Jump to content
Sleepy Seal

Is Valucre Flat?

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, desolate milkshake said:

Yes, his mother. . . a giant space woman who has been established as a religious figurehead.

Nothing fishy about the fellow who coerced an entire nation into the literal worship of aliens. Nothing strange about outlawing naturalized citizenship and forcing us all earn it by paying lip service to Gaia. Just another day in this globose world we live in, right?

Wrong! Throw the Rounders over the edge!

...But how does that stop him from having been born here? He's a dick, but he's our dick.

 

...I could have phrased that better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Meraxa said:

...But how does that stop him from having been born here? He's a dick, but he's our dick.

 

...I could have phrased that better.

It may not stop him, but the facts don't align with his assertion of nativity. 

The Invader-King may have been born on a round world, but that world isn't Valucre because Valucre is flat. For now. Have you ever wondered why an alien would start an earthbending religion? 

Terraforming! First the Invader-King bends your minds, then your morals, and finally your planet. 

It all adds up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, desolate milkshake said:

Not if the Rounders fill it with concrete so they can continue their contrarian fantasies. They're a menace to society.

So you are in fact suggesting that it is currently hollow. That there is some sort of secondary, internal layer to this world. A cavernous space which, in order to make the world above it count as 'hollow', requires it is an enclosed space. Whether you take this to mean that the surface we know is but one of many faces atop a cuboid, or wrappings of a mighty sphere, or any other sufficiently three dimensional body that could have such an interior, this admission by you requires, by definition, one thing...!

SBpLw9x.gif

IT'S NOT FLAT!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Meraxa said:

So you are in fact suggesting that it is currently hollow. That there is some sort of secondary, internal layer to this world. A cavernous space which, in order to make the world above it count as 'hollow', requires it is an enclosed space. Whether you take this to mean that the surface we know is but one of many faces atop a cuboid, or wrappings of a mighty sphere, or any other sufficiently three dimensional body that could have such an interior, this admission by you requires, by definition, one thing...!

SBpLw9x.gif

IT'S NOT FLAT!

Huh? I mean, mountains and oceans exist. What kind of flat did you think I meant? A 2-dimensional plane without any depth or elevation? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, desolate milkshake said:

Huh? I mean, mountains and oceans exist. What kind of flat did you think I meant? A 2-dimensional plane without any depth or elevation? 

I would argue that any such consideration of a sufficient depth in which to store an entire 'hollow world', without it simply being considered part of the same surface layer, alters the probable proportions of the setting enough as to no longer be sufficiently slim as to be flat.

 

Although...

 

PGAz1Z3.gif

If you dug through the bottom of the hollow bit, would you just fall into the abyss?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't be so dramatic. It's just a big cave.

Unless there's a second flat world underneath ours, in which case you should be concerned, but Rounders are so flustered by a glorified cavern filled with bearded drunkards and grumpy elves that I doubt they can grasp the idea let alone the threat of more than one flat world.

Doomed by rondure anti-intellectualism. What a way for our civilization to meet its end. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I refer you to my point about it not somehow being within the boundaries of what we would otherwise consider the same surface layer. Mines hardly count for Valucre being 'hollow', now do they?

Edited by Meraxa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...