Aleksei

[GS] Libra

3di6p4U.png

・・・】 God: Libra
・・・】 God Slayer: @vielle
・・・】 OOC: Thread

Hooves wildly stomp the jungle, causing wild life to scatter and the Zodiac Knights to falter. The small tribe that had called the area home moved to assist the Knights who are recovering from the massive explosive sphere that had been thrown at them. Libra is ready for war, prompted more as the life is slowly drained from him.

After that other business with another region and another god to kill, Samael and Ephah find themselves back in Oo’Xora where they had first started their quest of atonement. It would perhaps seem strange to some from the outside looking in, but their trek to return to the grave of their fallen companion and pay homage to him after their battle with Ophiuchus is altogether a logical one, to the two once-Paragons.

“Rami would have laughed at us for this,” says Ephah, eyes always distant nowadays, and Samael is inclined to agree wholeheartedly, though with a heavy heart.

The sandman hadn’t even been able to follow them into their newly-found freedom before his death, and despite the lingering ache over the mother figures he had abandoned, the boy still feels no small amount of guilt over this matter.

But: of course, there is no turning back time, only the continual movement forward.

It’s altogether strange, being the only one in his own head again.

Just days after the severing of the connection between himself and the Cult, Samael has developed the propensity to throw wary glances over his shoulder, eyes narrowed and all too wild. Despite the expansive feeling of freedom in his chest, he still feels as if he’s teetering on the edge of a knife, half expecting ghastly boogeymen shaped like his past comrades coming to snatch him up with fingers like daggers and mouths dripping blood.

He is just so thankful that Ephah is there beside him, a sort of lighthouse to ward off the nightmares that threaten to overwhelm him. She is still broken too, Samael knows, over the choice they had both taken together, but of the two of them, she is the unflinching one in this matter. 

He only wishes he had her strength. For all the power in the world, he is still just a scared little boy deep down inside. No amount of outside force, not even the Breaking, can fix it; there is only himself, and the shadows he must fight within.

The white-haired woman trudged through the forest floor, her yellow-tainted eyes peering through the flora cover. She could sense it, the taint of another god. It was a familiar feeling for her perhaps way too familiar. A familiarity brought by cold murder. It reminded her of those that she had met, and slain in the past. 

The nameless foreign goddess. Havoc. Tenebria. Laughingstock. Cialo. Sagittarius. Montis Maximus. Rifornire. 

So many of these godly beings, and yet she had brought an end to a half of them. Is she truly human after this? The woman could only hope. Perhaps she is still clinging on to her humanity even as her body is tainted by the terrible deeds she had done against the divine.

Shaking off these wayward thoughts, the woman finally reached her destination. There was another feeling she had sensed, one similar to her own. A fellow godslayer. Parting away the troublesome underbrush, the white-haired woman approached the two strangers only to pause in shock.

"Ephah? Sammy? It's me the Mistress! What are you two doing here? And where's Rami?"

@vielle

Edited by Zashiii
Edited last line

The crunch of leaves trampled underfoot. Ephah raises a ready hand towards the noise, sweeping Samael behind her with the other. The greenery parts to reveal the stranger approaching them, and oh, but this is strange. It’s the Mistress.

(Something, a jab, a warning: it tugs at his chest, telling him to run.)

At the white-haired woman’s greeting, Ephah relaxes her stance, mouth thinning at the mention of their fallen friend’s name. Sensing his companion is in no state to answer questions or have anything to do at all, really, with polite company, Samael steps forward from under the bloodwielder’s shadow and summons the little strength he has left to smile. “Hello, Mistress. Ephah and I are hunting down gods, after we heard the summons of the Grand Kommadant. Rami,” and here his voice shakes, just a little, “Rami isn’t with us right now.”

He pauses, gathering his composure even as he tilts his head in consideration, and then: “you are doing the same as us? Slaying gods?”

"Rami. I see," replied the white-haired woman. She did not expect such an outcome nor did she wish for it but perhaps that was what fate has decided for the man. She still owed the man for helping her but now is not the time for regrets. Now she can only hope for Rami's soul and wherever it is now.

