Spoiler

Research the Valley of Elemental Stone 

Characters - Vito
Summons - Aeris , Odd-Eye
Tags - @Infernal 
@Thotification @Chemister_Kaane @Vilhardt
Starting Location - Hydra's Haven
Destination - Valley of Elemental Stone

Priest-how-long-will-you-be-gone-for?” The kraul clutched his spear, confused at Vito’s mission purpose.

Two days is the expected, depending on how things go. I’ll be returning shortly, no need to worry. I’ll also be taking a few warriors for safety, as well as extra adventurers.” 

We-will-wait.” The kraul gave a small bow before returning to his duties. The kraul of the city had little understanding of other race customs, the concept of journeying for anything other than necessities was alien to them. 

Once alone, he proceeded to prepare for the day. Gathering his gear, logs and other random items before making his way to the airship. Leaving the cabin, he was greeted to clear skies. Perfect flying conditions. Taen had been treating him well so far, the raider was hoping that this trend would continue.

Despite not being a big fan of loud environments, the hustle and bustle of his newly built settlement never ceased to make him smile. Despite all the noise, he could still hear the wildlife talking away in the forest.  He walked across the various bridges and through the streets, making sure to speak to check on the locals as he passed by. Watching the workers haul the loads of ore out of the mine, customers trying to haggle with the shopkeepers, a few newbie adventures were attempting to enter high danger mines and being turned down. All was well for once.

All is in order, let's hope me leaving doesn’t cause chaos like last time.

I’m sure they’ve learning lesson.

As he approached the airship he was given a salute by the guards, which he graciously returned. Vito entered and made his way to the top deck, ensuring everything was up to scratch. Food was stocked, armaments were ready, the crew were all present and systems checked twice. Aeris sat on the top deck talking to the kobold, who he’d become very popular amongst. He relaxed on the top deck for a while, going other various paperwork. He had four outsiders joining him, a sign that his little town was growing in popularity. Looking out, he saw that the settlements clock had struck 8. Returning back down, he decided to wait outside the ships hatch in order to greet the adventures. 

Edited by Rabbit

X0aPHFA.png

Spoiler

This looked to be a fine day for adventuring!

With her sisters off on their own quests, Wendolyn felt it was necessary to do a little exploring herself. That's when she heard about the job blazing trails through unknown territory in Taen, perhaps one of the most mysterious places in Valucre entirely. It's for that reason she felt excited to be part of this expedition, heating her supplies along with her gear as she made her way through the settlement.

Such a town was wonderful for adventurers, and she used its stores to fill her pack with everything she would need. Torches, graphite, rope, grappling hook, rations and healing potions, it was wonderful and it gave her a surge of confidence. 

"Wendolyn Rune Hammer reporting for duty! I hear there's a mighty strange mountain in need of exploring." She said with a warm, hearty smile. "It's always good to have a dwarf on hand for missions like these. At least that's what I like to think, anyway." She laughed, her spirit charged up and ready for action. 

Places where people didn't look at Ouros funny were few and far between.  Especially when he happened to be hauling his full field alchemy testing set on his back in a pack almost as big as he was.  But it seemed that this Hydra's Haven place was quite welcoming of outcasts like him...and he got to meet so many interesting folk around here, too!  The kraul were especially fun to talk with when he had the chance, at least before he inevitably ended up killing the conversation by asking them if they had any spare bodies of their kind lying around that he could dissect post-mortem.  And the kobolds, they reminded the scientist of himself in miniature!  He honestly wanted to take one home to adopt it for companionship's sake.

But, interests both childish and scientific aside, Ouros was here for a reason beyond sightseeing or speaking to locals.  A call had rung out across Terrenus concerning a research expedition somewhere in the curious land of Taen, and Ouros just so happened to be in the area.  As such, today was strictly business for him; he was to meet up with a crew of explorers at an airship.  He had no idea what the Valley of Elemental Stone was, but it sounded quite interesting based on what little he had heard.  Hopefully an interesting creature or two would pop up for him to study...every new instance of fauna and flora uncovered led to new discoveries in his own field of alchemy.

