Ataraxy

Heaven, Hell, and Nede

42 minutes ago, Sanonymous said:

You have no idea how long I've waited since the original interest check popped up!

I just read up on the lore, I call dibs on section 3!

Since I'll be playing the VCF, I'll be launching Omega-01, codenamed "Pandora's box"

Since Section-3 is a snow-filled wasteland, the automatic leader for this mission would be David Connor, the Flame Alchemist.

(Yeah that's right I'm ripping off two franchises now and there's nothing no one can do about it)

20 men, mostly magic-users will be sent in.

Not all will leave ?

If you'd like @Ataraxy my men can also act as a secondary/tertiary antagonist in the story, after all VCF is manipulative in nature and wants control of everything. You can bet your ass once they take control of section 3's tower, they'll head straight for the king tower and they're not gonna let anyone else even come near to it. Lots of blood, boiling blood will ensue ? What do you think?

Sounds good! I hope you're up for the challenge though, since your contesting against my character for Section 3's tower >:) 

Get yourself ready for one hell of a blood bath ? Ya'll might need more than 20 men tho. We can put together an OOC when the Intro Event starts ?

21 minutes ago, Ataraxy said:

Sounds good! I hope you're up for the challenge though, since your contesting against my character for Section 3's tower >:) 

Get yourself ready for one hell of a blood bath ? Ya'll might need more than 20 men tho. We can put together an OOC when the Intro Event starts ?

I got... 300 men ready in this task force alone ? How much you reckon I should bring? I mean Nede can't be the only theistic related incident going on in Valucre, can't hope to bring all 300 into this mission alone ? 

24 minutes ago, Sanonymous said:

I got... 300 men ready in this task force alone ? How much you reckon I should bring? I mean Nede can't be the only theistic related incident going on in Valucre, can't hope to bring all 300 into this mission alone ? 

You've got 300 NPC's. Lilith has more than that. Many more ?

34 minutes ago, Sanonymous said:

Haha we'll work something out so the numbers aren't too one sided. Not overly worried about that messing with the competitive spirit of the game lol

Once the entry closes for these initial opportunities, I'll post the PvP rules and we can set up a thread where we both walk out with something gucci

1 hour ago, danzilla3 said:

You've got 300 NPC's. Lilith has more than that. Many more ?

57 minutes ago, Ataraxy said:

Haha we'll work something out so the numbers aren't too one sided. Not overly worried about that messing with the competitive spirit of the game lol

Once the entry closes for these initial opportunities, I'll post the PvP rules and we can set up a thread where we both walk out with something gucci

S H I T

Well...

Quality>quantity? ?

Pleassayyes

Do those with the mark of power actually use all the potential power unlocked by it? That's what's always confounded me about the cult I think, since that sort of determines just how powerful the normal cult member would be.

Also are we allowed to just get started with this or do we wait for you to make the prompt, Ataraxy?

1 hour ago, Infernal said:

Do those with the mark of power actually use all the potential power unlocked by it? That's what's always confounded me about the cult I think, since that sort of determines just how powerful the normal cult member would be.

Also are we allowed to just get started with this or do we wait for you to make the prompt, Ataraxy?

Not necessarily. The Cult's mark acts as a canon weapon, meaning that it gives the character an edge. However, like canon items, the more you use it, the more powerful it can get. 

Think about it like this: there's a locked door in front of you. By taking Lilith's mark, you are essentially getting that key. You open the door and find, idk, an ancient weapon. The weapon makes you more powerful, but you don't necessarily know how to use it. If that makes sense. Just because you can throw a perfect punch or kick doesn't mean you can use it effectively or in concert with other moves. 

You can start if you'd like! There's still one day left for someone to jump in, but you're free to kick start the thread. The requirement to become the ruler of the section or the second, is 1 page to establish your existence and at least 1 page of "taking over" however you wish to do that. Section 3 will be a bit different since 2 of us are vying for the Tower. I'll post about that tomorrow ?

Also feel free to use this as an OOC or create your own. 

Important Note: Because Nede does not have a board (yet) I'll be posting all the lore stuff in the Renovatio Roleplay Information board. That includes canonized threads, artifacts (eventually), bestiary, etc will all be there. I figure since no one is really using it, it's just a free area for me to keep track of my stuff separate from everything else lol (lemme know if you can't find that board for whatever reason and I'll link).

8 hours ago, Ataraxy said:

Not necessarily. The Cult's mark acts as a canon weapon, meaning that it gives the character an edge. However, like canon items, the more you use it, the more powerful it can get. 

Think about it like this: there's a locked door in front of you. By taking Lilith's mark, you are essentially getting that key. You open the door and find, idk, an ancient weapon. The weapon makes you more powerful, but you don't necessarily know how to use it. If that makes sense. Just because you can throw a perfect punch or kick doesn't mean you can use it effectively or in concert with other moves. 

You can start if you'd like! There's still one day left for someone to jump in, but you're free to kick start the thread. The requirement to become the ruler of the section or the second, is 1 page to establish your existence and at least 1 page of "taking over" however you wish to do that. Section 3 will be a bit different since 2 of us are vying for the Tower. I'll post about that tomorrow ?

