence alone was nothing. He had yet to plunge this world into chaos, yet the seeds had been sown. It was only a matter of time now before he'd reap the first harvest. While he'd been foretold of his lack of presence in visions of his future, he had to trust that he'd planned well enough ahead to see his plans succeed with or without his direct influence. So long as he could just get the ball rolling. As the shards of ice collide and grind with one another, heated plasma popped to and fro as lightning illuminated the ice, reflecting across it and adding that much more of a visual to the unfolding scene. Abandoning the dragon altogether, Koji refused it anymore of his influence. With continued protest, the ice slowly consumed it taring it's tails and inevitably its wings asunder. As he continued towards the Goddess, Koji moved at his leisure. Suddenly, an aura began to shroud his entire body. closest to him, the aura carried with it a scarlet base; Though it faded to black at its wisp-like tips.

"I am the blackest of evils given embodiment. I hold no shame in this truth."

Ventus’s interest seemed to have peaked as the creature named Koji came forth. A more earnest approach now which warranted caution no less. To underestimate the enemy is to lose without fail. 

“Bold to approach as a darkness unto the light.” Ventus retorted her gaze narrowed. Light particles contracted with the atmospheric pressure several yard in front of the man. It’s main task was to manifest itself in a shield wall then layer itself repeatedly. Like multiple sheets of metal one atop the other, his approach would be hard pressed. The layers came into place with the pressure from the atmosphere first then light behind it and the pattern repeated for eight layers. 

“This power you seek might destroy you, but I shall test your will.. Come!!”

Kojis ability to survive would determine how Ventus advanced with his request. There was no going around these layers for they were as tall as she and wide as she was. The best defense is often the perfect offense, hopefully his advance would be swift and powerful. If he made it through all layers and survived the onslaught he would find himself upon a gentle space Ventus kept for good measure.

@Twitterpated

Koji had faced adversity just as great, if not greater than Ventus herself. During the most recent sweep of Whispernight in Genesaris, Koji did more than just survive, he participated in plaguing the lands with Darkness in all its variety. Prior to even this, he survived beyond all probability in the Void. Not only had he survived it, but thanks to Akako and her gift, he learned to thrive in it. Despite what was even now still a youthful age to him, being less than a decade old, he was incredibly intelligent. Dreadfully powerful as well. To have matured as much in such insignificant time was a blessing so much as it was a curse. Fortunately in either case that even now, he continued to stretch into what he'd eventually find as his prime.

"Foolish to forget that without Darkness there can be no Light; And that in rare cases, the Darkness is the Light."

His aura intensified as he continued to gather his Yoki. The visual effects of the wall separating him from Ventus revealed it's parameters; The Mugen-me even noting the alternating layers between, all the way down to changing atmosphere beyond the wall. While this atmosphere cause much concern, he refused to allow its potential to effect his actions in the present. Holding his Draconic fist open out to his side, a pool of black spawn in the center of his palm. The energy coalesced, folding in upon itself before expanding and reshaping into an impressive rod like figure, as if he were spawning a blade of Darkness. Once it's length of approximately six feet was reach, the thin rob expanded with an obvious taper toward the end of the the shape nearest his palm. when his fist close around it, the Darkness silently cracked, shattering away to reveal and ivory club. As he lifted it, he aimed its tip at Ventus, his narrowed indigo eyes gazing down the length of what was obviously some sort of bone; His aura creeping over the length of it just as it had shrouded his body.

"I am not so certain I am the one being tested."

@Chappu

“You speak truth while truth is not always relevant I shall grant you my acknowledgment.” Ventus was intent on the plan she had concocted in the deep reaches of her mind. Spreading both arms wide the force of the movement caused turbulence to off set his positioning. These winds were sharp and dry to the skin and body. Temperatures seemed to plummet from the gust as the air got colder. Two could play the gathering game and only one would win!

Opening her palms the sword she once held burst into a flurry of snow, housing itself in the space between her palms with Koji as it’s epicenter. The once shredding winds conjoined with the efforts at hand adding ice to the mix as well. How well could his Mugen-me sense the numerous points waiting to impale his presence? Could it see the ever waiting torment she had planned to inflict upon him as a price for his greed? 

Fingers tensed as the slushy orb began to compact and condense around him. Already due to his height in the sky the closing upon his body of not wrapped in an aura would be frozen. The very fabric made fragile by the laws of nature. The oxygen in the air which he breathed would be sapped away, the element of gas soon to be replaced with liquids and solids. Where atoms do not move lighting can not exist, where oxygen does not reside the lungs can not pump and thus cease to expand. “Tic toc..” Ventus said her voice was soft like that of a mother with the cold edge of impatience. 

@Twitterpated

Spoiler

Even in her withering state of being, even with as much as her power had been dwarfed prior to his arrival, it seemed that Ventus clearly still outclassed him by a large margin. Large enough to give him perhaps his first sense of dread in an years. Though he maintained his composure, he'd be lying to say he wasn't afraid. Though if there was one thing he'd learned, was that fear could be weaponized just like any other emotion in the spectrum. To rebuke one's fears serves only as detriment, but to embrace them provided a boon in more than one way.

"!"

As Ventus transitioned from building her impregnable wall to weaponizing her sword in a most curious manner, Koji's aura intensified. Despite Koji's plane of origin and it's terrible conditions including extreme colds in some parts of it, the Mugen-me made sure to reveal the essence of this cold as foreign, and likely something he'd built no prior tolerance against. Reason served that his aura could only confidently protect him to an extent. Of course, he'd be foolish to assume any less of a Deity. As he was consumed by her makeshift prison, Koji remained relatively still until he found his precise moment to escape with a moment before Ventus realized he'd done so. That and he was purposely timing his movement in order for it to serve a double purpose.