Eventually, the half-dragon-looking adventurer would find his way to the airship he sought, setting down his gear with a sigh of relief.  Surveying those present, which currently included a man he guessed was some sort of authority figure on the airship, and a sturdy-looking dwarf, both of whom he'd offer a cheerful smile and a greeting between breaths.  "Top of the day!...huff...hmmf...should've paid extra for the holding enchantment on this thing...I'm Dr. Ouros Lugoff, pleased to make your acquaintances.  Should be a fun little exploratory venture, hmm?"

Edited by Chemister_Kaane

HOLLY THE FARMER  

This was one of those rare moments when she could leave her lands and play adventurer in some unknown region. In her defense, there's not much to do in her farm except for sipping coffee every hour or so. Her people are more than capable enough to work on their own without any supervision. With nothing left to do, she decided to lead all the farm work to her people and instead decided to wisely spend her free moments by going incognito and taking on weird requests from questionable clients.

Her eyes shifted towards the airship. It was familiar but she could not remember where she had seen a similar one. What she can be sure of is that she missed her own ship. It would feel strange riding another person's airship. It feels off but she's not one to complain.

It seemed a few more to other people had responded to the request. Thankfully, she did not know any of them which brought great relief to the woman. Still, she needed to make a good impression so she decided to speak her mind.

"Hello, I'm here for a job. My name's Holly, Holly the farmer."

hanako1.png

Edited by Thotification

Hydra's Haven, such a fitting name for the cataclysmic maw. He could recall memories of people fleeing from the beast years ago, as clear as day, but never would have guessed that it's grave would become home to so many people. Not that he was one to talk, a former hero turned nomad, a traveler amongst worlds, whom traveled here originally by accident. Some might say he was washed up, but he liked to think of it as taking a break. He'd returned to Taen to stay a while this time, maybe even finally build his treehouse and hang around. Who knew, surely not the fool who sprawled across the ground like a bum.

Smoke forced his left eye shut as Joshua exhaled, peering at his watch to check the time. It was almost time to get the expedition under way, and dreading another ride on one of those death balloons, Josh took another hefty drag off of his cigarette before climbing onto his feet. He could see the group gathering, preparing for departure, and quickly filed in behind some kind of lizard person. 

He didn't say a word, or even shoot a glance around. He was here to see the valley like everyone else. Truthfully, excitement stirred inside him, although you couldn't tell by looking at his stern face. His hair was butched, white, and wirey. His face was that of a soldier, and his wardrobe was... Well, rather pathetic, befitting a beggar at best. Still, he settled in and greeted everyone with a humble nod after getting cozy. A smile slid across his face as he lied to everyone, providing them with a false name.

"Ouros, Wendolyn, and ummm... Farmer? How's it hanging? Jonathan Grandin. Pleased to meet you."

He introduced himself cheerfully, saluting everyone lightheartedly with his pointer and middle fingers pressed together.

Vito stood at the entrance of the ship eagerly awaiting the outsiders, one of his favorite parts of his job was greeting the strange and random people that came to the small settlement. Encounters were a blessing, one he firmly appreciated. It wasn’t long till a young dwarven girl approached the ship, a large smile on her face. He looked around, examining the kobolds expressions. None looked hostile, thankfully she was tall enough not to be mistaken for a gnome. Something that has unfortunately happened in the past. Regardless, her bubbly nature pushed all of Vito’s worries away.

Been a long time since I’ve seen a dwarf, at least one not overly intoxicated.

On 8/12/2019 at 2:28 PM, Infernal said:

"Wendolyn Rune Hammer reporting for duty! I hear there's a mighty strange mountain in need of exploring." She said with a warm, hearty smile. "It's always good to have a dwarf on hand for missions like these. At least that's what I like to think, anyway." She laughed, her spirit charged up and ready for action. 

Wendolyn, lovely name. And Rune Hammer? Sounds like an honorable title, you’ll have to teach me its meaning at some point. We’re just waiting for three others, then I can begin the meeting.

