supernal

Adventuring 102 - intermediate questing

I tried a different approach, if this isn't that great just let me know and we can change it a bit but I thought this would be a unique way to handle the situation. Maybe it will enrage mone or maybe the three will rest and get attacked hell even maybe mone does get arrested who knows but i tried and cant wait to see the next move. \

Oh and I also made the assumption that something like not telling the correct quest difficulty which I tally up to the whole "retrieve a ring" but really "survive" aspects of the adventure and the possible law that makes it illegal. I couldn't imagine a adventure clinc running when people would put down fake quest titles to get people to come and die ya know? bad for business.

I think it was a great approach! And a good middle finger back at Mone too. Very solid post

One thing I'd like you to do is move the tossing the ring at Mone from the middle of your post to the end. Pierre would rather die than see the ring end up in Mone's hands, so if Will doesn't intercept he plans to use mage's hand to grab the ring. This will almost certainly lead to Mone becoming combative

A refresher on some details - although he did hire adventurers, Luke is right that he didn't properly rate the danger level and was deceptive around that. Pierre also mentioned that when he tried to leave Mone blocked the drain so he couldn't, which makes this much closer to murder really, and he also referred to the ring when talking about the mushroom king wearing it as "A WMD around your head". Whatever is going on with the ring it has a lot of power and Pierre doesn't want it falling into Mone's hands

Most notably I think that particular post was *just before* Luke rejoined the group so it isn't something I think the character is fully aware of

2 hours ago, LukeRipstine said:

Okay I edited a bit, not to much, is that fine? 

Works perfectly 

Mone will be saying something along the lines of that you can’t expect to collect the gold and just leave. The suit of armor will block your way

Details Tickle can incorporate in his reply 

22 minutes ago, ticklefarte said:

lemme know if I should edit. Kinda took liberties with Mone and the armor so I completely understand and will adjust as needed. 

Rock solid post

And on that pun - the gambit against the suit of armor will go off fine but meanwhile you do Mone casts Shape Stone and seals the way out shut. You can edit your post to incorporate this or leave as is and I'll take care of it in my post, just wanted to give you the opp. just in case

From previous adventuring experience you know Shape Stone to be a spell of intermediate complexity, so Mone has some magical chops

Pierre will be taking action in my upcoming post as well

12 minutes ago, ticklefarte said:

When you say the way out, do you mean the door outside? or does will never make it up the stairs

The second. He wants to keep thou dissidents in his basement, far away from prying eyes, for the exact reasons Will wanted to put them there 

Response that @ticklefarte can incorporate

Mone will cast Dispel Magic, to dispel Luke's mist - he doesn't know what it is but has seen enough mist based attacks in his life to not let it stick around. He'll then cast Sleet Storm, making it hail inside of the basement at an angle that affects mostly the two of you

Pierre casts a Cone of Fire, which is aiming mostly at Mone, but because of the expanding cone shape will accidentally include one of you if one of you stays still (haven't decided who that is so Tickle can determine)

2 minutes ago, ticklefarte said:

Gonna hope that Luke can handle fire, because Will got out of there. 

What kind of attack is that secondary follow up at the end there?