supernal

Neon genesis evangelion 1995 [anime]

1 hour ago, supernal said:

Also how about Psycho Pass for example?

Haven't finished Psycho Pass, only got a few episodes in, so I can't really provide comment.

The original Ghost in the Shell movie came out in '95 I think. They handle similar themes (consciousness/identity), without getting crazy. That's the only one I can think of that may not have been influenced by NGE. But to be fair, NGE is more action fantasy, while Ghost in the Shell is more scifi/noir thriller. So the difference in genre might better reflect the different methods of handling these ideas.

3 hours ago, Akiris said:

Rebuild of evangelion.

thumb_give-me-back-ayanami-waifu-theft-o

I’m not entirely familiar with the term rebuild in this context. Is that a reboot like they rehash the same story and update some graphic assets and minor changes to storyline, like the two hunter x hunter series? A revamp like major changes to both like the old and new thunder cats? A continuation like the old vs new baki the grappler? 

1 hour ago, supernal said:

I’m not entirely familiar with the term rebuild in this context. Is that a reboot like they rehash the same story and update some graphic assets and minor changes to storyline, like the two hunter x hunter series? A revamp like major changes to both like the old and new thunder cats? A continuation like the old vs new baki the grappler? 

Starts as a retelling... Then goes completely off the rails. It's got a TV tropes page.