Twitterpated

Ex Cathedra (Taiyomichi)

"Surely you understand. I don't doubt your ability to survive on your own, it's just..."

He paused in thought of the most precise way to word his thoughts before delivering, for he'd only have one chance to say it correctly, lest he wished to draw false suspicion from his Queen. Thus spiraling the point into a maelstrom of twisting his speech against him. Then again, she could smell lies, and perhaps an imperfect delivery could be well received; so long as he was being honest.

"I have this innate urge to protect you. I cannot risk losing you again. These people cannot risk losing you with your coup still fresh, nor can they risk losing one another. If Dredge and his Legion are as they claim to be, then you understand they cannot be tamed. It's not impossible to live peacefully among one another, though the probability of such is slim in my perspective."

He refused to bring it up, though his mind easily considered her last attempt to tame chaos. Which resulted in her growing it exponentially.

"Of course, you know you have my full support in your endeavors."

Everything happened so fast, in seriatim. First was the return of Akako, leading up to her swift coup; And now the return of Red, mysteriously and with nigh perfect timing. At least he'd already been back to get his son. Had he known sooner of Red's absence he'd have gone to him prior. Though sooner than he'd wished, it seemed his ties to the Scarlet Region were also severed. The Bastard Prince an inadvertent consolation, delivered her by nothing more than sheer luck. They just happened to be away at the Hanami festival when she resurfaced. While would have preferred to let the his son have some more direct development around psions, he'd have to settle for the few that remained loyal to him. Otherwise, he didn't doubt that the his own academy will serve Khaliq well. 

"That reminds me, if the Commander hasn't already shared word with you or one of your familiars, it seems the Scarlet Queen is slowly finding her throne again. While you have your sights on another target, we must avoid tunnel vision. There's three threats at the moment as far as I'm concerned; The Datsuzoku, The Scarlet Region, and The Legion of Doom. Khaliq can't go back or I risk him being stuck there however long, and potentially losing him. I however, have some things I need to sneak in and get, hopefully before I'm removed from my prior council seat formally."

@Akako Akari

It was irritating, so incredibly, mind-numbingly, annoying that the Cambion felt this persistent need to protect her, a daiyokai. Still, Akako understood it - empathized with the sentiment because she too had felt the same when it came to the psion she'd so easily betrayed and abandoned. She wondered if she was annoyed with him, not because of her ego, but because of his concern for her well-being only showed how unbalanced their relationship was. It wasn't precisely one-sided, but Xartia certainly felt for her more than she felt for him. Guilt perhaps fueled the vexation she felt.

The kitsune sighed, her eyes still closed as she leaned back, laying fully in the grass. The sun's rays were warm and pleasant, a balm to soothe her mild emotional discomfort. The curtain of white and gold locks sprawled beneath her, her tails rested on the ground, only the tips occasionally flicking at the air as the demoness rested. Akako was dressed more casually, a pure white hanfu dress with flowing sleeves and her coat of arms stitched into the shoulder in black matching the slender band of black around her waist. 

Rolling onto her stomach, Akako propped her chin in her hands and opened her eyes to glance at Xartia with a look of exasperation. "I have contingency plans for everything. This will be different from Ursan." Her tails shifted and rolled off to her otherside, closest to Xartia. Then she rolled off of her stomach and put her back to the Cambion before continuing, likely, so he didn't see her expression. 

"I will handle Red when she decides to face me." It was painful to discuss Red. It was better for all involved if Red stayed far away, but no one needed to know that. 

Akako didn't give enough time to pause; she continued speaking, without allowing Xartia to interject.

"There are more than three enemies, and I am aware of all of them. You speak of the more... obvious ones. As for Khaliq, he is welcome to stay. In fact, I think it would benefit him to take courses at the academy and to intern within my estate. He can learn the fundamentals of the government and how a nation should be managed. Especially in times of war."

