Jotnotes

[Skarr Clan] Mouths to Feed OOC

Well The Rabbit Emperor posted in the IC just before Jot so I was waiting on Rabbit and Steam before I go again. On that note, I’d wager Jot’s next post or at least the one after will be taking us out of town to go scout. Should be back to Emperor at that point.

48 minutes ago, Die Shize said:

Well The Rabbit Emperor posted in the IC just before Jot so I was waiting on Rabbit and Steam before I go again. On that note, I’d wager Jot’s next post or at least the one after will be taking us out of town to go scout. Should be back to Emperor at that point.

Funnily enough I was waiting for you and Rabbit to go before I went. Flip a coin? Heads you lose, tails I win?

1 hour ago, SteamWarden said:

Funnily enough I was waiting for you and Rabbit to go before I went. Flip a coin? Heads you lose, tails I win?

Oh I don't mind going in front of you. Even without a firm posting order, I habitually form my own in that I let everyone else post before I post twice

To clarify my own take on a posting order, I have this in mind;

-I'll be posting a minimum of once every 7 days. This will move the thread along, be it travelling, scouting, flavor text or combat

-During those 7 days, everybody is free and encouraged to interact with one another and the environment. Talk with each other, discuss tactics, prepare for combat, track potential targets, look for nearby towns and so forth. It's all within your ability to control, and I invite y'all to do so.

-I will hold off on posting and moving things along, if dialogue or some kind of interaction is currently ongoing. That's just to make sure you guys have the time you need to engage with each other.

Remember that because this thread is important for Faction-related reasons, I have to keep it moving to its conclusion eventually. I do hope you're all along for the ride until the very end, and that you create some interesting character chemistry with your fellow writers!

I'll have a new post up sometime today, in order to shuttle us onto the road. From there, we can get started taking a course of action, and hopefully move into our first combat scenario quickly.

2 minutes ago, Jotnotes said:

To clarify my own take on a posting order, I have this in mind;

-I'll be posting a minimum of once every 7 days. This will move the thread along, be it travelling, scouting, flavor text or combat

-During those 7 days, everybody is free and encouraged to interact with one another and the environment. Talk with each other, discuss tactics, prepare for combat, track potential targets, look for nearby towns and so forth. It's all within your ability to control, and I invite y'all to do so.

-I will hold off on posting and moving things along, if dialogue or some kind of interaction is currently ongoing. That's just to make sure you guys have the time you need to engage with each other.

Remember that because this thread is important for Faction-related reasons, I have to keep it moving to its conclusion eventually. I do hope you're all along for the ride until the very end, and that you create some interesting character chemistry with your fellow writers!

I'll have a new post up sometime today, in order to shuttle us onto the road. From there, we can get started taking a course of action, and hopefully move into our first combat scenario quickly.

I will see the roleplay to its end, commander. 

I won’t be shy about getting involved. I’m playing a character who doesn’t know the meaning of shy.

39 minutes ago, Jotnotes said:

Nope! I just wanted to make a smaller one, to answer some questions.

Thread progression will occur later.

Yeah I just meant in regards to the quote on SteamWarden. It was at the bottom of your IC so I thought I had missed something lol

15 minutes ago, Die Shize said:

Yeah I just meant in regards to the quote on SteamWarden. It was at the bottom of your IC so I thought I had missed something lol

Ah, I see what you mean.

I just wanted to add some flavor to what he'd said, by showing Zhot being in a little over his head.

A number of characters and perspectives going on in the IC but just wanted to clarify a point!

The PC who summoned the portal isn't the same as my PC, Veron Blacktear, a Shkei Skaven. Veron is definitely a Ratman/Ratkin/Ratfolk/Ratsomething but the one who summoned the portal is SteamWarden's PC.

9 minutes ago, Die Shize said:

A number of characters and perspectives going on in the IC but just wanted to clarify a point!

The PC who summoned the portal isn't the same as my PC, Veron Blacktear, a Shkei Skaven. Veron is definitely a Ratman/Ratkin/Ratfolk/Ratsomething but the one who summoned the portal is SteamWarden's PC.

Perhaps now is a good time for everybody to offer a brief summary of their character, appearance and such in the OOC, for quick reference.

If you'll all post something like that, I'll happily add it to the first post in the thread, for everyone's leisure.

Veron "Cat's Eye" Blacktear

gh5gvNg.png?1
The image betrays how Veron really looks, described below, but it gives an idea.

Veron Blacktear is a Shkei, basically a healthier, larger and stronger breed of Skaven or Rat-folk. As such, he looks different than most Skaven, standing at six feet, with broad shoulders and a muscular build. He is black of fur and black of eye, with an eyepatch over his left eye. Veron doesn't go out of his way to validate, but rumor has it that his left eye is intact but is covered because of the malice stored within, with a burning red iris and a black pupil shaped like a cat's, earning Veron the nickname "Cat's Eye" that stuck with him ever since he left Nesthome years ago. Maroon horns grow atop his skull, pulling backward a little behind his head. He has a head of long silver hair.

Veron attires himself in mostly travel-ready garments, sporting a red cloak, a grey duster and black leather beneath in the form of a padded gambeson, pants and boots, though he carries light, medium and heavy armor. As a Shkei, he is considered handsome among his species, and even some members of other species could consider his looks to be appealing. Like the company he keeps, he is well-armed, carrying a longbow, glaive, two scimitars and a variety of knives and grenades.

Once a member of the Skaven of Nesthome, Veron was exiled years ago for reasons that few know why, and fewer now that the population of Nesthome was greatly diminished after the catastrophe in the caves and the war with the Fae of the Forgotten Wood. Rumor has it that Veron had succeeded or failed in seducing a broodmother, or at least a female that could have become one, with or without her will. Then there are rumors that he helped lead or chiefly led a rebellion against King-King during the latter's campaign to unite the Skaven. There is another notion that Veron had failed to defeat a great foe of the Skarr Clan, resulting in heavy losses of the Skarr. Whatever the truth, only Veron knows why Veron was banished, save for any soul still alive to speak of that truth.

Ever since, Veron has spent his years roaming Terrenus. He formed the mercenary company the Lost Scions. They consist of members from various races and backgrounds, though all have a shared penchant for cruelty, prize and plunder. They are sellswords as much as they are brigands, not needing a mission to raid and ruin in order to do so out of their own accord. Veron leads them, using his armored wagon, the Scourge, and a contingent of mounted troops and officers' steeds. Over time, the Lost Scions have earned their fair share of dread and the nicknames to spell it, as has their leader, the Black Captain.

Edited by Die Shize

Very sorry for the wait, folks, but the latest post is up! Feel free to engage, discuss and interact as you see fit in there. We're looking for dialogue, trackers, game-planners and class, so bring any of that to the table if you have it. 

Also a reminder that I need little character descriptions from @The Rabbit Emperor @Rabbit and @SteamWarden, just so that I can add them to the first post of this OOC, so that anybody looking for physcial appearances/body language can find it at a glance. @Die Shize already submitted theirs, so take a look at the first post if you need ideas on what to write about!

Remember, we have 7 days from now to get our posts in, before I begin moving the cart onto a new scene. Ideally speaking, we will spend only a single round in 'transit', letting people talk and engage, before we move on to the next story beat. We might be forced to expand the transit scene for another round, if it turns out that I need to haul more weight than anticipated.

Also, remember that we are always on the hunt for new targets to sack, so feel free to spot 'campfire smoke' or far off buildings, or farm acres and the like, whenever you please. Your efforts will keep the action moving forward!