"Yes, the god hunt. I was not expecting you three to join as well. Although, slaying is such a strong word."

Then she paused to light a cigar which she lazily placed between her full lips.

"Gods are nothing more than overpowered beasts." Something she truly believes after all she has experienced. "Now where is our next god to hunt? I still have a few more down the line. The sooner we dispose of it, the sooner we can hunt the rest."

There is nothing that comes to mind to refute the woman’s statement, and so Samael keeps his mouth shut, watching with shining eyes as the solemn words crumple to the ground like dried autumn leaves. He is altogether too frazzled, too raw; anything he says can turn against him far too easily.

The Mistress turns to the matter at hand, the slaying of this god they hunt down, and the boy’s lips thin at the idea of having her so close by. His betrayal still claws at the skin; Samael is not strong enough to resist the razor-sharp guilt. However, his former mentor is strong, powerful, and if her presence takes down this deity quicker, then he is not in a position to argue against it. That would be illogical.

Strangled cries in the distance. Flocks of birds take to the sky from the undergrowth, and the earth shakes under their feet.

“I think it found us, Mistress,” he murmurs quietly, gaze tracking the shifting shadows in the jungle.

“We need to move,” says Ephah, and already, he can feel her silent power working through his veins, filling him with adrenaline. “If we wish to catch him off guard.”

They run.

Edited by vielle

Her firm lips turning into a frown, the Mistress regarded the unknowable assailant fast approaching. She can feel it, the immense power headed to their direction but she was unfazed. Even as the boy Samael turned to run, she lagged behind the group, not even minding to turn her body around. Running backwards is not that hard of a feat just a bit on the absurd side.

"Ephy! Sammy! You boys run away! I'll distract it!" she called out to the two as she slowed her pace. Power course through her body in anticipation of her impending demise at the hands of a god.

As her feet halted to a stop, she stood her ground. "LIBRA!" she bellowed. "I CAME HERE TO TALK."

duqkCyl.png

• • •

Peeking out from beyond the treetops, stalking high and mighty like a fortress, the god Libra bellows his rage to the heavens and to the earth below, anguish over the life force slowly leaking away from him shaking the world to its foundations.

Once, he had been a good and lawful deity. He is a child of Nahum, a herald of war and courage and strength to all who worship him. Now, brought down woefully low by the power of the Kommandant and harrassed by the Zodiac Knights and godslayers looking for the fulfillment of his death, the high Seraphim is weakened and drained.

However, he is still a god, and he will not be brought down by pitiful mortals.

The wildlands tremble with his anger, and when Libra raises his head, a crackling sphere of blue-green energy forms in the arc of his helmet’s horns. The Mistress’ shout reaches his ears, then. The god pauses, weapons pointed in the woman’s direction at the ready, and glares heinously at the human who dared to intervene.

The white-haired woman stood unfazed even in the presence of a powerful deity. She had seen too much, experienced way too much that events like her current predicament were nothing more than a daily occurence. That or she's just too bitter and too jaded to even care.

Her expression was cool, neutral even. She faced the god, eye to eye. The threat to her life did not intimidate her or make her falter. Instead, it strengthened her resolve. She spread her arms, as if welcoming the god and then spoke.

"I share your sentiments, Libra. The Grand Kommandant had been too harsh. I do not want you to die a dog's death. Instead, I have a proposal for you."

Clearly, Samael is missing something. Whatever this something is, it’s fueling the Mistress’ bravery, keeping her calm and collected as she stares down an angry god and attempts to strike a conversation with it, of all things. She is either unnaturally brave or insane, and the boy is not quite interested in finding out which of those his mentor really is.

“Better the lady than us,” Ephah mutters, her words half-buried under the echoing roar of the god as he stalks forward to peer closely at the white-haired woman standing in his way. Despite his lingering hint of affection for the Mistress, Samael has to agree to the comment.