It wasn’t long till he was approached by what he thought was a well decorated kobold, in the confusion he almost didn’t realize it was more human in personality. Well, its soul was human, but body was draconic. Tho greatly confused, he ignored his own thoughts. The draconic mans voice full of joy and huffing away, he greeted the two. 

On 8/13/2019 at 5:43 AM, Chemister_Kaane said:

"Top of the day!...huff...hmmf...should've paid extra for the holding enchantment on this thing...I'm Dr. Ouros Lugoff, pleased to make your acquaintances.  Should be a fun little exploratory venture, hmm?"

Welcome, Dr. Ouros Lugoff. Glad to see someone of scientific prowess, I can assure you there will be plenty of fun and discover ahead. I have my dragon upstairs on top deck, I’m sure you two will have fun conversations.

Hmm, I’ll need to keep track of this dragonic one after this expedition. He’ll be useful for future familiar projects.’ 

The third to join was a human, or at least looked human. The woman even from a distance had noticeable burn marks that seemed rather severe. But Vito had little care for such things, he fared no better underneath his armor which hid his war wounds.

On 8/15/2019 at 7:08 AM, Thotification said:

"Hello, I'm here for a job. My name's Holly, Holly the farmer."

Holly the Farmer, nice and simple. I like it.

“Welcome aboard Holly, one more person and we’ll begin this meeting. Based on looks, I’d say this man here is our last one.” The last one to arrive was a tall man with white hair, he quickly greeted everyone before giving his name. 

3 hours ago, Vilhardt said:

"Ouros, Wendolyn, and ummm... Farmer? How's it hanging? Jonathan Grandin. Pleased to meet you."

He lies.

I’m aware of that.

When you've been a raider your whole life, over a year of experience in the heavy drug trafficking business and your partner in crime is a master of forgery you learn to pick up on lies quickly. It’s something that has saved the raiders life on multiple occasions. But Vito didn’t care much, people had many reasons to hide their true name. Some good, others bad. With everyone ready, he began the meeting.

Okay, so you all know why you are here. We’re going to a valley east of here, which has been named the Valley of Elemental Stone. Reason for its name is fairly obvious, LOTS of elemental stone which has made the terrain very anomalous. We will be going to research the geography of this valley, this will be a roughly two day trip. From what we know the fauna is relatively tame and not too dangerous, but it’s recommended you still keep your distance if you can. Little is known about the flora, so be wary. It’s the terrain that’ll get you, one minute you’ll be walking on mud then it’ll water. Be cautious, always watch your footing. That’s it for safety.” Vito took a brief pause to catch his breath. 

First floor starting from the bottom of the ship is just storage, nothing special. Second floor is crafting facilities and canteen, you’re free to use them at any point. Third floor is the cabins, this is where you can store your gear and rest. Top deck is where I’ll be situated, controls and captains cabin is there. Feel free to relax up there and enjoy the view, Aeris always loves a good conversation.

Vito pulled out his logs and began flicking through the pages. “Wendolyn, your room number is 15. Dr Ouros, room 22. Holly, room 34. Jonathan, room 45. Any issues or questions then come to top deck and speak to me, there are also two kraul guards by every door and entrance so don’t be afraid to request their help. We’ll be leaving in 20 minutes, so get comfortable.

Spoiler

Vito teleported to the top deck and entered the control room, he gave everything another double check and prepared the engines. He looked out to the deck to see Aeris still talking to the kobold, rolling his eyes at the talkative summon. Starting the engines, there was a lovely roar as the ship vibrated. With everyone on board and final preparation complete, he shut all external doors and hatches and began to gain altitude. The ship raised higher and higher, the city and trees merging into one blur, once high enough he began acceleration. The group was now officially on the move. Vito pulled out the speaker and began announcements. 

Good morning to all crew on board, this is your captain.  We’ll be arriving at our destination in roughly one hour, the expected expedition time is two days and today's dinner choice is fire opal stew or tusken salamander kebab. Dessert will be a mixed fruit bowl, all source from the local forest, or moss goat cheese cake. Thank you all and work safe.”

