supernal

Temple City, featuring you

17 minutes ago, Veloci-Rapture said:

Your spitballs are always curves and sliders, but they still stick to the ceiling just fine, so absolutely! 

Are you looking for someone to take over the current leaders and keep the place marching forward, or are you looking for someone to come in, stage a coup, and shake the whole place up? I could see this going either way. 

This is a clunky analogy so bear with me but I think it'll serve

For this I'm not looking to bring in a new CEO or someone on the board of directors. I'm looking for middle/upper management but not an exec. I do want the place to end up being managed by someone but it's hard to tell who that someone should be based off a sign up sheet, and previous histories for members works about as well as previous histories for stocks (aka no guarantee of future performance)

So I figure I'll open up the middle tier and let people work their way to the top. Whoever <does things> and <is still around> is the one who ends up as CEO - ideally as a consequence of the <things they do>

That doesn't mean that coups are necessary for example but coups can definitely be incorporated, you can end up at that place as a result of political campaigns, as a result of being a folk hero renowned locally for their deeds, a corrupt official or gang leader or corporate stooge etc etc

So both of your options are still viable, you can still come in and march forward or stage a coup and shake the place up, it would just be at the mid-tier rather than the top-tier

If that makes sense

2 minutes ago, supernal said:

So both of your options are still viable, you can still come in and march forward or stage a coup and shake the place up, it would just be at the mid-tier rather than the top-tier

If that makes sense

That makes perfect sense. In fact, that's even better. I'll start reading the canon thread and if (or, let's be honest, when) it sparks any more concrete ideas, I'll hit you up with a couple. I'm excited!

Just now, Veloci-Rapture said:

That makes perfect sense. In fact, that's even better. I'll start reading the canon thread and if (or, let's be honest, when) it sparks any more concrete ideas, I'll hit you up with a couple. I'm excited!

I am too! I like your rapture style 

My deep won’t be as deep as yours but I’ll rifle through the landing page and think about what I would do in your shoes and see what comes of it 

@Veloci-Rapture Here's what I got

Some things which came to mind as I read through the lore

1) Becoming a member of the Order. Not a ranked member of the council but someone who might vie for that position IC

2) Organization section also indicates that Temple City has been pushing for acceptance of 'all races, cultures, and belief systems'. Some kind of opposition party to one, multiple, or all of these things could make for interesting conflict

3) Foreign relations is kind of skimpy. Can be an emissary sent TO temple city looking to open up a relationship or an emissary FROM temple city looking to break bread with some neighbors; there's some fertile ground with coth that can be expanded on or new lines entirely but I think it'd be neat to explore that with any of the other player run stuff too, like aligoria or norkotia or nesthome

4) The economy is underpinned by mining. It'd be interesting to couch one of the terrenus materials in here and start growing up an operation; one man, then team, then company

Ok, so, after reading all of that, and the founder's page on the different orders, and then scouring their history for information on that weird dark-elf thing at the end of the canon thread, I have a rockin idea. 

So, near the end, Vivine implied that the horrific child-spiders were her "sister's retainers". That means there's another one of her kind somewhere. So what if she comes looking, but Vivine took off (would have to ask @Jotnotes if Kian would have stayed in the city or not, but if he didn't, then we can just say Vivine went with him, and if he did, well, we'll burn that bridge when we cross it), so nuts on that part, but BUT! These critters are sly and manipulative and power-hungry emotional vampires (according to the User Lore page), so maybe she hangs around to try and worm her way into the power structure. THAT is a character I can play confidently. Minus the "no lies" part, I'd have to get a little better are verbal slipperiness to make that work, but it'd be a fun exercise!

That would put me at odds with anyone else moving in, and has a lot of potential for conflict, drama, and change!  

Kian and Vas-Vivine were supposed to leave together, yes, but I haven't written as Kian nor heard from the other writer since. 

If you need to write her out, feel free to use Kian as an excuse. If you need them for something, Kian can stick around at the very least.

On 9/10/2019 at 6:34 PM, Veloci-Rapture said:

Awesome! Thanks!

@supernal give me a couple of days to chew on this character concept, and I'll post a write-up in the usual spot. 

What’s a good few keywords I can use for your idea to capture it on the first post?