It went without saying that Xartia was almost certain that Red wouldn't lift a finger against Akako, especially while she aligned with the Carmine. As impressive as it had grown, the Scarlet Region was not prepared to stand toe to toe with the Carmine. While he didn't wish to see harm fall upon Red either, his alignment had already been established. This was an irrefutable truth that carried all the way back to the Golden Necropolis. After endangering her life in a petty bout of words, steeped in vengeance for her selling out his son, Xartia sought to rectify the quarrel with providing protection to the life he so carelessly endangered. As time and infatuation progressed, the desire to protect her grew more and more. While she accredited such simply to his feelings concerning her, it was deeper than that. Not only did he feel more obligated by her act of saving his life that last time he was in Sigil, but also because his would be perfect copy had managed to endanger her life by claiming her orb; Not so different from the first blight against her well being, in essence anyway.

"If there are only two things in my life that I've learned it's that everybody is the enemy given the right circumstances, and that children need to learn for themselves what benefits them. While I don't disagree with your sentiments, I believe it's best to just expose him to the idea or the environment. Should he decide however, that he is disinterested in either case...You won't see me pushing him towards them."

Staring at the ceiling, she could probably see it in his eyes that his mind was still spinning, and that he undoubtedly wasn't finished talking. Though he steeled his tongue, refusing to speak his whole mind in this moment. Akako was mot a delicate creature, in fact, she was the opposite of such. He had no doubt in the Daiyokai's ability to care for herself, as she had done for thousands of years before the thought of him was even conceived. That did nothing to diminish the fact that he'd lost her, and the pain of such was vivid and extreme enough to warrant the behaviors that she found annoying in the least. Never again did he wish to have her visit him in his dreams partially to warn him, and partially to say a goodbye.

"Speaking of one's interest, " he began speaking before turning his head and shifting his eyes just enough to look at her once more. "Make sure to stop by the shop overmorrow, I have a surprise for you that's nearly complete. It should certainly be ready by then."

Bthe shop, he was undoubtedly talking about his little Haberdashery. With a lack of staff to accommodate his needs, it was on him to set it all up himself, which he had done, as well as to teach himself the skills and trades necessary to provide his soon to be customers with the best experience viable. Despite his charming good looks and his one of kind hair styles, he had yet to commit to tonsorial studies. Perhaps the Khaliq could serve as one hell of a guinea pig in this case. Not like most people knew what he really looked like to begin with. If his hair was ugly, and like his father he wished not to impress upon it with the arcane forces, then he could simply make people see it in a more favorable light.

Edited by Twitterpated

Akako refused to turn back over to face the Cambion. Her eyes were glued to something meaningless as she followed his words and frowned to herself. She supposed it was fine if Khaliq was given a choice as her son had recently returned to her. It was a coincidence, but one that gave the daiyokai a bit of relief. There was an heir, even if it wasn't Xartia's. If something were to happen to her, her kin could take her place. He had made himself scarce for quite some time and managed to find himself in the port city. It was Jun and Rin that had managed to find him during their most recent mission. 

"Very well," Akako acquiesced immediately regarding his son's upbringing. While she was connected to the boy, she was not his mother. Not in the truest sense at least. 

His scent was strong enough that Akako could scent whatever conflicts he had. There was emotional discontent to be sure and she didn't need to look at him to garner that much. The Cambion didn't voice whatever it was that bothered him though, instead, the subject was avoided and he spoke of a surprise. Akako wasn't thrilled to hear it, rather she was apprehensive at best. She barely had a second to get over whatever tryst she had with the alchemist and now some other man was offering surprises, gifts perhaps. 

The vixen sighed then rose to brace herself on her hand. Her back remained to Xartia. "A surprise?" There was a hint of exasperation in her tone. 

"Indeed."

He responded rather plain and short. He knew how she loathed surprises in general, though he insisted on granting her with one on occasion. This one wasn't so frivolous compared to those preceding it. A fitting tool for a rising Sovereign such as herself. An added layer of protection, especially important for when he wasn't with the Vixen. It was still too soon for her to tell, but the day approached when Xartia would undoubtedly begin abusing his newfound freedoms. He could only hope that she'd grow to miss him in his absence. Perhaps then she might appreciate his being protective when she was in his company. 