Leaving his co-pilot in charge for a while, Vito went out to the top deck and observed the Taen scenery as it flew by.

Edited by Rabbit

Okay, so you all know why you are here. We’re going to a valley east of here, which has been named the Valley of Elemental Stone. Reason for its name is fairly obvious, LOTS of elemental stone which has made the terrain very anomalous. We will be going to research the geography of this valley, this will be a roughly two day trip. From what we know the fauna is relatively tame and not too dangerous, but it’s recommended you still keep your distance if you can. Little is known about the flora, so be wary. It’s the terrain that’ll get you, one minute you’ll be walking on mud then it’ll water. Be cautious, always watch your footing. That’s it for safety. 

Holly the farmer frowned at that. Is this valley a new feature within the lands of Taen? She cannot remember about this location existing in her past visits. Well, she's not that surprised though. She had gotten used to Veluriyam having sudden changes over the course of a single night. Some days, she would just wake up and realize there's a new creature discovered, or a new site. At this point, she just gave up understanding such strange phenomenon and instead accepted it for what it is.

Bizarre.

First floor starting from the bottom of the ship is just storage, nothing special. Second floor is crafting facilities and canteen, you’re free to use them at any point. Third floor is the cabins, this is where you can store your gear and rest. Top deck is where I’ll be situated, controls and captains cabin is there. Feel free to relax up there and enjoy the view, Aeris always loves a good conversation. Wendolyn, your room number is 15. Dr Ouros, room 22. Holly, room 34. Jonathan, room 45. Any issues or questions then come to top deck and speak to me, there are also two kraul guards by every door and entrance so don’t be afraid to request their help. We’ll be leaving in 20 minutes, so get comfortable.

Now Holly knows which places she should avoid. She's not much of a talker and even worse at socializing. While there's not much happening, the best she can do is head for her room and wait. With that, she bid everyone leave as she headed for her own quarters, never to be seen again till the next day.

'Not half bad I guess. It'll be like a vacation.'

The merc shrugged thoughtfully. He nodded at his crew mates before resting into a cozy knot in a corner, leaning against his knapsack and closing his eyes. From the sounds of things, Mr. Grandin was in for a treat. With every passing year, more and more changed in Taen. It was only a matter of time before a place of power was unearthed.

This opportunity, however, presented an interest that any mage could appreciate. He was no stranger to elemental stones, at least in some fashion. Anyone who looked at his fingers could see that he had experience with runic enchanting. This was apparent more so by his bad habits as he rubbed his ring adorned fingers together, caught in thought. He held two sets, five rings on each hand, one per finger, which scraped loudly as they brushed together.

The set's matched, each symbol identical to the one on the corresponding finger. They displayed mastery over five powerful magics. Those of the elements on his pointers, those of the physical realm around the mids, a set fit for the espers around his ring fingers, and two twisted ouroboros wrapped around his smallest two. The final sets were pale, mundane, of no luster, and archaic, banded firmly around the center of each thumb.

He stared at them for hours, paying little mind to anyone else; occasionally closing his eyes and repositioning. It hadn't taken long before he was snoring and cuddling up with his pack on the deck. The poor fellow really was shameless, eventually kicking off his boots and taking his coat off. He even got up in the middle of the night for a snack before sprawling back out on the ground and staring towards the horizon, waiting for dawn.

Vito stood there, admiring the Moss Forest from above. The view quickly faded into fog as they charged ever closer to their destination, they approached the mountains of Yh'mi approached. The dull grey rock face sending shivers down his spine, bringing back bad memories of prior hunts. Shrugging it off, he returned to the control room. The door squeaked open, his co-pilot giving him giving a nod as Vito approached. Looking out to top deck, his mount was still chatting away to the eager kobold. Grabbing a microphone, he started announcements. 

"To all passengers, we're roughly twenty minutes from landing. Please prepare for heavy turbulence, please strap yourself into your cabin room seat provided. Touch down maybe rough, so I highly recommend prior instructions. That is all."

