Typhon

Recruiting Nefarious Soldiers

Hello all, I've recently made a new aristocratic family in Ursa Madeum and I am looking for characters of a warlike disposition to act as servants and soldiers for the family's leader: Lamius Morlog. 

The sort of character who would fit this role well is one with military experience, flexible morals, and a desire to lead. 

Through a series of threads, I intend to position house Morlog to become a burgeoning military power with a privateer mindset. Via Lamius, characters serving house Morlog will have the cover of legitimacy as they raid and agitate nearby neighbors and nations.

Our first campaign will involve the following: 

-First, engage a small group of pirates which have been plaguing UM’s seas. GMed by me.

-Second, fight off cultists occupying a ghost ship and claim it as House Morlog’s flagship. GMed by me

-Third, sail up the Terrenus coast northeastward and commence raids against the fallen city Hyperion. GMed by me or @Malintzin

-Fourth, on the trip back to UM, encounter skaven during a land excursion. PvP vs. @Jotnotes

At the end of these four maneuvers, the fleet will return home, hopefully laden with plundered riches with which it will repair and enhance its fleet and prepare for the next campaign. 

Thank you to @Malintzin for help plotting this course. Her character Corvus is officially the first officer to sign up for this expedition. Hopefully others will join too so we can mix up a few personalities in this drama!

participants:

First: @Thotification, @Malintzin

Second: @Malintzin

Third: @Malintzin

Fourth: @Jotnotes @Malintzin

Edited by Typhon
Added more stops on the voyage

Thanks for your interest!

My goal is to create a small military force for the purpose of raiding targets mostly outside of UM. Characters who would fit would possess battle experience and be capable of commanding ships and leading military skirmishes. So ship captains, commanders, that type. 

Because my character isn't particularly constrained by moral considerations, the sort of people I imagine him attracting are neutral to evil types. I'd like to make a group of soldiers who may serve the UM government, but who no one would call "good". 

Many of the threads I imagine in the future will be battles and politics, so anyone interested in that will do well.

@Malintzin

11 minutes ago, Armada said:

Interesting ...

Can I be your chamber boy? 

Certainly! Someone to accompany Lamius as a body man would be most welcome.

Are you okay with your character having a very disagreeable lord?

@danzilla3

@EpicRome23

@Jotnotes

Hello, I am quoting you because Supernal recommended each of your locations (everrun, aligoria, and nesthome respectively) as possible targets for my noble to raid masquerading as a pirate or bandit. 

Would any of you be interested in such an event? If so, what sort of opposition would I be looking at? How would you go about settling victory and defeat? 

All in all, just want to check your guys temperatures here. Thanks

@Tyler 

Did you have anything in mind?

Edited by Typhon

1 hour ago, Typhon said:

Did you have anything in mind?

Not specifically at the moment, but if you do something related to pirates, you could ping on it at a later date.

2 hours ago, Tyler said:

Not specifically at the moment, but if you do something related to pirates, you could ping on it at a later date.

Pirates are first thing on my list.

I was thinking: I am starting this story with three ships and currently I only have one confirmed and one on the fence captain for those ships (My character Lamius and his associate will be acting more as fleet commanders than captains of individual vessels) 

so if you have a character who isn’t very “good” alignment-wise and who wants to make some money, a noble captain would be a welcome addition. Doesn’t have to be permanent, just for the battle against the pirates. A cameo of sorts?

just an idea

3 hours ago, Typhon said:

ello, I am quoting you because Supernal recommended each of your locations (everrun, aligoria, and nesthome respectively) as possible targets for my noble to raid masquerading as a pirate or bandit. 

Would any of you be interested in such an event? If so, what sort of opposition would I be looking at? How would you go about settling victory and defeat? 

All in all, just want to check your guys temperatures here. Thanks

Nesthome is the name affectionately given to a newly relocated nest of Skaven, beneath the Forgotten Woods, which used to be the home of a large group of secluded fae.

The Skaven breed rapidly, and their numbers grow quickly. Furthermore, they've accepted a large amount of human refugees into the forest, who built Tradetown directly on top of Nesthome, aboveground.

As far as opposition goes, you'd be looking at navigating fairly new roads, patrolled by eternally paranoid ratmen (typically shorter than your average human, and also light and slightly weaker, but faster) and a few smatterings of human guards as well, which would lead you directly to Nesthome eventually. Nesthome doesn't have much in the way of fortifications yet, so a raid would be very easy, should they get that far. As time would go on, you could probably expect a rapid, and haphazard assault from Skaven defenders, coming out of Nesthome to protect their home. Skaven usually don't have the best arms, but they make do with mixed-unit tactics, mixed weaponry, and rushing down anything they want to kill. The longer such a raid would go on, the more casualties both partys would expect to receive (possibly, it's entirely possible that the Skaven will be underclassed against any invaders)

As far as loot and rewards go, the Skaven don't actually have that much to offer yet. They're currently starving, waiting for enough crops to grow to feed the humans first, and the ratling hordes second. Trade caravans have been shipped out all over the place lately, though, so they might be carrying some valuables and food on their way back.

I would be fine with it, all told, as my Skaven are also doing that same thing right now, searching the world outside of their home for towns and farms to sack for temporary food. It's kind of a tit for tat thing.