With some (very!) rough calculation, I found that the highway Sebastian and Thurgood built between Lunaris and Totenborough is at least 430 kilometers, and probably closer to 450 with all the curves in the route. Are there any rest stops/waystations anywhere between the two destinations? I'm sure a lot of cargo traffic travels the road.

Edited by notmuch_23
fat fongers on tiny phone jryboatfs

43 minutes ago, notmuch_23 said:

With some (beryl rough calculation, I found that the highway Sebastian and Thurgood built between Lunaris and Totenborough is at least 430 kilometers, and probably closer to 450 with all the curves in the route. Are there any rest stops/waystations anywhere between the two destinations? I'm sure a lot of vargo traffic travels the road.

I've built a settlement inside Hydra's Scar. it's a small place, but a place nonetheless. 

6 hours ago, notmuch_23 said:

I kind of want to write a guide on the highway, if only to establish rest stops and point out certain features.

Go for it!

Something like a travel brochure would be fun. We need roadtrips in Taen. Or wild west travelling-through-the-wilderness threads.

"And here we see this beautiful canyon that a giant seven-headed snake broke out of when it tore through reality and into this world = D"

4 hours ago, notmuch_23 said:

Does that highway have an official name though?

I remember calling it the Lunaris-Totenborough highway once but if you have any suggestions I'll take them.

Hey everyone,

I was taking a look through the available quests for Taen, and two struck my interest:

▸The Argentspire expedition

Khartes is paying a hefty sun for those willing to plant a few monitoring devices around Argentspire, the mountain transported from Yh’mi over two years ago.

Requirements: 2+ pages (31+ posts), 1+ players
Reward: A cutting-edge piece of technology of choice from Khartes. Negotiable. PM Csl for details.

▸En Passant

Travel through Sierra Ossa is nigh-impossible, with the influence of the Xer’Orians. However, there are rumors of an area in the mountains that scatters brainwaves, rendering the wasp-men psionic influence null. Map a safe route through Sierra Ossa to allow access into the desert.

Completion of this quest will unlock further desert quests.

Requirements: 3+ pages (46+ posts), 2+ player
Reward: Notable Individual status for characters. Canonization of mountain pass with your name of choice. Negotiable - PM Csl for details.

Both look like fun, though I am feeling a bit more biased towards En Passant. If anyone is interested, let me know. I'd love to do either of these with someone.

For reference the character I will be using is Mathias, in case anyone is curious.

Some minor updates to the Land of Taen main article, including the addition of @Rabbit's Hydra's Haven as a settlement. (We could have it moved into the Taen board and pinned if you'd like!)

I've also finally filled in the canon section for Taen, and will probably be including only the threads canonized for the current year.

1 hour ago, Rabbit said:

I've finished my quest board, which I'll be opening tomorrow. Any thoughts or ideas on how to improve?

neat prompts! My favorites are the four-star ones. The false hydra, in particular, makes me go ?

Since I use the Simple theme some of the posts have black text on black background (two-star and four-star and onward) which makes it hard to read. Aside from that though, they're great.

Linked to the main quest and opportunities index!

To be fair the boars quest is in south Kuiperal, while the Zkriz'ka are in the Moss Forest

perhaps combining both quests to lure the Zkriz'kas toward the boards or vice versa could be an option? 1 page + 3 posts minimum should be ez pz lemon squeezy, if quest combinations are a thing Rabbit allows with his quests. ?

5 hours ago, Csl said:

To be fair the boars quest is in south Kuiperal, while the Zkriz'ka are in the Moss Forest

perhaps combining both quests to lure the Zkriz'kas toward the boards or vice versa could be an option? 1 page + 3 posts minimum should be ez pz lemon squeezy, if quest combinations are a thing Rabbit allows with his quests. ?

People are free to approach the quests however they choice, if I see they've done extra like this (Giving long term solutions) then they're probably gonna be getting an extra reward.