Putting the microphone down, Vito took over the controls and began prepping for the heavy winds, as well as maneuvering. He slowed down, attempting to steady the ship against the heavy winds. The ship shook violent for a brief moments, but kept course steadily. He scanned the fog for the valley opening, the mountain surface becoming one big blur in the heavy winds. After a couple of minutes he saw the break, the green plant life acting as a beacon of light. Slowing down further, the ship entered the valley. The violent shaking stopped, replaced with the gentle hum of the engine.

The Valley of Elemental Stone

Spoiler

Valley Concept Image - Link

The airship cruised forward, lowering altitude and gently landing up a stone surface. The heavy flow of a waterfall can be heard of in the distance, flying creatures began circling the ship out of curiosity. Vito put all systems on stand by, putting on the co-pilot on watch. He looked out to the valley, letting his excitement get the best of him. He watched a floating island circled a floating pillar of stone, attached by vines acted as a tether. With one quick flick of a switch he opened the external hatch, allowing people to leave freely. He grabbed his microphone. 

"To all passengers, we have arrived at our destination. People are free to come and go as they please, remember to be back by nightfall. Stay safe, but have fun. Good luck."

Leaving the control room, he was greeted to fresh air and an excited dragon who seemed eager to fly.

'Time to have some fun.'

Edited by Rabbit

The turbulence stirred the lad, pulling at his nerve from some unnamed incidents of his past. He sat upright quickly, snapping out of his haze and at full attention; checking to make sure everything was alright. As the ship became blanketed in a thick mist, Grandin rose onto his feet, still on edge as they headed towards the mountains and into a hidden pass amidst the range. After passing through, all sense of uneasiness ceased, replaced with those of fascination as he beheld the valley. He slipped his boots on and grabbed his coat, making a full sprint towards the front of the airship in amazement. His reaction was cliche, but fitting.

"Wooaah..."

Joshua stared in amusement as they approached the landing zone. He could feel the energy here, as if the genius loci itself had reached out and drawn him in. Perhaps, in honesty then, it wasn't actually his will at all to come here, but rather that of the genius loci itself helping the hero of Lunaris find a place to find peace within it's vast reach. By either circumstance, the resemblence was uncanny to the white haired one.

The valley resembled his homeland of Grandis, the dying world he had left behind during the worldrift event. Floating landmarks circulated in harmony, and the flocks above looked onward from above in excitement. It was in this moment, caught in his own disbelief, that the sorrows of an outsider once again caught up to him. He pointed his hand toward the scenery and spoke heartfelt words, which fell on no ears at all, bringing a blank expression onto his face.

"Liz look, it's just like Gra.."

The man grew still, realizing the harsh truth that Liz wasn't there. She was gone. His sister had been taken by the realms, never to return again. It had been so long since he had seen her, heard her, and he had put off all thought of her until now. A cold frown formed across his jawline, without feeling or reason. His demeanor changed in an instant as he prepared to get off of the ship, looking once above towards Vito and then towards the crew before setting off on his own. He needed to find four of the farthest points of the valley and set up scrying orbs, and then attune with them from the highest point. With a hefty sigh, he prepared to set out, holding back his sadness for now.

Vito walked over to his mount, who'd thankfully stopped talking for once and stood ready for lift off. Vito double checked his pack, ensuring he had all the equipment and supplies needed. Once he was happy, he took mount and moved to the edge of his ship. His copper dragon spread its wings, stretching after his long journey. With one enormous flap of its wings they took to the skies, the gust of wind sent vibrations through the ship.  Once in the skies he began twisting and turning through the islands, soaring through the mist. The ship quickly became distant, he began gaining more and more altitude. He admired the view from so high up, the terrain always changed with each return.

'Hmm, like Renovatio back in its glory days. Primal and ever adapting.'

'Who knows, maybe one day we'll return the gods back to their lands.'

'No, I'd like to build a new one.'

'Possible, but a future job.'