The colorful sphere of energy looms above the seraphim’s helmet, still a viable threat that could spell the end of them all. Nevertheless, instead of taking cover and running far, far away where they cannot be harmed, the two remain hidden in the undergrowth, waiting to see what becomes of this situation and ready to give aid if necessary. They watch as Libra tilts his head, wordlessly motioning for the Mistress to continue her spiel. 

He is listening peacefully, but for how long?

Still silent. The god seemed to be unresponsive to her provocations. Are her words not enough? A frustrated sigh escaped the woman's lips. This happens every single time. Why are all the gods so stupid.

"Libra!" she continued, "I can help you survive the Grand Kommandant's will. There is no purpose in dying here. Become one with me and I shall take you to a new place to rule."

Yes. Keep her occupied. The Mistress was hoping that whoever else is within the vicinity would be preparing to launch a big attack while this bastard of a god is standing still like a sitting duck.

"Take my proposal Libra! And join your brethren within me! Cialo. Rifornire. Aquarius. Montis Maximus. Sagittarius. And soon you will join me as well."

Libra’s mind, far beyond a mortal’s comprehension but entirely too human, recoils in outrage at the very thought of what the woman is suggesting. 

He is a god. He is Lazarus. It is he who has been wronged; it is he who has been treated with utmost disrespect by the very beings who had once worshipped him. No, no: there is no acceptable course of action that involves his surrender to this creature. The other deities—they are mere weaklings to stoop so low as to accept the path they have taken.

No. He is divine, and he will not bow to a mortal.

When the god finally deigns to open his mouth at last, it is with a roar that shakes the heavens. The crackling sphere of power is hurled in their direction, raking its furious nails across the sky, and the earth—Samael shakes from where he hides in the bushes, necklace glowing green as he summons the power of Vitalia—rises up to meet it in defense, shielding the Mistress from the incoming onslaught.

"Save your energy, boy!" the Mistress roared at Samael. "You'll be needing it to protect yourself and Ephah!"

As she chided her student, the white-haired woman known as the Mistress strode forward to challenge the god. Power rose within her, power strong enough to rival a god's. Libra would soon know the weight of this mortal's words once the god realizes who's power or powers it is facing right now.

Cialo. Montis Maximus. Rifornire. Sagittarius. Aquarius. The essences of all these deceased gods filled the Mistress body in response to Libra's attack. All the strength she can muster, she thrust it forward to defend the god's attack. Not only to protect herself but everyone else within her vicinity, everyone within range of the god's attack. However. such divine power can be dangerous for any mere mortal. In fact, the Mistress herself can already feel her body breaking from the immense power flowing out of her. She's such a tiny vessel trying to contain this vast ocean of energy. It is only in times like these that the power of Baeoi can be fully used. The Genesar artifact is the only thing keeping her body from disintegrating.

"Come, Libra! Show me that you are worthy of my presence!" she roared at her gody adversary.

“But,” Samael yells, though the rest of his sentence is drowned out by the force of the impact: energy to unyielding rock, the essences of fallen gods. The world shakes with Libra’s anger, and when the deity finally deigns to speak, it is in a booming, thunderous voice.

“𝔜𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔩𝔩 𝔣𝔦𝔫𝔡, 𝔪𝔬𝔯𝔱𝔞𝔩, 𝔱𝔥𝔞𝔱 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔞𝔯𝔢 𝔢𝔵𝔠𝔢𝔢𝔡𝔦𝔫𝔤𝔩𝔶 𝔲𝔫𝔴𝔬𝔯𝔱𝔥𝔶.”

The god’s hooves strike the earth, trees bending and boulders flying into the air like mere dust under his heel. Earthquakes are spun into being with every step grinding down into the soil, deep wells carving its way down into the forest floor.

“We have to keep moving,” Ephah advises her young companion, and when Samael hesitates, she takes his hand and runs further into the heart of the vast greenery. Libra takes his mighty halberd and swings it in the Mistress’ direction, the sharpened blade as high as the tallest trees in Renovatio. It hums with arcane energy, startlingly similar to the woman’s own mystic sword.