supernal

Adventuring 102 - intermediate questing

Just to clarify something here - Luke PMed me to explain the nature of Luke's abilities. In that PM I confirmed that the slime does not have a core

An easy middle-of-the-road fix here is that rather than a single core / heart, it has several "nodes" / "nerve centers" spread throughout its gelatinous body

27 minutes ago, Die Shize said:

I was purposely vague about whether my toothpick is a hit or miss. Tickle is free to determine that, such as an outright miss or a hit that does damage/distracts the ooze but isn’t fatal, etc.

On that note and now that I've caught up on Die's post too, the toothpick would be targeting one of these centers and, if it succeeds, will cause a large section of the ooze to dissolve

It will make the ooze more rampant and start attacking two of you at once

Okay in stead of the core I replaced it with a small Custer of three of the nerves with the others spread out. I was thinking it have multiple nerves together to help shoot up at Luke in the air. Is that okay? 

Regardless Luke used his powers to highlight the rest of the nodes and will most likely be not too ready to fight next turn. 

All right! Let's clarify so we're all on the same page. 

Will is foggy as hell. He's got a head injury, and he's been in the pipes for a long time now so he's not his best right now.. Regardless, he was able to recognize that Luke and the pipe-dweller (don't know her name) are mounting an attack and attempted to help with his explosive bolt.

Sad fact: it didn't work. You all saw the dice roll. I managed to roll a one on the d10, so the bolt was a dud. No boom boom. 

Second sad fact: the tentacle monster intercepted crazy lady's toothpick. It currently has a tentacle wrapped around it, and is holding her there tightly. Up to you @Die Shize whether or not she pulls it out of its grasp, lets go, or is yeeted through the pipe along with the toothpick. Or something completely different. All up to you. 

Happy fact: Will missed the node, but he did hit the monster. It tried to retaliate, but ended up splashing into the acid. It is now in pain, and WIll has his own idea. Whether Luke picked up on that while slicing and dicing, and decides to help or not is up to you @LukeRipstine

I think that's it. 

Please let me know if I overstepped with anything, or made something very confusing. I am happy to edit/clarify some more. Sorry for the wait!

Tickle’s post was solid and I just wanted to hit twice on an important note 

The acid took time to begin tingling on Will’s skin and then burning and he could wash it off in the water pool. By contrast the blob withers pretty much on contact with the acid 

Luke will be recovering this turn and since at the end of my last turn h was already into the water pool he didn't see the oozes reaction to the acid but I can make something happen because unless hes gonna take a dip in the healing pool, which is very unlikely, hes at the limit for his magic use and hell have to find other means of dealing damage to the creature. Having the sword and the location of the nodes are good bits of information to have but thinking of doing more damage to the creature I'm thinking more along the lines of emptying the potion bottle (if its still intact) and using it as a throwing weapon either by trying to shatter it when thrown into the ooze or just simply leave the top off and have it do damage over time to the creature. Either way Luke will be either prepping or out of it for this turn . 

@ticklefarte you've probably already said but is the arrow an impact explosion or a chemical explosion ?