Vito eventually found a large floating island and landed with a gentle thud, giving a good amount of space to work with. It was relatively high, sitting halfway up in relation to other islands. Plant life was mostly shrubbery, with a few flowers spread around. It didn't have its own water source, but moisture seem to be obtained from other islands. Higher island had waterfalls, the lights sprays of water seemed to occasionally rain over the it. Vines were abundant around the edges, dangling all the way down to the boggy floor. It was boring, but also safe. A small hoping creature darted around, giving the raider a quick glance before dashing back. Its fast, only the size of his thumb and very curious. 

'Cute.'

'Agreed, I'll begin research with this little fella.'

Spoiler

Image - Link
Researcher name: Eli Amsen
Name: Lechwe
Classification:  Animalia, amphibia
Description: The lechwe is a bipedal amphibian, having two tails and eyes making up the majority of its head. Its tails are far longer than the rest of its body, nearing three times the size. It has a large crest, featuring four spikes that get shorter the further back it gets. The lechwe has extremely long long legs, with average arms. Its skin is green, starting of light around the underbelly, getting darker as it reaches around the back. Red marking are prominent around the crest and upper eyelids, with occasional marking along the back and tails.

The lechwe has no mouth, appearing to dissolve food with its saliva before consuming the juices. It consumes berries and bark, but further research is needed to determine its diet. It extremely curious, but timid. Observing from distance and darting arounding when looked at, no hostility has been witnessed. The lechwe is quick, its back legs propel the creature and high speeds. 

Notes - Further research required.

Vito put down his book, continuing to observe his newly found creature from a distance. It'd already been an hours, but he didn't know that. He simply enjoyed listening to the waterfalls and researching. With a deep sigh, he left the Lechwe do its business. It was clear that Aeris was bored, his finger tapping had left large holes in the ground. Taking mount, they moved to their next spot. 

Edited by Rabbit

As Vito soar through the valley, he noticed an odd amount of mist. Bringing Aeris in for a landing, he began inspecting the area. The overall humidity and general climate did not seem to make sense, but then nothing within the strange valley did. The mist came in from the north, brought in by the breeze. Bringing his mount into a low glide, the raider began scanning the ground for signs of a source. After gliding for a few minutes, the sound of moving water reached his ears. Through the mist the stream could be seen, the shallow water moving along black stones.

'A hot spring?'

'Seems so, pretty nice.'

Vito ran his hands through the warm water, now realizing the 'mist' was steam. There was an abundance of water elemental stones, accompanied by fire elemental stones. The two seemed to mix to form warmer water, acting as a hot spring. The stream seemed to flow in a looping river, the force pushing the current unknown. Thankfully, unlike some hot springs, this one did not carry the smell of sulfur. Drying his hands on his cloak, he brought out his notebook and began exploring the rather lovely sight.

Spoiler

Image - Link
Researcher name: Eli Amsen
Name: Aristether
Classification:  Elemental Spring
Description: The result of high concentration of elemental water stones in the presence of adequate elemental fire stones, the result is a body of water with similar qualities to a hot spring. The elemental water stones creates the body of water, whilst the elemental fire stones warm the water to temperatures dependent upon the stone ratio. The mixture appears to be mostly passive, with the combination forming a natural elemental equilibrium through passive resistance.

Notes - Further research is needed to fully access the dangers, similar issues such as internal pressure resulting in geysers should be taken into account.

Aeris seemed to be enjoying the warm water, soaking his tail in the stream and letting out a small hum. It wasn't uncommon for the dragon to sing, but it was rare outside of the settlement. Vito joined in, letting his hand sway through the water as he took in the scenery. He could even feel Leo's sprite relaxing. A rare tranquil moment, that he took full advantage of. The day was halfway done, his journey and research already making good progress. 

With the day coming to a close, Vito returned back to his ship. Taking flight, Vito had finally been given an opportunity to seen the valley during the dawn. The the sun settled the dark slowly coated the land, the light glow of the elemental stones became noticeable. Amidst the waterfalls sat many water stones, the light blue glow just barely lighting up the falling water. Many air stones protruded from underneath the the floating islands, acting as beacons lighting up his flight path. Elemental stones of high variety sat on the ground below, lighting up certain patches.

