Jotnotes

[Skarr Clan] Mouths to Feed OOC

This is the OOC Thread for Mouths to Feed, in which a desperate cluster of warriors, brigands and murderers attempt to identify, mark and steal whatever food, wealth or property they can. 

This Thread is all about spreading the infamy and desperation in which the Skaven and their newer non-rat friends scramble over everything they can in search of food and supplies. Things might get messy fast, and Skaven are easily disposed of in combat. It's going to be bloody work, but there are families that are relying on this raiding party to return home, piled high with grains, meats and cheeses.

To that end, I'll introduce the cast.

Zhot Blightburrow is a newer generation glaive-rat, wielding a heavy, cruel weapon designed for the newer generations of better-fed, better raised Skaven pups. He's never had to fight anything before, but is imbued with that peculiar mania that all ratbloods have. He's ready to put his life on the line--and his foes to the blade.

Skritch Glassmaw is a Skaven marks-rat, carrying a crossbow, and little else. He's a survivor of the original war for the Forgotten Woods, and participated in plenty of skirmishes in and around the woods during his time. He lost an ear in conflict, and since then has made a habit of aiming for the eyes first, to minimize the chance of being hurt. He's ready to do what it takes to earn his supper.

Khrol Skysplitter is a Grey Seer, a male Skaven, castrated at birth and raised originally as a caretaker for Skaven broodmothers, only for his horns to grow in, announcing him as one of King-King's chosen. As a Grey Seer, he imbues the bitter cruelty his kin have suffered, and channels that into terrifying sorcery. Embittered by the nature of his life, and the training endured as a member of the Grey Seers, Khrol despises man-thing with a passion--which he turns back on them with a vengeance.

Thril Shadowweaver is a Skaven Gutter, draped in dark black cloth and wielding two bladed shields--like katars, but designed to protect the wrists as well as work as bladed weapons. Thril is a rare example of a female Skaven not being turned into a Broodmother--after her birth, another, healthier Skaven picked her as a future mate, only to die shortly afterward. She could not be converted afterward, and instead has taken up the mantle as a Gutter, murdering man-things in silence for King-King. Her duty is towards the Clan that gave her this rare life, but she pines for greener pastures, and finds herself greatly intrigued by human culture, foods and society.

Veron Blacktear is a Shkei, basically a healthier, larger and stronger breed of Skaven or Rat-folk. As such, he looks different than most Skaven, standing at six feet, with broad shoulders and a muscular build. He is black of fur and black of eye, with an eyepatch over his left eye. Veron doesn't go out of his way to validate, but rumor has it that his left eye is intact but is covered because of the malice stored within, with a burning red iris and a black pupil shaped like a cat's, earning Veron the nickname "Cat's Eye" that stuck with him ever since he left Nesthome years ago. Maroon horns grow atop his skull, pulling backward a little behind his head. He has a head of long silver hair.

Veron attires himself in mostly travel-ready garments, sporting a red cloak, a grey duster and black leather beneath in the form of a padded gambeson, pants and boots, though he carries light, medium and heavy armor. As a Shkei, he is considered handsome among his species, and even some members of other species could consider his looks to be appealing. Like the company he keeps, he is well-armed, carrying a longbow, glaive, two scimitars and a variety of knives and grenades.

Once a member of the Skaven of Nesthome, Veron was exiled years ago for reasons that few know why, and fewer now that the population of Nesthome was greatly diminished after the catastrophe in the caves and the war with the Fae of the Forgotten Wood. Rumor has it that Veron had succeeded or failed in seducing a broodmother, or at least a female that could have become one, with or without her will. Then there are rumors that he helped lead or chiefly led a rebellion against King-King during the latter's campaign to unite the Skaven. There is another notion that Veron had failed to defeat a great foe of the Skarr Clan, resulting in heavy losses of the Skarr. Whatever the truth, only Veron knows why Veron was banished, save for any soul still alive to speak of that truth.

