Aleksei

[GS] Rifornire.

Arashi's durability was the only thing keeping her alive at this point, as she faced getting punched into the ground by the dragon that was challenging her. Growling, she got back up, looking to face the dragon. That got her good after all. That was just a warmup thankfully, as she stared the dragon down as she wiped the dust off herself. As Riforne appeared behind her, Arashi quickly manifested scales over her body, she took the flames though it wasn't without damage to her scales itself as they cracked under the intensity of the flames. 

"What the hell.. That was some hot flames..."

Seeing that the dragon is resistant to his own element and physical attacks, Rifornire warped away from battle and appeared atop his dragon again. The god mused at this sudden turn of events. It knew that its strength is waning with each passing moment but the god chose to die fighting.

Under the Rifornire's command, the lava dragon spewed another round of flame but this time its divine fire.A strong stream of lava which was directed at poor Arashi.

Meanwhile, Khaki and Sera have settled for a round of beer while cheering at the fight between half-breed and the dying god. As for the lava elemental minions, they simply unleashed both Cialo and Sagittarius to deal with those weaklings.

Broken and her arms slightly charred from the extreme heat she was given by flames previously before, her charred scales fell off, blood dripping from her arms as she protected herself from the flames. It was certainly hot enough to char her arms straight with how much resistance her body has to her own flames. 

Then it came towards her before she had a chance, that flames and lava, she didn't have a chance to dodge. Then it all went black.

"Am I dead...?" Arashi said as she just sat up in this pitch black void.

"No, you aren't, you idiot. You've been holding back this whole time. You left yourself get beaten by a goddamn piece of shit that used electricity last time." Came the voice in her head.

"Are you...?"

"Your savior Arashi...just accept my power and everything will go the way you expect it to. I promise it will. Nobody will treat you as weak again. That Marigold you keep hearing about will bow before you. I guarantee that power will be yours..." The voice was familar to some degree and comforting.

"...Yes. Okay. Whatever...give me it. I want to beat this thing so bad--" 

'The hell? This wasn't part of the plan. I never planned for this to happen. I can't even move now, the hell!' 

"Good night Arashi, have a nice sleep while your there. You can't stop me anyhow." 

Then that was it, no more waking up, she was there in the pitch blackness of her mind.

The voice on the other hand, known as the Crimson dragon had taken control of her body. As that happened the dragon had snapped back in existance, taking the divine flames, going to put Arashi's arm out to absorb them and so she did with little did the Dragon know this was a bad idea. It was doing damage to Arashi's body alright, not sure how much since he didn't care. He didn't feel the pain after all, only Arashi did.

"Flames are hot...this fits. Looks like I'll just have to make her life a living hell when she wakes up." 

As the flames were absorbed into Arashi's body, Arashi became looking more draconic all over her as stronger crimson red scales formed all over her body. She charged forward to the dragon in person, throwing a fist directly at the dragon's head with more force than Arashi was normally capable of. That would seriously cause her fist to be broken in multiple places later.

Whether they noticed Arashi was taken over by her dragon side is another matter...

"Break time is fucking over," Sera spat after gulping down whatever is left of her beer. Seeing that Arashi is no longer the Arashi they once knew must have made Sera's mood sour. If there is one thing she and Khaki hated, it is seeing somebody else take possession of another person against their will. For them, slavery is very bad.

The two simply eyed each other. There are no words that needed to be said. Both knew what they needed to do, what they action they wanted to take. Having been together for hundreds of years, they both have a general understanding of each other. No need for communication. A look is enough for everything.

Then they were gone, each moving to their respective places. Khaki was the first to jump at the Rifornire with more vigor than last time. She no longer relied on her own body but instead used whatever is necessary. This lead her to combining both the attributes of Cialo and Montis Maximus. With a roar she was upon the god, and both were locked in a battle to the death.

