ZI8Yxb1.jpg

Play music for full affect

"I've always tried to control things / but in the end that's what controls me."

-NF

Spoiler

Renovatio Daily Post

Written by Dr. Septimus Ne'loz, PhDs of Physics and Philosophy

What happens when a god dies? 

Does the Universe just carry on, none the wiser do the disruption of balance? 

Let me ask you another question if those are too theoretical. Has sentient life ever existed prior to a god? A faith or belief in some higher being? 

No, there is always something. So what then happens if you can prove the existence of that superior being and then kill it. Remove its existence from, well, existence. Not seal or trap. Utterly and completely annihilate it. 

I'll tell you what happens. 

The Universe corrects itself. Everything has a balance. Entities that oppose and, yet, compliment. Good and evil. Courage and fear. Men and women. Hot and cold. High and low. Heaven and Hell. 

You cannot have one without the other. 

Like a Hydra, if you kill one head, more grow back in its place. Same goes for the Universe's attitude of uniformity. To the extent that the Avylon Provincial University has been able to prove, at least. Because of this, my colleagues and I, though we can only guess, suspect disastrous consequences to befall Renovatio in the coming days.

Though my support and prayers go with the Grand Kommadant, I can only hope that she knows what she's doing. 

Renovatio Daily Post

Written by Dr. Septimus Ne'loz, PhDs of Physics and Philosophy

A new land has fallen from the sky like the tears of a dying god. We don't know exactly why it has come, though we suspect it to be the result of a god perishing. Again, which god is unknown; we can only guess. However the best mages and scholars in Renovatio have all examined the island at a distant to try to determine something about it. Anything. But there is only a powerful surge of divine and demonic energy radiating from it. Some claim to have sensed traces of human energy, but the flicker was so faint it could have just been an error in the machines or the mage's focus. 

We risk not venturing upon the land for fear of awakening that which should remain dormant. 

The flailing government in Nu Martyr, however, in what I can only guess is an attempt to recover their lost honor from the death of their PRIME, is sending a party up there to gather information. We pray for their safe return and that it is nothing but a remnant of ancient times. 

OOC Time!

I imagine that right now, the people reading this are in two groups:

(1) Alright, this sounds pretty interesting.

(2) Wtf is even going on

Okay lol so in order to understand what I'm talking about, you have to at least skim this Lore Article: Garden of Nede. Nede is a floating landmass just south of Nehalen (that's in Renovatio, I have a map and everything in the lore article) which has just dropped as of yesterday both IC and OOC. What that means is that it's virgin land for anyone and everyone who wants to try their hand in making their mark in Renovatio. 

For those of you who are either new to Valucre and are thus unsure about what's going on or just don't really keep up with things in Renovatio, the board leader @Aleksei has ordered a total and unequivocal killing of all Renovatio's god and goddesses. While there may or may not be further consequences from these deaths, the first to really show itself is Nede.

If you're wondering what "Nu Martyr" is cause I mentioned it in the above article, it's a province in Nehalen that was attacked by some bitch necromancer that hasn't been around for a while. 

I'm here to tell you about the opportunities open for you!

-:- -:- -:-

How to Start in Nede

In Nede, there are 4 Demon Lord Towers and 1 Demon King Tower. For now, let's forget about the Demon King Tower because that'll come back around once the Demon Lord Towers are situated. 

For the Demon Lord Towers, you have 2 options if you'd like to take one (btw having one gives you absolute control over that territory! Even overcomes Artifacts and Relics. Again, read the lore article, super important!). Keep in mind that "taking over" a Demon Lord Tower can be done to save those within the jurisdiction (maybe there are mortals there!) and can be done with any character.

You can:

A) Be a Demon Lord already in place meaning that you've ruled for hundreds of thousands of years after the fall of the previous era gods died. If you chose this option, you're likely to also have an entourage if not a city of lower Demons that follow your command. What they look like and act, is up to you. Demon-kind can vary. 

B) Use an already existing Valucre character to overthrow the current Demon Lord and take control of the tower. For good or for bad. With technology or without. Up to you. 

C) Be a rebel force within a territory. Similar to option A, in that you were already in Nede, but just not ruling. 

Please note that Demon Towers cannot be destroyed, only controlled. No player can be in charge of more than 1 tower for the moment. This means that parties need to focus on one section. I made it only 4 Towers so that it creates a competitive environment. 1 Player controlling all 4 is hella lame.

There's a method to challenging a Player's hold on a Demon Lord Tower, but those are rules for after we get things kick started. If more than one player want the same Demon Lord Tower, we'll use one of the RNG methods + a Dungeon crawl to determine who wins it! Note that the rules will observe artifacts, relics, and canon weapons to give advantages for parties that have obtained those. If no one challenges your claim in the first few days of this going up, you'll be able to establish you claim with a lore article of your Demon City or whatever you plan for it to be like.

Keep in mind that Nede is technology free from the start. Until people bring in technology, it doesn't have any beyond Medieval times. Magic is over abundant, at least twice that of the rest of Valucre (until you leave the island). This makes the max capacity of magic at, like, skyscraper destroying level. It's gonna be nuts. 