"No need to worry about it this moment. Perhaps we can table the business talks for another time."

Not that he only viewed both The Bastard Prince and the surprise as strictly business, though to exclude them from the genre completely was no better a mistake.

"Soon I'll be traveling west, there's a temple in the desert I've been dying to visit for quite some time. Allegedly, only women are allowed to enter the temple."

The way he said it made it sound like he'd already made it inside. Being only half human, he was genuinely curious as to if he could perhaps bends the temple's rules. If enforcement came in the form of divinity, then he'd just have to try and account for such when something so drastic arose. Still, it meant going completely undercover as at least one, possibly two figures. For sure he had to be careful to conceal his actual identity in the chance that the temple was simply overseen by some extreme feminist heretic. 

Edited by Twitterpated

When he mentioned the temple, Akako chose that moment to turn and look at Xartia. His reputation with women still weighed heavy on her, and she narrowed her eyes at him. There was no doubt that he would get into something. It was inevitable as it was his nature, as it was hers. Pursing her lips in resignation, she looked away again.

"So be it. Do well not to get yourself killed." 

It was the best she could come up with. Relationships weren't an easy thing for her, especially when she still didn't trust the object of her affection; though, there was no affection shown. There was no telling how long she was planning on holding back, or maybe she had no intention of letting her guard down at all. Maybe their moment when she had first returned was a fluke. In any case, it was sure that she was still not convinced by him, or she was still trying to forget her most recent fling. 

Their idle conversation reminded her of their time in the City of Doors and the company they kept. From time to time, she wondered about Ursan and the Baron. She had heard of Ursan's fate but was a rumor at best. Still, she mourned the loss even if he had deserved to spend eternity suspended in nothingness. Then the Baron was an enigma to her. There had been no rumors of his whereabouts and what he was currently doing. It was well enough, though. The vixen did not doubt that he was doing well. 

Akako didn't speak again because she fully expected the Cambion to fill the silence. There was nothing for her to talk about really that wasn't work-related. The vast majority of her time was spent strategizing and doing paperwork. It was endless. Otherwise, she didn't have much of a social life these days. 

@Twitterpated

"So be it. Do well not to get yourself killed."

A grin was all that followed his gaze as he watched her speak. How she showed concern in the most awkward of ways was perhaps one of the cutest things about her. He knew better than to breath a word of any of it, lest he wished to incur the wrath of the Nogitsune. Silently he admired her for a moment, careful not to make it uncomfortable should she notice. Finally, his head turned, casting his gaze to the ceiling once more as his grin faded. Stepping back into the shoes of mortality came with implications he hadn't considered prior. While he was theoretically ageless in this state, he failed to be truly immortal. Regardless, as a man that had the ability to live countless lifetimes, having already lived the span of several...

"Having lived for so long, have you always embraced your immortality?"

That was the best way he could word it in his mind without limiting the answer he might receive so severely. Just in case she felt some type of way about being asked something somewhat heavy so suddenly, he opted to continue by giving his current personal opinion in comparison.

"Especially as something as almighty as a God, life just eventually became redundant, boring....Empty. I had spent so much time defining the meaning of The Verse and supporting my Court, I lost the meaning of my life. I lost the image of myself. Perhaps it's just the human in me, but in the absence of all ego and the presence of all knowledge..."

He paused, as if he'd momentarily slipped back into that empty feeling; Evident in his gaze. Truth be told he spent the last couple of centuries in The Verse in isolation. He thought that such would allow him the space and time necessary to rediscover himself, to find passion in life once more. Though it was't until he was forced to return to the Material Plane that he ultimately realized that this was what he'd been missing. Mystery, wonder, love, joy, pain, suffering. Balance.

@Akako Akari

If there was ever a thing such as conversational whiplash, this was it. The vixen felt the muscles at the base of her neck tense as the seemingly harmless question rolled off of his lips. It was an incredibly personal one. While she understood why he asked, she wasn't inclined to answer because it only pained her to think about it. She could be resting now, had they left things well enough alone. It made her tired thinking about it. 