Ever since, Veron has spent his years roaming Terrenus. He formed the mercenary company the Lost Scions. They consist of members from various races and backgrounds, though all have a shared penchant for cruelty, prize and plunder. They are sellswords as much as they are brigands, not needing a mission to raid and ruin in order to do so out of their own accord. Veron leads them, using his armored wagon, the Scourge, and a contingent of mounted troops and officers' steeds. Over time, the Lost Scions have earned their fair share of dread and the nicknames to spell it, as has their leader, the Black Captain.

Veron is played by @Die Shize

Vito appearance- The raider always wears his bone white mask, which meets his white eyes. The only color on his mask is two blue marks, almost like the markings of a jester. His attire is leather padded armor along with a tattered leather hooded cloak, all mixed grey/navy blue in color with various properties. He wear multiple pouches and enchanted pieces of jewelry, talk to him if you want to know more. His weapon of choice is his swordstaff, giving off a red aura, which is sheathed by his right hip. His appearance is pretty dull, but functional.  

Vito is played by @Rabbit

Ragnar Amarth is Norse demi-god from unknown origins. Height is 6'8, approximately 300 pounds, and carries two weapons. A two-handed battleaxe and a greatsword. He is fully capable of wielding both weapon and magic simultaneously. Known magic is Breath of the Frost Giants and Strike Fear while the rest is unknown to those on Valucre. Travels via portals created by his immortal parent. Has a dire wolf who he obtained through a badgerfolk named Chinafel. 

Ragnar is played by @SteamWarden

16 year old girl with orange hair and a mouse voice is played by @The Rabbit Emperor

Those who will be joining us, feel free to provide a small blurb about your character, or a character sheet in here. This is where thread updates, questions, and discussions will take place. Be sure to follow both of these threads, to keep up to date.

Edited by Jotnotes

My character is a sellsword (mercenary) with his own sellsword company, having brought that company to Tradetown. However, for Jotnotes' plot purposes and roleplay restraints, I can always dismiss the company or leave them at Tradetown or nearby if need be.

9 minutes ago, Die Shize said:

My character is a sellsword (mercenary) with his own sellsword company, having brought that company to Tradetown. However, for Jotnotes' plot purposes and roleplay restraints, I can always dismiss the company or leave them at Tradetown or nearby if need be.

For now, they can remain at Tradetown, but rejoin us if we choose to sack a larger town, along with the rest of the skaven forces.

If that works?

We are, I believe?

I have two other characters to introduce, as well, so I'll be posting a second time before work today, to give you something to interact with, if you care to.

1 hour ago, Jotnotes said:

We are, I believe?

I have two other characters to introduce, as well, so I'll be posting a second time before work today, to give you something to interact with, if you care to.

No, just didn't know if there was any time limit before the next person posts or if there are even posting rounds

Just now, Die Shize said:

No, just didn't know if there was any time limit before the next person posts or if there are even posting rounds

It'll depend largely on what we are able to do. I like 3-day posting schedules, but not everyone can do that, or need days off, or get distracted. 

Once we've all posted, and are able to figure it out amongst ourselves, we can arrange a posting schedule.

I can do one post every three days with leeway on the weekends more or less

I generally don't get distracted enough to forget a roleplay without communicating. Usually if I forget to post it's because of missing a notification...

@Jotnotes

So my idea with Veron Blacktear is that he was once a citizen of Nesthome prior to the great collapse when the ceiling fell and whatnot. Years ago, at some point before all that happened, he was banished from the Skaven/Skarr realm. I imagine that such an outcome would be a rarity among this society but would that be feasible enough of an idea for you to accept it?

The reason Veron was exiled is left to tales because only a few actually know why. After all this time, many Rats wouldn't really know about him. Some stories say that he instigated a failed rebellion against King-King (maybe a number of Rats were opposed to King-King's push for peace during his bid to unite them all?), others say that he failed to liquidate a rival clan that continued to assault Skarr Clan after a miserable defeat, and some others say that Veron tried (if not succeeded) to seduce a brood-mother that may or may not have been voluntary.

I reckon that a Rat could be killed for any of the above but he was instead banished because of his status, or if that's not ideal then maybe he just exiled himself.

Feasible?

Edited by Die Shize