supernal

Temple City, featuring you

This is temple city: https://www.valucre.com/topic/40298-order-of-the-word-temple-city/

At the moment, temple city is heavily underutilized. Normally this would be my cue to sweep the property away or let it fade into the background, but since this is one of the properties that came out of the civil war plot I want to instead open it up to more communal use

If you're looking to establish a company / corporate, a ruthless gang of criminals or mercenaries, a trade or industry, or even a neat feature, then let me know and we can work on incorporating it into the lore. This isn't for drive-by mentions, but for people who will plant a flag in TC and then *do things* to develop said flags. I'm open to TC changing drastically as long as those drastic changes come about as consequences to canonized player action

Options for leadership are available as well but will require closer alignment with the extant lore than bringing in an external influence

confirmed vested parties

1. spooky mittens
    1. temple of coth
Edited by supernal

Anyone interested in this should also contact me, as Coth hosts dozens of Temple City knights as part of its military force. Before the creator became inactive, Temple City was approaching an alliance with Coth. 

37 minutes ago, Vansin said:

Anyone interested in this should also contact me, as Coth hosts dozens of Temple City knights as part of its military force. Before the creator became inactive, Temple City was approaching an alliance with Coth. 

The collaboration is welcome! That said this is about activity inside of temple city proper and shouldn’t influence the tentative alliance or the knights that have already been dispatched to coth. Whoever comes in at this stage is unlikely to have an effect on either 

Certainly, my offer is mostly to let any newcomers know that interaction with Coth is welcomed in whatever form. 

Also, as chairman of the region which surrounds both Coth and Temple City, I consider it my responsibility to welcome anyone who takes up the mantle. If anyone decides to take over the city proper, my line is always open when it comes to collaboration!

I'm curious as to whether or not I want one of my characters to attempt to take over the place, and whether or not it would do a whole lot of good since it wouldn't change a lot about Temple City I don't think besides a transition towards a more conservative kind of Gaianism.

1 minute ago, Infernal said:

I'm curious as to whether or not I want one of my characters to attempt to take over the place, and whether or not it would do a whole lot of good since it wouldn't change a lot about Temple City I don't think besides a transition towards a more conservative kind of Gaianism.

When I said I wanted to break up areas our games intersect that applies to future games / projects too. So, pass 

15 hours ago, Spooky Mittens said:

It's such a nice puzzle piece, it fits right in without any wiggling or forcing.  It just makes sense for a Coth citizen to move on in.

I'd like to take it.

Fantastic. 

Just want to cofirm expectations here: I'm not offering up the city wholesale, but opening up toeholds for people that want to reach the top. Which a Coth citizen can definitely do.

Already have something in mind for your character to settle in and start climbing?

But of course!  Religion is the obvious starting point.  My character, Tirkas, would likely encounter the city on his way North to investigate the disappearance of Coth's prophet.  His first goal would be to establish a place of worship, followed by a new knightly order within the city to cement it's relationship with Coth.

1 hour ago, Spooky Mittens said:

But of course!  Religion is the obvious starting point.  My character, Tirkas, would likely encounter the city on his way North to investigate the disappearance of Coth's prophet.  His first goal would be to establish a place of worship, followed by a new knightly order within the city to cement it's relationship with Coth.

I like the sound of that 

So maybe what this looks like is I add an Org/group section. A few sentences detailing the newly established coth temple - if you make an org page I can link to it here. And the first roleplay around it could be the actual creation of it, or post creation it could center around missionary work, or post missionary work could center around establishing the new knightly order 

Then that would be its first canonized foray in TC

Sounds viable / aligned with your vision? 

Dude, this is... pretty badass.

I'd love to have a piece of this, but damned if I can think of a way to change it up. I'd just, like, put try to put together a group of knights that would be the first official multi-disciplinary unit and have them get into all kinds of high stakes reality-show shenanigans. I'd have to carefully read the canon thread first to get the feeling down, but right now this kind of calls to me.

3 minutes ago, Veloci-Rapture said:

Dude, this is... pretty badass.

I'd love to have a piece of this, but damned if I can think of a way to change it up. I'd just, like, put try to put together a group of knights that would be the first official multi-disciplinary unit and have them get into all kinds of high stakes reality-show shenanigans. I'd have to carefully read the canon thread first to get the feeling down, but right now this kind of calls to me.

That works 

If you want to spit ball some stuff I’m down for a brainstorming session. But what you threw out works just dandy 

1 minute ago, supernal said:

That works 

If you want to spit ball some stuff I’m down for a brainstorming session. But what you threw out works just dandy 

Your spitballs are always curves and sliders, but they still stick to the ceiling just fine, so absolutely! 

Are you looking for someone to take over the current leaders and keep the place marching forward, or are you looking for someone to come in, stage a coup, and shake the whole place up? I could see this going either way.