"No. I have never embraced my immortality. I have even ended my own life purposefully before only to be brought back." 

Akako refused to look at the Cambion because she knew the face he would make. If anyone was capable of human emotion, it was her. Though, she did her very best to conceal was stirred beneath. The vixen was filled with complex feelings that stemmed from eons living amongst humans, falling in love over and over only to feel the sting of loss repeatedly. It was why she had resigned herself to death before Red, Xartia, and the Outsider intervened. It was regrettable, but nothing could be done now unless she wished to still her heart on her own again. No doubt, Xartia would selfishly stop her yet again. 

"It isn't a topic I like to dwell on. It is depressing." 

The vixen rose to her feet suddenly and made her way back inside without so much as looking back to see if he would follow. Instinct ensured her that he would. 

The fawn yokai was the first to see the daiyokai and quickly approached.  "Akako-sama," she said as she bowed at the waist. "Fetch Aiyoku's sake and bring it to my sitting area please." "Yes, m'lady." Then the young demon was off while Akako breezed through the halls heading towards what most considered her second office, though much less formal. 

@Twitterpated

"..."

His silence was an unwilling one. He wanted to say something, anything. Though even with his seasoned wisdom, her's still outweighed his own. There was nothing he could say to shift her perception. Deep down inside though, he was certain that he could show her. A life worth living. One without an expiration date. An unconditional one. She was the only one capable of allowing him to do so, just as she was the only one capable of preventing him. Even when she chimed in again, confessing it was a topic she didn't like to dwell on, the Cambion bit his tongue. An act that did nothing to prevent his thoughts, 'It doesn't have to be'. When she suddenly moved to her feet, his sparkling, emerald eyes followed curiously. He questioned if he should follow her or not, though his body failed to hesitate where his mind had. He followed in the wake of her sillage, tantalized briefly by not only her scent, but by the ever fresh image in his mind of her walking away from him. Even now he wondered just how long she might be willing to indulge him. However, instead of worrying over it, he was careful not to allow his doubts and fears to intervene with the happening. Gently clearing his throat, he finally spoke again once she'd completed her request, as he followed her yet again; Unsure of where she was headed exactly.

"Anata o ai shite shimatta koto douka oyurushi kudasai..."

He repeated himself mentally, ensuring that his translation was as accurate as he could muster. With a few quickened paces, his right hand found her shoulder. His thumb smoothed over the top of it intimately as he lowered his voice, for the next words to follow were ones that might threaten to compromise the mask she wore in the face of her subordinates; Likewise, that might cause her subjects to question what he meant, when the message only mattered to the Yokai Queen herself.

"Kyoufu wa teki de ari mikata demo aru."

With a gentle squeeze, he removed his hand from her altogether, allowing her to continue unperturbed to her destination; Soon revealed to be her second office. Come to think of it, he couldn't recalled having used the room when he stayed here. He was curious to see what she'd done to personalize a space he had previously left untouched. 

@Akako Akari

'Keep walking,' she told herself as she heard the Cambion speak. 'You didn't hear it.' 

The rumored Queen of Yokai schooled her expression into one of perfect detachment despite her mind turning over the words. This wasn't the first time they were uttered from his lips, but this was the first time he spoke them in a language that she associated as her native tongue. It set her on edge. Did she love him? Maybe. Was she in love with him? That was unknown. Akako knew that she cared at the very least. If he died, she would be upset. If he was no longer within reach - if he left to Terrenus tomorrow, would she mourn the loss though? What the vixen could admit was that she did prefer he was accessible so she could call upon him when she needed him. Lately, that was more often than not. Something she wasn't terribly proud of. 

The hand, his hand, at her shoulder gave her pause. Her steps slowed and she found herself peering over her shoulder, looking to the magician with the corner of her eye. Pupil-less golden orbs gave nothing away of what she was feeling. They were bottomless pools of aurum however, they lacked warmth. There was an intimacy in his gesture and she didn't know how she wanted to react to it aside from brushing his hand away, but she refrained from such a callous action. 