'Reminds me of the bio-luminescent plants seen in the moss forest.'

'Seems to be a common theme.'

Wasn't long till the raider had made his way back to the ship, landing Aeris on the top deck with a great thud. In comparison to the day, the night was boring. A simple meal with his crew, who seemed to have greatly enjoyed all the free time this journey brought. Returning to his study, Vito began collecting and organizing the various notes and research papers into one collective pile. This, in turn, brought day one to an end. 

With mornings break Vito awoke to the sound of the waterfalls, wildlife, and the various crew chattering amongst themselves. The start of the day was typical for the raider, breakfast with the crew whilst trying to sort out any and all problems aboard the ship. Once all was complete, Vito began his prep by collecting all his gear and grabbing his mount. As he walked out the ship, a thought occurred to him. Rather than fly and examine the islands, he'd stick to the ground. With a hearty stride, he began walking through the open fields. Aeris followed closely, feeling rather confused.

'Not taking to the skies?'

'No, I think I'll observe what's on the ground.'

Making his way through the greenery, it wasn't long till the raider began to hear a distinct and repetitive noise. Snorting and squealing, the sounds got louder and louder as he pushed through the grass. Coming across a open patch of mud, he saw a family of boar like creatures rolling around in the filth. Smaller ran amuck, their parents struggling to keep up.

Spoiler

Image - Link
Researcher name: Eli Amsen
Name: Greater Gilded Boar
Classification:  Animalia, mammalia
Description: The greater gilded Boar, as the name implies, has extremely similar features to the boar. Believed to be a distant relative, the creature is far larger, muscular, and has enormous tusks protruding from the sides of its mouth. These tusks, of course, as used for fighting and attracting mates. Its fur coat comes in a variety of colors, ranging from a light orange to a dark green. Despite its large predator like teeth, it has shown to be strictly herbivorous. Showing to eat any and all plant matter, its shown a fondness for moss and fungi.  

Herds move in groups of roughly 15 to 20, with only on male present. Unlike most herbivorous creatures, both males and females appear to show extreme hostility to anything deemed a threat. When a threat appears the herd forms a wall, charging and squealing which easily confusing predators. Herd prefer muddy areas, spending the majority of their time sun bathing and submerged in mud. No preference to climate specific areas has been noted, as of yet.

Notes - Extremely aggressive, caution when approaching herds.

While Vito would be conducting his research, he would see a dragon in the air watching him from a distance. The dragon was a black night fury. The dragon was carefully studying him and what he was doing but as soon it realized that it had been spotted, it began to fly away. The dragon landed on one of the floating islands just beside the fast asleep, Dauner. It then got engulfed in a curtain of flames which later gave way revealing the dragon's human form.

"D, D, wake up. There's someone here" the boy said shaking Dauner hastily.

"Just a little longer. Just give me 3 hours and i'll be up" Dauner said sleepily with his eyes still closed.

"Hurry, they're stealing our meat" the boy said taking a few steps away from Dauner

Dauner skipped onto his feet pulling his swords out and slashing the air around him randomly, cutting down 2 trees, vines and leaves in the process. "Where are they? No one touches my meat" he said before the expression on his face changed as he turned to face the boy who was at a safe distance from him. Dauner now wore a confused look on his face. "Wait a second. We don't have any meat"

"I saw a guy down on the ground. He had a dragon with him and he was searching for something. I think he might be a bounty hunter who's come after us" the boy said worryingly.

Dauner sat down with his legs crossed into a meditation position and yawned. "Quit worrying Gozen. The only bounty hunters after us are the ones from Dreia and none of them could have followed us here. Maybe it's just your imagination playing tricks on you"

"But D..."

"I'm telling you, there's no bounty hunter so relax. Let's go see who this person you saw is" Dauner said standing up. He let Gozen lead the way and he followed behind to go check who the person was.