supernal

Adventuring 102 - intermediate questing

@ticklefarte

Just to confirm on the depth of the pool, wading is appropriate. It's at or a little below waist height so you can walk through it end to end but to pick up something at the bottom of it you'd submerge. Which is exactly what ticklefarte did I just wanted to make sure we're on the same page since I didn't add too much detail on depth before

So with that said a few notes, and it's information your character would learn as they go along so edits may be necessary

* The water is about room temperature. Wading through it disturbs the surface tension and agitates it lightly, which releases a pungent scent. It's acidic. You're in a pool of acid! Your skin isn't going to burn off but skin irritation is either setting in or not far off

Whether you proceed or not you can tell that the object at the bottom of a pool isn't a ring, but a pretty sizable diamond

2 minutes ago, ticklefarte said:

Haha, you know, as I was hitting submit I wondered how smart it was to just hop into "water" pool. Will is impulsive, though, so it fits his character haha. I'll edit the post. 

If he was an advanced adventurer he wouldn’t be taking the intermediate class. This is the story of how Will becomes the greatest adventurer ever 

@LukeRipstine

The next pool is transparent. It has no scent which is distinguishable from its surroundings and is cool / chill to the touch

If you do something to / with the pool to get more information you can put it here as an ooc note or in the post and I'll reply with more info here to be incorporated

I'm assuming the pool is close to or right next to the one Will went in. "   Luke brings a hand to the surface of the water, hesitantly dipping the tips of his left hand into the water. Retracting them a second later he waited momentarily for a sting, a buzz, or any other give away of the waters hazardous properties. Concentrating he brings the tip of his finger to his nose and then to his mouth, touching it lighting against his tongue..." also is there also an object in this pool? its not mentioned so I'mguessing not. I'll post and edit to fit ! 

Edited by LukeRipstine

2 minutes ago, LukeRipstine said:

I'm assuming the pool is close to or right next to the one Will went in. "   Luke brings a hand to the surface of the water, hesitantly dipping the tips of his left hand into the water. Retracting them a second later he waited momentarily for a sting, a buzz, or any other give away of the waters hazardous properties. Concentrating he brings the tip of his finger to his nose and then to his mouth, touching it lighting against his tongue..." also is there also an object in this pool? its not mentioned so I'mguessing not. I'll post and edit to fit ! 

This is an accurate assumption

This second pool smells and tastes like ordinary water. There is no object in the 2nd pool.

Since by the end of his post Luke is on a jog, I'll specify that the 3rd pool glimmers and glitters from the light that your still-glowing bodies produce - also note that you're now deep enough in the pipes that you are the only sources of light

Also note that there isn't a lot of space between pools. You can jog but it would be precarious. Imagine the pools contained by calcium-deposit walls, and also separated by them. You can walk/jog along the tops/edges of these calcium liners but they aren't wide enough for very quick movements

Hey guys I have some mildly bad news. My laptop, an old model, has been giving me some problems lately with its screen that I will have to get fixed. Until then I will be posting from my phone which will limit what I can and can't do but regardless I can post. Just have a bit of patience with me!