Her vulnerability had vanished from their night together when she initially returned to Port Caelum. Independence reigned supreme and she withdrew within herself as she often did. Avoided closeness, shunned companionship because she didn't need it or want it. Xartia was still stubborn and Akako didn't know if she respected him for it, or loathed him for it. She leaned towards the latter when he spoke of fear. Her impassive mask cracked and her brows knit together, a frown marring her exotic features. 

It was fleeting though - that expression of restrained scorn. Within a blink, Akako was walking again, facing forward as if the words were never spoken. 

The sitting area was just beyond her chambers, a room bared by double doors that remained closed until the vixen approached. With a stirring of her yoki, there was a click of a lock unlatching, then the doors parted just as the demoness drew nearer. Once beyond the threshold, the floor was gleaming coffee maple hardwood which rose up to a short platform at the opposite end of the room. The right wall was lined with shelves filled with modern books as well as ancient scrolls from Akako's personal collection. In the center of the room, just before the raised sitting area, a large cream-colored area rug contrasted against the dark stain of the floor. Upon the rug was a center table that was a mere foot off the ground. Deep indigo-colored sitting pillows embroidered with golden cranes were placed at each face of the table. Along the left wall, There was a low sitting shelf and display cabinets that housed various trinkets including an array of weapons, pottery, glittering jewels, and jade statues. On the raised area, there were two cream-colored chairs that sat opposed to each other that resembled stools more than chairs and between them, another small black table was placed with a vase of stargazer lilies. There was a round window at the end of the room that looked out to the gardens, however, the thin curtain of indigo and gold was drawn, masking the greenery from full view. 

The vixen made her way to the cushion that would position her with her back facing the display and facing the bookshelves. She lowered herself easily, careful of the layers of silk she wore. 

"I will likely be visiting Rafael in the near future. While there is trust between us, I would like to solidify my position among his court." 

@Twitterpated

The Cambion took the silent entry to the room to his advantage. He took in the decor and admired the taste for what it was. While the golden accents were nothing of surprise, the plum hued pillows threw off his first guest; As did the imagery of a crane. He questioned if he'd just failed to notice the associations there of prior, or if they were in fact new with her established presence over Taiyomichi. Purple, a color of power and nobility. A color of wisdom, wealth, peace, and even of magic. The crane was a bird of mundane and mystical nature, seen in many cultures as a sign of longevity, good luck or fortune. Happiness.

"I will likely be visiting Rafael in the near future. While there is trust between us, I would like to solidify my position among his court."

If there was one thing Xartia had had enough of in life, it was ruling over anything. Let alone performing beneath another's court. Why a creature so seasoned, so divine, so wise to seek solidity to a younger creatures court was beyond him. However, it wouldn't surprise him if it was simply because of the temporary ambitions this world had to offer, and how they enticed the vixen. Perhaps there were deeper, ulterior motives he was unaware of; The he was incapable of surmising even with his own vast wisdom. Regardless, as he'd told her prior. No matter what, she had his support as well as his protection. If she ever chose to expand her opinions upon him, he'd be all ears. However, he refrained from asking questions he couldn't promise he wanted the answers to.

"How do you plan to accomplish such? More importantly, once you feel reassured, what then is the next order of business?"

Even with the solidity she sought, it did nothing to quell the level of concern he held for the nine tail. As his life had proven time and time again, trust placed in anyone can and will be wasted given the right circumstances. There was no reason to suspect that Raphael would turn on Akako or force her hand in anyway, though life seemed that easy and enticing when the two of them wound up in cahoots with the Golden Lich King. An act that cause them several months of disdain. An act they each harbored scars and a unique sword from. As he awaited her response, he recalled the quest board with it's plethora of Taiyomichi quests.

As much as he wanted to tell her, he decided it was currently best to hold his tongue over having potentially located one of those mysterious and powerful Cornerstones that many were eager to get their hands on. Likewise, he refused  to even tell her of his plans to go and seek it personally. A handful of names came to mind on whom to ask for assistance from. He'd need each of the persons he had in mind to guarantee success in this endeavor, though as long as he had two of them he could still potentially suffice. Finally, he made his way to the table she'd seated herself out, bringing himself to sit across from her.