While Khaki was busy engaging the god, Sera was left to deal with the poor dragon half-breed. She might not show it but she did feel pity for the spoiled brat. She's just bitter that Arashi never reciprocated hers and Khaki's good will. Every time, every single time they try to approach the half-breed, they are also met with hostility. Sera did find it weird but what is she to do. Something never change over night.

"BASTARD!" Sera screamed as she launched herself at the fake Arashi dragon. "GIVE BACK OUR ARASHI!" 

Her intuition, gut feeling. Or one may call it chance. But Sera had known mental illnesses ever since, as she was also suffering from it in the past. But not anymore. By the grace of the god Sagittarius, her insanity had been pushed back. Now she too wanted to spread that helping hand to all those afflicted. And the best way she knew is through sound.

The healing sound. It was the same ability Sagittarius used to fix Sera's mind. This time Sera too must learn it to fix other individuals with the same circumstances as her. Her knowledge of neuroscience and the psychology of the mind, combined with the god's knowledge of healing. All these she combined to form this cure. Gathering her courage, she did what she must do.

She sang.

Edited by Zashiii

It started with a low hum and yet her voice was carried through the skies. A gentle voice, a soothing tune. Arashi should hear it and the power embedded within it. Sagittarius was not just the god of sound and lightning but also a god of healing. It was this aspect of the god that Sera staked her hope with. The god's power to push back the madness within Arashi and bring her back to normal. The god's divine sound and healing combined to form a melody of healing, one that should push back against Arashi's broken mind.

She poured everything she had into the song, everything she had learned, everything she has experienced. Arashi might have been an annoying ungrateful little shit but that does not mean Sera could leaver her be especially in such a dire situation. No, Sera must try to help. Even if the bitch does might not remember any of this. Ungrateful little cunt.

It must work.

INTERLUDE - NATALYA

Moments before the fight started, a lone little girl was well on her way to catch a glimpse of the god known as Rifornire. These past few days had been heavy on her as she had been tracking the movements of the Blackspear god-slayers. It was worse when the group would split to take on differing targets. There's only so much one person can do against a plethora of gods and goddesses. Thankfully, the cartel's conceptual armory is interconnected with no regards to the distance. A shared pocket dimension. From that armory, Natalya managed to briefly borrow the essences of Cialo, Sagittarius and Montis Maximus and form shadow contracts with these gods. Now she travels with three divine guardians, albeit shadows of their former selves.

Thus this brings us to the present where Natalya would reach the site of battle. Riding atop the shadow of Montis Maximus and flanked by both Cialo and Sagittarius, the little girl's eyes widened in wonder and amazement. It was her first time seeing an actual god in action and she was bewildered.

"So much destruction," she muttered under her breath. "Now I want him to be my pet."

Edited by Zashiii

Sera's power was certain something the dragon was not expecting to fight with today. As he was using Arashi's body after all, he felt the power that was affecting him that Sera was using. He was pissed.

"How dare you...take away everything I own....!" 

His control was getting nothing but weaker and weaker but he wanted to make one thing sure, Arashi was his. He wasn't going to let a mortal bring Arashi back in control. Only he could have control! Nobody else could!

He was losing his power after all, in a final strike effort, he fired a blast of what seems to be icy blue flames at Sera? However, they were extremely cold to touch...even if she missed it, it would likely freeze the ground around. A cold flame. One capable to freezing and burning. Ice-Fire.

The last attack that dragon made something Sera never though Arashi would ever be able to produce. A contradiction, as the Lady Blackbush would say it. Something that should not be possible and yet here it is, being created by a possessed Arashi. It seems that there's more to Arashi than she had initially thought.

Brows furrowing in concern, Sera faced that ice fire head on. Logic says that it should become steam but it does not. Clearly, some kind of supernatural force is melding both conflicting ideas. For now, she would have to deal with it first. Raising a scarred hand forward, power surged within Sera and converged on that particular hand. Using an ability that is not her own would always put a large burden on her body and this isn't different. Blood is already dripping from her facial orifices but she kept on going.

