Frostwyrm

Well hello there

I'm not much of interest, just a usual roleplayer who drifts between post-by-post and chat stuff.

However what IS interesting is all the lore, history and the amount of the world that has been affected (And is current being affected) by character choices and player-made conflicts [like a civil war]

However, I can't say that I'm all too sure where to place my planned character! I've going to post with a human archer, commoner peasant guy, medieval-era, a bit xenophobic of other species and easily weary of technology (magi-tech, steampunk, sci-fi, take your pick), just a really average lad with no powers or fancy stuff, though a bit of issues on the side. Now with all that information, any ideas on what would be a good continent to start on? Thanks in advance.

And a quick side note: I approve of the in-website chat box. I haven't seen one of those in a long time, and having a discord, steam group, telegram or whatever often separates players from being active on the forum and in my experience. Nice job.

5 minutes ago, Frostwyrm said:

However, I can't say that I'm all too sure where to place my planned character! I've going to post with a human archer, commoner peasant guy, medieval-era, a bit xenophobic of other species and easily weary of technology (magi-tech, steampunk, sci-fi, take your pick), just a really average lad with no powers or fancy stuff, though a bit of issues on the side. Now with all that information, any ideas on what would be a good continent to start on? Thanks in advance.

Even the tech advanced continents offer locations that would be a good fit for your character. A perfect example of this is coth. Although it exists in Terrenus which is science fantasy (heavy on the magitech) those are in isolated pockets and the greater continent isn’t quite so cutting edge. Coth in particular has a special emphasis on keeping the tech low and the fantasy high 

And similar is true for the other continents. But I recommend Coth ?. If you need a link let me know. I also suggest checking out the new member guide. And am able to provide a link for that too! But am hoping the layout is easy enough to navigate that it doesn’t take you more than a minute to find either 

Welcome! 

Well thank you @supernal

Thank you for not just a continent, but a city! I wasn't aware of Coth, I've begun to skim through the lore and it's a perfect fit.. Also the website layout is great, more so due to the fact that links actually work. A lot of forums often don't have functional links, or link to outdated/nonexistent articles and such- not to sound snarky though, maintaining a website is difficult, which is why its all the more impressive that this one functions so well.

Anyway, looking forward to meeting people! I'll have my character and profile icon up once I sketched up their appearance, or at least the face.

1 minute ago, Frostwyrm said:

Also the website layout is great, more so due to the fact that links actually work. A lot of forums often don't have functional links, or link to outdated/nonexistent articles and such- not to sound snarky though, maintaining a website is difficult, which is why its all the more impressive that this one functions so well.

First and foremost thank you very much! The positive feedback has been very bolstering 

and second doesn’t sound snarky at all! That’s some great validation on the user experience side. I’ve spent the last 1-2 years putting a special emphasis on pruning inactive and underutilized content for that specific reason so now I can print, frame and then pass this around to all of the doubters 

24 minutes ago, Frostwyrm said:

Well thank you @supernal

Thank you for not just a continent, but a city! I wasn't aware of Coth, I've begun to skim through the lore and it's a perfect fit.. Also the website layout is great, more so due to the fact that links actually work. A lot of forums often don't have functional links, or link to outdated/nonexistent articles and such- not to sound snarky though, maintaining a website is difficult, which is why its all the more impressive that this one functions so well.

Anyway, looking forward to meeting people! I'll have my character and profile icon up once I sketched up their appearance, or at least the face.

Well hello there, indeed. I'm Gore, residential villain of Coth. Feel free to add me on Discord and we can discuss any further inquires. Look forward to hearing from you!

Better Than Gore#5833

@Frostwyrm Hiya! I'm one of the newbies in Coth, but it's been a lot of fun so far! We should get you set up on a test thread with somebody ? I think Spooky or Better Than Gore will prolly rope you in, they're kinda in charge right now.

EDIT Speak of the devil, he beat me!

Edited by Revvys

Well hard work shows! You're welcome @supernal

Its just been that, in my experience, poor website design usually symbolizes a lack of interest by users/staff. A forum that functions well is a good sign of activity and engagement, and of course keeps new people around. Speaking of keeping new people around, I can't say this'll mean as much as my last statement, but I do appreciate Valcure's more customized format, I've also run into a lot of forums that use very standardized, or pre-made layouts, which aren't as engaging as a website that is very custom made. 

(And this is not to dissuade anyone reading these posts from making a forum of their own with a pre-made format! I'm no programmer or website designer, I can't criticize others too hard!)

@Better Than Gore & @Revvys

Ah ha, didn't know if other people were inhabiting Coth as well! Depends on the plans and whats going on, but thank you nonetheless! I'll see about getting your discord Gore.

@Vansin

Thank you! I hope so, still have to brush up on more of the lore, but I do hope they're a fitting addition to everything going around Coth and Terrenus as well.

Well, I wrote the vast majority of Coth's lore, so if you have any questions you can find my discord on my profile, or you can message me here! Lore and caracter-built history are a pretty important facet of Coth roleplaying so I encourage you to keep reading. 

1 minute ago, Rabbit said:

Welcome! Valucre's freedom basically means there are very few places your character can't go, I'd personally recommend Union Capital. Most of Genesaris is renaissance level tech, so he should fit in there.

Except for those airships! Some look like they have jet engines