"I do hope you've kept the Legion busy as well, they've been rather quiet since their arrival. Too quiet for people like them whom were just being introduced to domesticated living. Quite literally fresh off the boat."

He took the passive aggressive approach, pointing fingers at a culprit that may or may not exist. He didn't wish to be 'that guy', though he was still plenty weary of the Dredge and his cronies. Dredge himself could take a bullet for Xartia personally, and he still likely wouldn't trust the guy. Only one person has ever proven that Xartia could trust them no matter what, without condition.

@Akako Akari

Akako wasn't one to cow to any being. Everything she did was planned with precision, even down to conversations that would trigger an inevitable domino effect. Rafael held power in Genesaris, but he also associated with individuals that were well known across continents. It would serve her well to be in his favor, for now. Besides, he held the same amount of contempt, if not more, for one of their shared enemies. Their forces combined could neutralize them with fewer casualties on their side, which was ideal. There was more to it though, more to Akako's plotting as was her nature. 

"I will send Jun to request an audience that I have no doubt he will permit. Afterall... he asked for a favor when we spoke in private during the festival." 

There was something about her voice that spoke more than the words themselves. Perhaps how honeyed, and yet somehow wicked it sounded. 

"Rafael and I need to spend more time together to build rapport, simply." She finished her gaze cast toward the window. 

The sound of small hooves on wood drew Akako's attention, and the daiyokai looked to the young fawn yokai as she lowered herself gracefully to serve them yokai sake. She was a pretty thing, slender with wide black eyes and small pouty lips. Her ears were elongated like a deer, and her hair was red, cut in a bob that framed her little face. The attendant served the sake with care before bowing to each and backing out of the room. 

Akako hummed softly before lifting her glass to her lips and taking a sip to consider the Cambion's next question. 

"We are gathering our strength. Nothing else at this time. As for Legion... I am testing Dredge's loyalty. If he fails me, I have a contingency plan to deal with him and his. I am not the rumored Queen of Yokai for nothing." 

Dredge was likely to fail. Akako bet on it. His loyalty was questionable at best, but she had known him for a week, if not less. Trust was built over time, and so, she was willing to give him a chance to prove himself and prove that he would be loyal to their cause. If he failed, and she hoped he wouldn't, he would surely regret his decision to turn his back on her kindness. 

@Twitterpated

What was it she truly desired Was she even aware of such herself? He denied himself the ability to ask her at this moment in time as he instead continued to observe. Ultimately he didn't care what that answer was. He'd made his mind up by now on where he stood, and he'd continue to stand firmly until he couldn't any longer. Though of course he still had some amount of responsibility keeping him from committing the whole of his attention on his heart. His youngest, and hopefully final born child. When the fawn entered to serve her master, Xartia found himself entranced for a moment by her unique beauty. Most of the yokai in her company, much like herself, often appeared in such uncanny attractive ways that he pondered over why anyone would ever see fit to brand her kind as monsters. Anybody was a monster when they had to be, or when they chose to be for that matter. As Akako's words speech completed, his emerald gaze settled back onto her.

"Trust, I'd never doubt you. I simply prefer to be aware of things along the way. Just in case."

He waited to see if he'd be offered anything to drink before taking it upon himself to procure a glass even out of thin air if he had to.

"In the meantime, I should warn that The Khaliq grows homesick. It seems he also has a growing sense of responsibility for his people. I'm still not quite sure what to make of it all. All I know is that other than myself, it appears there is no Scarlet Council, which is likely why I haven't heard about any sort of punishment for your coup. No Queen, no Council, no leadership. It's a wonder that the Keep has remained untouched by it's neighbors and enemies, then again, they do have the Order or Force in the backyard. None the less, I fear an excursion back to the Keep is on the horizon. Perhaps if you speak to him, he'd more easily speak his mind on the subject."

