supernal

Adventuring 102 - intermediate questing

@Die Shize

Since your character was around they would know that the pool of white just past the slime pool (which is the second to last one) is actually healing lotion. What they do with this information is up to them 

No one as yet knows what’s up with the final pool 

2 minutes ago, LukeRipstine said:

Okay so I need a bit of advice.

Can my character take or attempt to take the weapon the woman has? And if so wouldn't I have to wait until the @Die Shize turn until it takes effect? 

If Die gives approval for that here in the ooc, you can assume success in doing that in your IC post as you’re next in line 

@LukeRipstine

As long as you write it well then you can call it an attempt to take, but honestly you’re probably better off dodging outright!

Certainly not an attempt to autohit on my part but if we figure that our characters are an inch in height then a two-inch toothpick broken roughly in half is now more akin to a bo staff, so Luke needs both good reflexes and grasping power to take the stick in motion.

You can alternatively just do something as simple as having Luke running along the other side of the pipe opposite where the stick is swinging. My char only has footsteps to go off when it comes to aiming her blind swing.

But all that’s my technical self responding to you. Really as long as it’s fun then you can play catch. 

EDIT:

On note of technicalities, I forgot to factor in the assumed width of the pipe, it’s no train tunnel even with our sizes, so Luke could just duck from the swing or go for the rule of cool and catch the stick.

@LukeRipstine

Edited by Die Shize

@Die Shize

Well with the size of the weapon and the angle I  was thinking more of dodging and going for the sword at your waist! I'll try to make it fun though, that's a given. Lots of perception ,or well I think so at least , influences most of my characters fighting so do you think if she misses and hits the wall that she can rebound fast enough to catch some one behind her?

45 minutes ago, LukeRipstine said:

Okay thanks, also does the monster have a core or anything ? Or does it need to be destroyed completely? 

Please?@Die Shize  the sword not the tooth pick, as to take it out of the hilt whilst moving around you.

For the “does it have a core” question. Is that something Luke would be able to tell somehow or is it mostly just him trying to tell by the light their glowing bodies produce?

13 minutes ago, LukeRipstine said:

@Die Shize

Well with the size of the weapon and the angle I  was thinking more of dodging and going for the sword at your waist! I'll try to make it fun though, that's a given. Lots of perception ,or well I think so at least , influences most of my characters fighting so do you think if she misses and hits the wall that she can rebound fast enough to catch some one behind her?

If we were doing PVP then I’d say that your dodge is assured but taking the sword would only be an attempt.

However, let’s collaborate and you both dodge the stick and snag the sword and we can make a game of it.

bada badoopa woot woot

3 hours ago, LukeRipstine said:

hmmmm okay then I was gonna stun her a little like push her into a wall but I'm a few minutes from completing my post and everything is a "try" so I can change it or you can doge!

Everything as a “try” also works and is generally healthy.

Roleplay is an interesting thing; we want to keep the flow while not stepping on toes but I think we’re safe for now.

Edited by Die Shize