Jotnotes

[Skarr Clan] Mouths to Feed OOC

@Jotnotes Vito appearance- The raider always wears his bone white mask, which meets his white eyes. The only color on his mask is two blue marks, almost like the markings of a jester. His attire is leather padded armor along with a tattered leather hooded cloak, all mixed grey/navy blue in color with various properties. He wear multiple pouches and enchanted pieces of jewelry, talk to him if you want to know more. His weapon of choice is his swordstaff, giving off a red aura, which is sheathed by his right hip. His appearance is pretty dull, but functional.  

Spoiler

5bd9e5b060eb3d18f40f2b55694f0bc7.jpg

Ragnar Amarth is Norse demi-god from unknown origins. Height is 6'8, approximately 300 pounds, and carries two weapons. A two-handed battleaxe and a greatsword. He is fully capable of wielding both weapon and magic simultaneously. Known magic is Breath of the Frost Giants and Strike Fear while the rest is unknown to those on Valucre. Travels via portals created by his immortal parent. Has a dire wolf who he obtained through a badgerfolk named Chinafel. 

31 minutes ago, SteamWarden said:

I'd say skip me for this turn. The gist of my next post would be Ragnar following with a lot useless filler just to make a decently long enough post.

As Jot jotted down for us, filler is acceptable, steering the plot forward even ideal.

No rule against skippage but the whole point of being in this roleplay is to post lol. As Jot elaborated, you can worldbuild, character build, relationship build, observe and experiment, dialogue and get to know, create targets to scout and such.

This one is up to us!

13 minutes ago, Die Shize said:

As Jot jotted down for us, filler is acceptable, steering the plot forward even ideal.

No rule against skippage but the whole point of being in this roleplay is to post lol. As Jot elaborated, you can worldbuild, character build, relationship build, observe and experiment, dialogue and get to know, create targets to scout and such.

This one is up to us!

I don't know why but my mind felt useless filler wouldn't make a difference. Thank you for reminding me/filling me in that it's alright. Will post later.

20 minutes ago, SteamWarden said:

I don't know why but my mind felt useless filler wouldn't make a difference. Thank you for reminding me/filling me in that it's alright. Will post later.

Honestly I think “filler” is a term that is often misused. 

What we call “filler” isn’t inherently bad and comes up even more than we might think. Does anyone -need- to state the color of their character’s hair? Probably not. So if it isn’t a requirement for roleplaying, is it filler? In a way, sure. Is it wrong? Not necessarily. It’s detail for the sake of detail. 

Even outside of roleplay, you’ll find authors who never once state what color their character’s hair is. If they do, it’s one word one time and never again. Others might contrast the color with something else—“hair as yellow as the sun”. Now, you can go overboard and explain how many strands of hair there are, but that’s different.

Point is that giving detail, even if your reader/fellow roleplayer can’t really do much with that detail, isn’t a crime, even if you want to call it ‘filler’. If it’s interesting then it just might be worth reading. How do you know if what you write is interesting? You usually don’t. That’s for the other person to decide. As writers, we take a risk the moment we put one letter in the post box. But don’t be deterred by the stigma of “filler”.

Counting Tuesday of this week, I believe Jot will put us in a new scene next Tuesday after 7 days.

I believe that Rabbit Emperor cannot post on Friday, Saturday or Sunday. I’ll post again tomorrow night, whether he is able to post today or not, and the rest of us can back-and-forth from there till this coming Tuesday.

Just now, Jotnotes said:

Post will be going up sometime Tuesday morning! This is your last call to do any character-testing/investigating before the party find their first target, and plots their attack!

I’ll just be finalizing my part in the current scene so will post that tonight.

Looking forward to more!

3 hours ago, Jotnotes said:

Post will be going up sometime Tuesday morning! This is your last call to do any character-testing/investigating before the party find their first target, and plots their attack!

Not sure if I told you but I'm currently sick so my posts are delayed for the time being until I'm better.