Being born of his circumstances, it was easy for the young, gifted Psion to be told he had no real ties to the Court by birthright. Though it seemed that the Bastard Prince didn't seem to grasp the concept fully. That or he simply didn't care. Either way, his return to PK could go one of many ways; And his choices of what to do once he returned could go many ways more. Xartia could only hope that it wouldn't adversely effect any immediately involved parties. As the only last standing vessel of the Scarlet Region's Court, it was on his shoulders to keep everyone safe while negotiating the best potential future of the region. All responsibilities he was ready to just wash his hands of, and yet Akako had to inform him that his son had needed him in the first place. 

@Akako Akari

She watched the Cambion as he observed one of her many attendants and a knowing smile appeared on her lips. It was barely there and vanished almost as quickly as it appeared before he could return his undivided attention to her. Xartia was a curious individual. He was someone that Akako felt she understood deeply, then other times when he would surprise her. At this moment, she felt the tuggings of familiarity as he admired another woman in her presence. Though, in this instance, she couldn't blame him. Those she kept in her company were exotic and beautiful, some rivaled her own ethereal charm, though the vixen wouldn't ever admit to that. 

Of course, the fawn poured both of them a glass before excusing herself and Akako listened to Xartia, her gaze wandering towards the window. Even though she wasn't looking at him, she was listening with rapt attention, occasionally sipping her sake all the while. 

Finally, she shifted those pools of gold to him again and allowed her expression to shift to one of mischeif. The telling glint in her eyes that Xartia would no doubt recognize lit her features and forced a wicked smile onto painted lips. 

"I suggest we encourage a trip back... and I would like for you to accompany him. Keep tabs on things there for me. If Red has truely vanished, perhaps we can ... maintain things in her absence." 

There was a significant shift in the energy in the room. Her yoki that was once stagnant now buzzed and swayed as if in anticipation of something. It was always difficult to tell what the vixen was up to, but the daiyokai had no doubt that Xartia could glean enough information to figure it out. 

"I will talk to him... find out what is on his mind. Though, I want you to know that I will not confide in you whatever it is that he and I discuss. I have certain suspicions about his abilities and feel more equipped to handle them. Though, I could be grossly underestimating him..." 

The Cambion silently complied without argument. He finished his cup, licking his lips and sucking his teeth afterwards as he examined the cup. Perhaps it was just him, or perhaps the sake tasted different because of the season. Or perhaps it was the bitter taste provided with the responsibilities that were tied to having yet another child. He wasn't sure what Akako's motives were in all regards to consider, though he couldn't help but suspect that she was holding him to raising this one himself. Reassuring him that there was nobody for him to dump this one on. She couldn't and wouldn't do it herself, Red was still missing, Xartia had to be the man he'd failed to be several times prior. Could he see this through? For better or worse?

"I'll keep an eye on my son, perhaps play the role of his Advisor in his endeavors. However, I had no want to rule when I agreed to help Red by joining the council. My stance has not changed. I will not claim responsibility for her kingdom in her absence. I've brought a Kingdom to ruin through my arrogance, and I've now lost a Kingdom to a coup thanks to you."

He mused into a giggle as his eyelids lowered a bit, his gaze shifting back to the Daiyokai. 

"I will not be responsible for losing a third Kingdom. Though I will assuredly help Khaliq to not lose his first. As for ambitions..."

The Magician rose to his feet and moved around her desk in their privacy. He caressed her cheek with a single finger as he delivered a wink. Speaking out once more before gently pecking her on the lips. 

"I wouldn't have expected otherwise."

He lingered in her warmth for a moment, in her scent, in her eyes. Though he inevitably came to stand erect once more, smoothing over his clothes and gently clearing his throat as he paced about the room. Obviously he was procrastinating. Call him selfish, but all he wanted was for the boy to stay in Genesaris so that he could remain close to Akako. He should've known that things could never be so easy for him. 

"It's funny how life works. I didn't want to come to Genesaris, but now I don't want to return to Terrenus (Fracture). Perhaps it just wasn't the right time to open a school or a business after all."

He closed his eyes and sighed lightly with a soft smirk on his face, His hands finding his pockets as he stood still once more.

@Akako Akari

Edited by Twitterpated