Also feel free to use this as an OOC or create your own. 

Important Note: Because Nede does not have a board (yet) I'll be posting all the lore stuff in the Renovatio Roleplay Information board. That includes canonized threads, artifacts (eventually), bestiary, etc will all be there. I figure since no one is really using it, it's just a free area for me to keep track of my stuff separate from everything else lol (lemme know if you can't find that board for whatever reason and I'll link).

Can't wait! ?

50 men is the final decided quantity, with reinforcements if need be.

Let's see how long they last >:) '

Also since you mentioned this'll be in Renovatio, is there an area of influence where technology will be near useless? Since Renovatio is a place where technology flourishes, there is a.... "Flying kingdom " the VCF can employ.

Image result for flying kingdom sci fiSite-03, VCF's branch within Renovatio, making full use of the technology where other continents won't allow. The cloaked behemoth.

(It's usually cloaked so no citizens will find out the existence of the VCF.)

My question is, since of course I can't bring it into play (Over 30000 men and women ready to battle, a floating battleship that can hurl down plasma beams and land crackers into Nede, won't be much of a fight), what are my limitations here?

I imagine the entirety of the air force is a no go. Nede is also uncharted territory so they won't risk putting Site-03 anywhere NEAR the island. 

Since nearly all personnel there are high-tech, along with it's weaponry, Omega-01 which is from Genessaris will take over but my question is;

How much of a play can the Renovatian branch of the VCF play into effect? Maybe a perimeter around the island to prevent trespassers? I could make the mission of the 50 strong task force to take control of the uninhabited tower and place a cloaking device to shield the entire island from would be onlookers, to maintain public order.

What do you think @Ataraxy? Your thoughts? ? 

Edited by Sanonymous

Awesome sauce! So, today is the day to start our adventure into the newly discovered Nede! 

Section 1 and Section 2 (claimed by @danzilla3 and @Infernal) were not challenged, so you guys just need a minimum two page thread each depicting your character/ group arriving into your section and taking it over. Keep in mind that this should be very hard, and very dangerous regardless of character strength. I won't canonize roflstomping. You're taking out a Demon Lord that has ruled for millions of years and is in charge of the Tower which grants crazy abilities in Nede. Remember that if u have a character die in a Nede Dungeon they are just thrown off the island and banished. If you die outside a dungeon, u actually die.

Section 3 and 4 both have 2 people going for it. We'll be following a varient of one of @supernal's rnf systems. I'll post it in an hour or so. 

2 minutes ago, Ataraxy said:

Awesome sauce! So, today is the day to start our adventure into the newly discovered Nede! 

Section 1 and Section 2 (claimed by @danzilla3 and @Infernal) were not challenged, so you guys just need a minimum two page thread each depicting your character/ group arriving into your section and taking it over. Keep in mind that this should be very hard, and very dangerous regardless of character strength. I won't canonize roflstomping. You're taking out a Demon Lord that has ruled for millions of years and is in charge of the Tower which grants crazy abilities in Nede. Remember that if u have a character die in a Nede Dungeon they are just thrown off the island and banished. If you die outside a dungeon, u actually die.

Section 3 and 4 both have 2 people going for it. We'll be following a varient of one of @supernal's rnf systems. I'll post it in an hour or so. 

RNF systems? I beg your pardon?

34 minutes ago, Sanonymous said:

RNF systems? I beg your pardon?

Rng lol 

22 hours ago, Sanonymous said:

Can't wait! ?

50 men is the final decided quantity, with reinforcements if need be.

Let's see how long they last >:) '

Also since you mentioned this'll be in Renovatio, is there an area of influence where technology will be near useless? Since Renovatio is a place where technology flourishes, there is a.... "Flying kingdom " the VCF can employ.

Image result for flying kingdom sci fiSite-03, VCF's branch within Renovatio, making full use of the technology where other continents won't allow. The cloaked behemoth.

(It's usually cloaked so no citizens will find out the existence of the VCF.)

My question is, since of course I can't bring it into play (Over 30000 men and women ready to battle, a floating battleship that can hurl down plasma beams and land crackers into Nede, won't be much of a fight), what are my limitations here?

I imagine the entirety of the air force is a no go. Nede is also uncharted territory so they won't risk putting Site-03 anywhere NEAR the island. 

Since nearly all personnel there are high-tech, along with it's weaponry, Omega-01 which is from Genessaris will take over but my question is;

How much of a play can the Renovatian branch of the VCF play into effect? Maybe a perimeter around the island to prevent trespassers? I could make the mission of the 50 strong task force to take control of the uninhabited tower and place a cloaking device to shield the entire island from would be onlookers, to maintain public order.

What do you think @Ataraxy? Your thoughts? ? 

Nope, technology is gucci wherever you go.

And you could bring the whole thing there, but these demon Lord's have been around forever, so it's reasonable to believe they'd have a necessary defense up in case other demon Lords try to attack them. Going guns blazing with what has the power of a canon weapon is probably not the best idea lol since remember the tower is currently occupied by an NPC demon lord with power akin to a top level raid boss. 

So you could probably try to prevent people from traveling to Reno from there, but setting up a perimeter would spark the ire of all the current demon Lords lol