Ataraxy

Heaven, Hell, and Nede

Okay, so after going through a variety of available combat systems on Valucre, I've settled on the Terrenus Dice System (TDS) as being the best suited for Nede. It takes a little bit of reading, but since it as three different levels (beginner, intermediate, advanced), you can adjust the rules to your preference. For the moment, this is what we'll be using for all threads taking over a Tower. 

Threads with one 1 Demon Lord Candidate: During your campaign to take over the Demon Tower, you need to defeat three Low Tier beings (grunts), one High Tier (demon second), and one Mega Tier (Demon Lord). You can roll for the Demons yourself. Since you have a minimum of 30 posts to do, that seems highly doable lol

Threads with 2 or more Demon Lord Candidates: During your campaign to take over the Demon Tower, you must defeat the other Candidate(s), one High Tier (Demon Second), and one Mega Tier (Demon Lord). You can assign someone to roll for the Demons or have a third party do it. It's up to you. 30 post minimum, so doable unless you get super shitty rolls the entire time. If you hit 30 posts and haven't managed to defeat all the enemies, you can kill of the Demon Second early. Working together to beat the Demon Lord and then fighting each other is also allowed. 

Artifact/ Relic Rules:

Most rules in Valucre don't include this, but since I was the one essentially driving the Valucre community to value artifacts and relics more, I like to put in this rule because it's incredibly important to the Valucre narrative imho

If you're interested in getting an artifact/ relic because you don't have one: Terrenus Artifacts, Genesaris Artifacts/ Relic, Renovatio Relics

These are the standard Artifact Rules that spread throughout Valucre. The important part that we'll be taking for this ruleset for our Demon Tower Campaigns and so on, is the artifact ranking system. The listed benefits do not stack. 

Class B -> Class A -> Class S

Class B Artifact: You can either A) Inflict an additional 0.25 damage or B) Defend against 0.25 damage. Available every turn.

Class A Artifact: You can either A) Inflict an additional 0.5 damage or B) Defend against 0.5 damage. Available every turn. 

Class S Artifact: You can either A) Inflict an additional 0.5 damage or B) Defend against 0.5 damage. Available every turn. +1 HP from the start. 

Multiple Artifact Rules: (Falling into these categories does not mean you lose the single effects above)

1) If your character has 1 artifact: Follow the rules listed above depending on the strength of you artifact/ relic.

2) If your character has 2 artifacts: Your character is classified as High Tier.

3) If your character has 3 artifacts: Your character is classified as Nova Tier. 

Important Note: Because RNG relies on your ability to roll, the more people you get to join you, the easier it will be. If you really want to do it solo, I can let you roll 2 times per turn.

Let me know if you have any questions! I just dropped a bunch of stuff so lol

Well going through those systems...yeah I am not a big fan of Dice Systems I absolutely hate them and not because they are super hard to do and understand but also because I have constant black luck with this kind of fighting. I'm much more of an expert in freemote, meaning RP Combat but well if this is a must then I guess I have to do it but well since my luck sucks I may not get a tower hence luck is always a bitch to me.

3 minutes ago, MichaelTheLightBringer said:

Well going through those systems...yeah I am not a big fan of Dice Systems I absolutely hate them and not because they are super hard to do and understand but also because I have constant black luck with this kind of fighting. I'm much more of an expert in freemote, meaning RP Combat but well if this is a must then I guess I have to do it but well since my luck sucks I may not get a tower hence luck is always a bitch to me.

If you're the only candidate for a tower, you'll get it either way. The dice system is mainly to make the thread more fun and challenging, but it's really there for when people are fighting over a Tower. Not claiming one from an NPC lol So don't worry about it too much. If it's really unfun for you, you can just freeform it so long as the battles and triumphs are believable. I'm not overly picky since you're section is going uncontested lol

1 minute ago, Ataraxy said:

If you're the only candidate for a tower, you'll get it either way. The dice system is mainly to make the thread more fun and challenging, but it's really there for when people are fighting over a Tower. Not claiming one from an NPC lol So don't worry about it too much. If it's really unfun for you, you can just freeform it so long as the battles and triumphs are believable. I'm not overly picky since you're section is going uncontested lol

Oh thank you very much, you are simply too kind honestly. Well I'll try my best but if it's like you said 'unfun' for me I'll do my absolute best to make the freefrom battles and triumphs believable and not corny or anything. So thanks again for the information also when would the RP start? Like is there a deadline you specifically have to hit or?

On 8/11/2019 at 9:35 PM, Ataraxy said:

Demon Lord Candidates

Demon Second Candidates:

Just fyi, Section 2 is still open for anyone interested. Also, just a heads up, but each section is in charge of creating and going through it's own threads. This isn't one big thread, it's a new "area." So in that same breath, I'd like for each thread to start by the end of the week. I'll have mine up sometime soon, though probably not until Friday. I'll try, but damn lol, more homework than i thought. 

2 hours ago, Vilhardt said:

Either or, but firstly, @Ataraxy is there any specific place you'd like the thread posted? Just Reno for now?

Just in the Reno parent board, yeah. We may or may not get a board for Nede, so for now just the parent board. If a sub-board is offered to me for Nede, we'll just transfer the threads over afterwards

On 8/21/2019 at 2:53 PM, Ataraxy said:

Just in the Reno parent board, yeah. We may or may not get a board for Nede, so for now just the parent board. If a sub-board is offered to me for Nede, we'll just transfer the threads over afterwards

So uhhh... Should either of us start or something? I'm not familiar on what to do here ?