Research the Valley of Elemental Stone 

Located in Taen is an untouched valley, its beauty and potential ready for exploring. The recently discovered valley holds a high volume of elemental stone, resulting in anomalous and ever changing terrain. Floating islands and rivers, endless waterfalls, creeping mist and more. The flora and fauna found have perfectly adapted to this environment, exclusively found within the valley. 

"Study how water flows in a valley stream, smoothly and freely between the rocks. Also learn from holy books and wise people. Everything - even mountains, rivers, plants and trees - should be your teacher."

Official Page

Basic Overview ~
Objective ~ Explore, research and catalog the geography of the valley.
Difficulty ~ Easy
Reward ~ One adapt level summon/familiar, adapt level enchanted item or oddity trinket. 

Hello and welcome everyone! I've decided to start my first large scale project and currently looking for others to join. The project in question is meant to be fairly laid back and more wholesome, but can go in any direction if desired. The purpose is to build upon the valleys lore, allowing participants to create and shape its geography. Building a catalog of what can be found there such as fauna, flora, fungi, terrain, landscape, phenomena, etc. So far nothing has been made beyond a basic outline, so this is pretty much a blank template.

The starting point will be Hydra’s Haven, participants will be transported to the location via airship. Once there you’ll be allowed to go off in a group or solo, do whatever you want whilst you're there. However, the main goal is to explore and research the inhabitants. You’ll be able to create your own plants, animals, terrain features, anomalies, etc and they’ll be added to the official page. Create as much or as little as you desire, just follow the simple template below if you do decide to make something. A more detailed template can be created if desired. E.G for fauna you could add subdivision, temperate, etc. The example below is simply the minimal content required.

Researcher name: Your characters name
Name: The name of your creation.
Classification: Flora, fauna, topography, anomalie, etc.
Descriptions: Description of your creation.

Upon return you’ll be rewarded for a job well done. You'll be able to choose one of the three listed rewards mentioned in the basic overview, the item or summon will be randomly created by me. Examples of enchanted items could be something along the lines of an enchanted sword or ring. Examples of summons/familiars could be an elemental slug or miniature psionic dragon. Examples oddity trinkets could be a compass that always points home or a necklace that gives you an out of body experience. If you want something specific then feel free to ask, but I won’t be creating anything too powerful. 

Thanks for reading! I'm always open to suggestions if you have any, if you have any questions then don’t be afraid to ask.

Current Crew

@Thotification
@Chemister_Kaane
@Infernal
@Vilhardt

Edited by Rabbit

8 minutes ago, Thotification said:

? Interesting..count me in

Welcome aboard! I'll be starting the thread in a week, hopefully attract some more people by then.

I got some extra time today, managed to get the thread out a little early. I won't officially start the clock till tomorrow, but feel free to start early. 

Thread

And ooc

7 hours ago, Dauner Light said:

I'm in

Feel free to jump in and start at any moment, OOC and thread are linked in the comment above yours. As stated in ooc I'll posting once every sunday, so you have a week to post as much as you desire.

28 minutes ago, Rabbit said:

Feel free to jump in and start at any moment, OOC and thread are linked in the comment above yours. As stated in ooc I'll posting once every sunday, so you have a week to post as much as you desire.

Thank you. I should be getting my first post up before sunday