Then we have the Demon Seconds, which are essentially branch families or Generals within the main "family" that work under the Demon Lords after swearing fealty to the Tower and it's Lord. Once the Lord is dead, the fealty is voided. The type of fealty, whether magic or otherwise, depends on the Demon Lord. 

Where do I sign up to be a Demon Lord and have my own Demon City?

Demon Lord Candidates

Demon Second Candidates:

FmM6ECK.jpg

Note: I absolutely encourage new players to give this a shot. While I like to joke around sometimes that the reason I was able to make Taen and Ursa Madeum so popular back when I was in charge of them was because I have the Midas Touch (lmfao) but it's really because of new and old players showing interest and jumping in the story to make their own mark in the territories  If you have faith in me and my story telling, I'll make sure that you are taken on one hell of a ride and help you enjoy Valucre to the fullest! I can only tell my best stories when there are people to enjoy it with me. So let's fuck some shit up!

On that note, I'm also interested in players interested in joining the Nede Development Team. You'd essentially be helping me solidify and draft lore, plan stories/ events, create threads in the area, etc. So if you're interested, lemme know! Preferably players that don't have strong ties to other areas of Valucre. Give me, I mean Nede, alllllllll your attention <333

Welcome, to the bloodiest place in Valucre. 

May the odds be ever in your favor. 

The Garden of Nede

War | Politics | Strategy | Massacre | Adventure | Horror

*Current Opportunities open through August 16th

Edited by Ataraxy

11 minutes ago, Vilhardt said:

Probably 4 because it seems the most outstretched. I'm willing to shift to any zone if needed though.

Lol i mean IC all the lands are about the same size, except for the fifth which is smaller. 

Is there a character you have in mind? If you have a character sheet available I can link it above as well ?

Poor choice of wording on my end, I meant that it seemed more elongated, less rounded, but then I realized that my phone probably condensed the image. I'll be getting a new sheet together for this one, I'll link it in a few hours.

5 hours ago, bfc said:

Put me down as a Demon Lord candidate for Section Four, please. Character name is En.

Aight, added! You got a character sheet for me?

7 hours ago, ticklefarte said:

I'd like Tarsus Hain to be a Demon Second. He's in my signature ?

Dope dope dope, you got a section in mind? Any particular Demon Lord Candidate you're interested in connecting to?

9 hours ago, Infernal said:

I'll take 2 with my mad lad

Just to really piss off the denizens inside.

Added ur boi

Hell to the yes, I love this premise.

I'd like to sign up for Demon Second as Kalleth Tzreera.  What better person to enter game of thrones politics than a young, boisterous, relatively underpowered, fame-hungry and easily-manipulated outsider?  Though young and not from the garden, he's kind of interested in fast-tracks to control and fame, and has spent a lot of his life looking for opportunities to rise to power in the most unlikely of places.

If any of the demon lord candidates are interested in having an outcast, charismatic, and (most likely) loyal lieutenant, Kalleth's for you.  Though in character he's probably quite interested in taking one of the towers and using it to advance his personal goal of fostering a cult of personality around him, OOC I'm definitely a team player.  If no one's interested in having this goof on board, I can bow out or make a new character no problem.  Personally it doesn't matter to me which lord i'm put with, but as incompatible as they are, Kalleth would probably be a fun foil character for Ankou.  

Also if I can help at all with the development of Nede, I'd be happy to help.

Edited by Chemister_Kaane

7 hours ago, Chemister_Kaane said:

Hell to the yes, I love this premise.

I'd like to sign up for Demon Second as Kalleth Tzreera.  What better person to enter game of thrones politics than a young, boisterous, relatively underpowered, fame-hungry and easily-manipulated outsider?  Though young and not from the garden, he's kind of interested in fast-tracks to control and fame, and has spent a lot of his life looking for opportunities to rise to power in the most unlikely of places.

If any of the demon lord candidates are interested in having an outcast, charismatic, and (most likely) loyal lieutenant, Kalleth's for you.  Though in character he's probably quite interested in taking one of the towers and using it to advance his personal goal of fostering a cult of personality around him, OOC I'm definitely a team player.  If no one's interested in having this goof on board, I can bow out or make a new character no problem.  Personally it doesn't matter to me which lord i'm put with, but as incompatible as they are, Kalleth would probably be a fun foil character for Ankou.  

Also if I can help at all with the development of Nede, I'd be happy to help.

That sounds like an interesting idea!

You have no idea how long I've waited since the original interest check popped up!

I just read up on the lore, I call dibs on section 3!

Since I'll be playing the VCF, I'll be launching Omega-01, codenamed "Pandora's box"

Since Section-3 is a snow-filled wasteland, the automatic leader for this mission would be David Connor, the Flame Alchemist.

(Yeah that's right I'm ripping off two franchises now and there's nothing no one can do about it)

20 men, mostly magic-users will be sent in.

Not all will leave ?

If you'd like @Ataraxy my men can also act as a secondary/tertiary antagonist in the story, after all VCF is manipulative in nature and wants control of everything. You can bet your ass once they take control of section 3's tower, they'll head straight for the king tower and they're not gonna let anyone else even come near to it. Lots of blood, boiling blood will ensue ? What do you think?