The power to seal, to contain, to entrap. This is the ability that was once Shethid Fakir's

"I'm sorry Shethid," Sera muttered under her breath, "I'll break you out of that fucking prison someday. But let me borrow your power for now."

With Shethid's ability, Sera could contain the cold fire even for a brief moment. Then she turned her head in Khaki's direction. Sure enough, the poor girl has been through a lot. Fighting a god isn't easy and Khaki could hardly keep up. She was being pushed back by Rifornire with each swing of his lance. In fact, Khaki's hands are badly burnt given the intense divine heat that Rifornire is radiating. It was at this moment that Sera knew what she had to do.

As soon as Rifornire knocked Khaki away, Sera was ready. With Sethid's ability to contain coupled with Sera's domination over waves, she threw the ice fire in Rifornire's direction. Frigid cold and godly heat clashed in a rather large explosion knocking back everyone.

@Metty

He looked over at the surprising turn of events that had just happened. The dragon grew angry within Arashi's body, his rage building and building until...

"You abolate moron! You RUINED EVERYTHING I EVER DESIRED! HOW COULD YOU! First the girl, NOW THIS! Stupid humans! I shall kill you!" He said as his voice was beginning to fade in Arashi's body, his power was just getting lesser and lesser every given minute to be precise and this wasn't good. His power eventually faded away, as Arashi's body fell to the ground with a thud, Arashi barely able to move from her broken arm that he used to throw that punch as well as the scales on her faded away. Arashi was barely awake at that moment and was short of breath as well as injured.

The sudden explosion was the intense reaction brought about by the clash between extreme heat and extreme cold. While it did not do much harm to Rifornire but the battle had dragged long enough, draining him of precious energy. The fact the he had been pushed this much is a testament to the determination of the godslayers. Sera and Khaki did not look any better and in fact were worse for wear.

Rifornire did not give the godslayers time to rest. In a fit of fury, his energy exploded outward in the form of a massive heat wave. It might have just been as forceful as a gentle breeze but the heat it brought was enough to dry up the land, any living being and the very air itself leaving a dry, arid and parched life. It affected the land and the whole city. A massive heat wave that brought intense drought. Once could have easily mistaken the land as a rocky desert.

With the heat, came the god's dying roar. Rifornire was nearing its end. And the godslayers knew it.

Unfortunately for the god, its roar was cut short as something small had slipped into its defenses. Before it could react, a burned fist pierced the god's chest.

Khakina Khatun was not one to lie down and die. Her tenacity and indomitable will had been one of her defining traits, perhaps too defining as it had kept her alive all this time. Even now, it still kept her alive. The heat wave was a surprise and not the welcome one. She was caught unaware but managed to employ the appropriate defense before her body was melted to the bone. Her ability to manipulate vectors, or Decant Camuel's ability that she had mastered for the cartel in lieu of the man's absence.

With her partially melted face, she faced the god's surprised face. "Forgive me for showing you my uncute side. But this fight is over."

A bright light engulfed the two leaving no trace of them.

Meanwhile, Sera had moved to protect Arashi from the heat wave even though it was mostly pointless. The half-breed had a higher heat resistance than her but Sera was more adept at manipulating any form of wave that she had previously encountered. A heat wave with this much kinetic force was mere child's play against her. All she needed was do the same thing Khakina did. Direct the course of the heat wave to bend around them leaving them untouched and slightly moisturize. Unfortunately, she cannot give the same treatment to the surrounding areas and city itself. Well, more of a desert landscape now.

Rifornire's final tirade had left the city almost uninhabitable with intense heat and the loss of moisture. The death toll racking up, with shriveled corpses of both men and animals alike. Even the plants were not spared. It was a desolate wasteland. Hot and arid and mostly devoid of life.

Except for the god slayers. When the flash of light swallowed Rifornire and Khaki, Sera knew that it was truly over. With that she checked upon the poor half-breed.