Using the light cast immediately about his person with his protective aura, Koji manipulated the shadow upon himself. It consumed his form several times faster than his prison, swallowing him into the Plane of Shadows, and leaving nothing more than an after image in his wake; A bit of his Yoki to throw off sensory abilities as best he could, at least until he ultimately reappeared. The shadow of the ruined undead dragon unnaturally darkened and moved in comparison to the panic throws of its sundering. Ejecting from the Plane of Shadow and into the dragon's torso, Koji came upon the Exalta Prism. Shadow trailed him nearly instantaneously, in which he personally began to siphon the large crystal's energy while the shadows worked to completely seize it's entirety. By placing it in his Personal Dark, He'd only be supplying himself with another personal power source in addition to his current options against the Goddess and her trials.

@Chappu

When you carve out a new piece of wood it is always best to never go against the grain. The fluid movement of gross often goes forward instead of back. Her eyes were not fooled by parlor tricks. His escape was noticed and relished in all honesty. The giant orb splintered off into varied shards; they began moving like a school of fish in the air. “Destroy the pieces..” She said likely, adjusting her left hand she held it before her face. A lone index finger over her lips sent the shards swarming in various streams to strike Koji at variant angles. They were spaced to pass seamlessly together without destroying one another. The right hand moved to the enter of her abdomen. With the hand held straight up like a knife the 8 shielding layers multiplied into 16 the other 8 walls integrated evenly with the rest. A layer of magic sent like a ticking time bomb, the effects unknown till koji dared to pierce forth to his target.

”Reach me and survive, you will obtain my power.. Should you die, everything you love and created will be destroyed by my very hands. I still have strength enough to do that at least.”

@Twitterpated 

"!"

As he siphoned the black exalta, the Emperor seemed to shimmer with a brilliance on every inch of his body save for his draconic, right arm. This yoki was obviously already tainted by the same crimson hue of the exalta, etching a pattern in his skin that mimicked the nature of layers his lurid scales possessed. This was his most viable option of defense as he couldn't sacrifice the prism, or rather because he wouldn't sacrifice the prism to Ventus. Despite this extra layer of protection, the torrents of shards easily surrounded him as he began to be impacted from multiple angles. Roughly 60% of his body found itself impaled, one of the shards finding itself haphazardly piercing his only unprotected point on his entire body; The Mugen-me. In this moment, his two natural born eyes shot open wide, his mouth parting to shriek in pain and anguish, yet he screamed so hard that noise hardly escaped him. As a result, the crimson glow began to spread, consuming him entirely before his glowing body began to stretch and reform. Rapidly his body grew much larger than it had moments ago, taking a serpentine form reminiscent of eastern Dragons on a world apart from this one. The shadow formerly consuming the prism failed, though one of his clawed feet at the end of its short leg clenched the prism feverishly as he continued to siphon it. 

Despite not having wings, just like in his human appearance, Koji flew, shooting upward into the heaven before angling himself at Ventus and her protective layers. When he suddenly moved with great speed and force, the light encasing his form shattered away from him, as did the shards that had plagued him moments ago. While to most of this world he was huge in this form, even for a pseudo dragon, to Ventus he was likely more akin to a boa constrictor to a human in comparison. This did not deter him from delivering her verbal desire to the best of his ability. Hurtling head first at the Goddess and her walls, his exposed fangs already carried and either glow of a deep, electric purple splashed with that crimson hue; tongues of flames in just that variation licking between his fanged maw. Once close enough, his jaws snapped open as wide as his head with a thunderous roar that shook the heavens itself; Those flames exposed in full as they ejected from his mouth in a hellish breath attack. When the tainted negative energy collided with the first wall it brandished a rather impressive explosion, only for the breath to persist; The "fire breath" just as unrelenting as himself in this moment. Despite the over all outcome of this breath attack on all 16 layers of walls, Koji in his Draconic form was enraged enough that he'd simply drive himself headfirst into them. With or without the breath attack, he aimed to hurtle himself desperately into and through them as he drove towards his mocking target.

@Chappu

Edited by Twitterpated

What was this feeling that throbbed in her chest? It was somewhat fuzzy even exciting; almost as if she had found pride in his all our momentum. The ice continued to swarm even after impaling his body. Yet as he transformed a good portion of the shards not in his body were melted away from the heated aura. The ice that had struck home iced him to the bones, melding with the transformation cutting down some of the aura circulation. The first step was done, even now as he blasted against the walls the first layer of air extinguished his flame while the light collapsed in on the energy and Koji himself. The first magic layer of magic activated the ice in body further. Altering the bodily temperature dramatically he would soon feel as if he were dying of cold. 

With the growing lack of ability to breathe as he hit the next wall of air the making of oxygen cycling the body on his next inhale would be cut down to half. The light barrier shard at this point was set to daze the enemy with burst to help set her plan into motion. The next wall of magic he crashed through would strengthen the hold of influence upon his very core. 

Should he not divert some energy to resist he would soon find himself tasting sulfur oxide. His mental grip on his transformation would also find itself weakening as she threatened to turn his back into his humanoid form. Sliding her hands closer together and more to the center of her chest Ventus created some breathing room for the young Dragon. 

“The ice has settled to your bones and core. Your body will go last but your brain and senses will go first. How strong is your will?!” Ventus hissed lightly, the space she granted him was a few feet, but with the air pressure built walls he would find those few feet to be a saving grace.

@Twitterpated