Jotnotes

[Skarr Clan] Mouths to Feed OOC

Basically combined two posts into one just now, particularly in light of advancing the roleplay.

Also, not sure if this matters more IC than OOC but Kinsmeet does have farms around it, as far as a previous IC mention from Khrol thinking that it might be worthwhile sending multiple trips. Definitely worth considering if the farms are raided too.

Also, Veron was never really adamant about keeping slaves. He has no need of slaves personally since the Lost Scions are a mercenary company. He is however pushing for these captives to be taken as slaves for Skarr Clan, but Khrol can ultimately just decide to off them for more meat or unwanted baggage. They're chained up in the market square but they can just as much die where they stand.

Edited by Die Shize

Part 2 of post sometime tomorrow. I've been struggling to figure out what to do next, so I'm just splitting it into two parts; one where Khrol dictates what the rats get up to next, and perhaps another where the rats all settle in for the night.

It seems to me that Skarr clan is going to shack up inside of the skeletons of Kinsmeet for the night, no idea what Veron or his company plans on doing. We can either spend the 'night' writing up the revelry and so forth that the characters get up to, or skip it for the most part. If you have a preference, be sure to tell me!

6 hours ago, Jotnotes said:

Part 2 of post sometime tomorrow. I've been struggling to figure out what to do next, so I'm just splitting it into two parts; one where Khrol dictates what the rats get up to next, and perhaps another where the rats all settle in for the night.

It seems to me that Skarr clan is going to shack up inside of the skeletons of Kinsmeet for the night, no idea what Veron or his company plans on doing. We can either spend the 'night' writing up the revelry and so forth that the characters get up to, or skip it for the most part. If you have a preference, be sure to tell me!

No preference on my part but I am generally quite okay with writing complementary scenes like the ‘revelry’. All just more opportunity for story and character development to me. I don’t mind either way though.

Veron and company will likely remain in the midst of Skarr Clan for the most part. Khrol is ultimately Veron’s acting commander since this is still Skarr Clan’s operation but he might send out more scouts or something on his own initiative. Otherwise there won’t be much distance kept between Skarr and Scion.

Edited by Die Shize

32 minutes ago, Die Shize said:

Will have a post up tomorrow, if only to finalize Veron's part in the festivities scene

Would have been cool to experience more of that, was hoping for a Veron-Khrol encounter, but alas I didn't post soon enough

If you want a Veron/Khrol love-scene, just ask. ❤️

All right so I won’t be home till late tonight and tomorrow night, will try to squeeze a post in as best I can.

I know we’re generally moving forward in some way every Tuesday so it is what it is.

Worst comes to worst Veron and Khrol can share a table some other night.

Heck, it might even be fun to bounce some ‘flashback’ roleplay separated in the present day. Like if I can’t post before the IC night ends, my eventual post could be the following day, and in that post I can separate another section where Veron encounters Khrol when he was in the village hall reading his book (it’s a perfect setting that I was sold on). And as the few posts go on, that ‘flashback’ material can potentially influence the two’s ongoing stances toward each other.

Just thinking in text, of course. Always wanted to try ‘flashback’ roleplay like that but never had a reason to. I may yet!

Edited by Die Shize

You still have time, so feel free to try something new, and toy with a few ideas if you like. I've been meaning to return to a more prompt posting schedule, so I'll be able to reply quickly to new posts I think.

You two have been very patient with my lax schedule, though, so I'm more than happy to give you guys the time you need.

2 hours ago, Jotnotes said:

You still have time, so feel free to try something new, and toy with a few ideas if you like. I've been meaning to return to a more prompt posting schedule, so I'll be able to reply quickly to new posts I think.

You two have been very patient with my lax schedule, though, so I'm more than happy to give you guys the time you need.

Totally fine. I’ve had my own lax lol. As much as I enjoy roleplay there are always other items that require attention outside of Val!

I actually might be able to post tonight after all, on that note.