Tenkai Matsumoto

村正妖刀伝 - Muramasa Yōtōden (Muramasa Cursed Sword Chronicles)

31 minutes ago, Thotification said:

Isn't Tenkai part of OFM? Perhaps he could give some pointers to knight trainee Ravenbush? ?

Yes, yes, that he could. How could we work that into the whole sword thing?

5 minutes ago, Tenkai Matsumoto said:

Yes, yes, that he could. How could we work that into the whole sword thing?

? She can just learn through observation... It's not everyday she gets to travel with a Knight order..

10 hours ago, Thotification said:

? She can just learn through observation... It's not everyday she gets to travel with a Knight order..

Hmmm...I guess James could assign her to travel with Tenkai as he goes about seeking dangerous swords to defeat. @Fierach

Now it's just a question of how many more people we get that are willing to play.

1 hour ago, danzilla3 said:

Sooo... basically we're helping you get your Bankai.

*shrug* If you wanna call it that? :U

Mainly it's to turn Tenkai's sword into a canon item. Some people quest for an item to establish it as canon, but since this being his sword is a big part of his story, I'm just using this quest as an opportunity to establish it as canon.

1 hour ago, MichaelTheLightBringer said:

This surely does look interesting, I might be interested. 

Awesome possum! :3

With you, that would make three people interested so far. Four if danzilla decides to join in.

Granted, this is less of a big group thing and more of an episodic thing. I'm not expecting everyone who plays a cursed swords-person to band together, though that might fit for part of it. I think I can start with one person, perhaps Zashii as a narrative hook to get it moving, and then keep going with individuals as part of the story progresses until we find a good point for a climax. 

Also,

@Spooky Mittens

:U

Caeceila Glasmann, a noble of Hell's Gate, wields a high frequency, reforged, Muramasa-inspired blade.  Caeceila is known for her volatility and her great capacity for violence, both physical and psionic.  She has used the blade of interest since her debut in battles to defend or avenge innocent people.

While the premise of this interest check intrigues me, I am unsure of whether I would enjoy participating in something of this nature.  I cannot, at this time, identify a clear benefit to participating in a staged defeat that doesn't seem to advance a plot or build a lasting relationship between characters (unless that is the intent of this and I missed that part somehow), especially one that could end with one of my characters losing a cool weapon.  If there is such a benefit, please detail it below.  I have requested this clarification because if this was a tournament, or the loss was not predestined and/or could benefit my character IC, I would probably throw my hat in.

Edited by The Alexandrian
"In Like Flynn" Doesn't Have The Definition I Thought It Did

2 hours ago, MichaelTheLightBringer said:

@Tenkai Matsumoto can you point me out in the right direction as to what character would be best suited for this RP? 

Well, as stated above, I'm looking for villains or unfortunate soul type characters who have come into possession of swords that are generally cursed or possessed by demons or evil spirits. I'm not asking anyone to put their main characters or characters they have big important stories in with this since the whole point is to act as a foil for the plot (and so that I'm not just RPing by myself). So it really just depends on the kind of character you like to make. This is gonna be a very sword and bladed weaponry oriented RP.

2 hours ago, The Alexandrian said:

Caeceila Glasmann, a noble of Hell's Gate, wields a high frequency, reforged, Muramasa-inspired blade.  Caeceila is known for her volatility and her great capacity for violence, both physical and psionic.  She has used the blade of interest since her debut in battles to defend or avenge innocent people.

While the premise of this interest check intrigues me, I am unsure of whether I would enjoy participating in something of this nature.  I cannot, at this time, identify a clear benefit to participating in a staged defeat that doesn't seem to advance a plot or build a lasting relationship between characters (unless that is the intent of this and I missed that part somehow), especially one that could end with one of my characters losing a cool weapon.  If there is such a benefit, please detail it below.  I have requested this clarification because if this was a tournament, or the loss was not predestined and/or could benefit my character IC, I would probably throw my hat in.

You bring up a good point!

This is definitely 100% not a competitive thing and yes, that's the intent. I would not, however, say that there's zero mutual benefit in it for certain parties. Zashii seems to have the right idea of how that can work. But that's also why for the sake of characters acting as a foil for development, I'm definitely NOT asking anyone to throw in their long-standing well-built mains in what is essentially supposed to be the equivalent of an anime movie arc (except for the fact that it's canon).

This is absolutely NOT a tournament. I'm not gonna go around having a bunch of set up story fights and then prance around like I'm the best or something stupid like that. Now, sure, we can have some fun with it if swordplay is your thing (not specifically you, I mean in general), but the points A and B are still more or less charted out. 

That also being said, I'm also not looking to rob anyone of anything they want to keep either. A few people in question are mentioning weapons that are not really their main armaments, and in their own cases would also not have to worry about the story resulting in any loss of their character. I'm absolutely against that. In your case, however, based on your description, I don't really think Caecelia would end up being someone Tenkai would want to go after at all. She uses her sword to defend the innocent, which is no different than what Tenkai does. And when you say her sword is a high-frequency Muramasa inspired blade, I IMMEDIATELY think Samuel Rodrigues from Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (i c u dere, Armstrong). If her sword is just a wicked sharp blade with some technological enhancements, then it isn't necessarily a cursed or evil sword unless you otherwise say so. But that being said, Tenkai would not be interested in divesting her of that weapon. If she's in control of it and uses it for a good purpose, then she's more of a kindred spirit than anything. The characters I'm looking for as foils should be like, absolute monsters using evil swords, or innocent people/well-meaning heroes wielding dangerous weapons that they actually can't control and have disastrous results.

I will say, however, that just because I'm looking for people to help with this arc doesn't mean I won't take the chance to GM my own stuff with it. Especially considering that this is part of a larger idea I've had for a good while. With that said, there is definitely a part to play for like-minded characters who may cross paths with Tenkai so that I can give some boosting action to people who don't want to participate as a villain, per se. But that'll be for something towards the climax of the story, and I'm waiting to see who I can get involved to see if I wanna go purely in my own direction on it or have someone take my inspiration and run with it.

Canon-machines, son. :U

1 hour ago, danzilla3 said:

Oh I'm in. I just thought it was a good comparison. 

Cool! o3o Any ideas/suggestions or looking for some yourself?

I mean I definitely wanna get around to everyone who's expressed willingness to be a part of it, but what part of it will depend on the timing I guess. Like I said, this is all gonna be episodic. The ideas Zashii gave me have me thinking she'd be a good place to start. I'm still gonna see how long it takes before Nu Martyr moves along before going forward with starting it but I'll at least have ideas pre-typed so that it can start somewhere.

3 minutes ago, Tenkai Matsumoto said:

Well, as stated above, I'm looking for villains or unfortunate soul type characters who have come into possession of swords that are generally cursed or possessed by demons or evil spirits. I'm not asking anyone to put their main characters or characters they have big important stories in with this since the whole point is to act as a foil for the plot (and so that I'm not just RPing by myself). So it really just depends on the kind of character you like to make. This is gonna be a very sword and bladed weaponry oriented RP.

Hmm, I'll see what I can do about it. Um this setting, so hold up, by the look of things this is an also fantasy oriented one? So I could have a Knight or someone who uses weapons that are magically enhanced and so on and so forth? 

3 minutes ago, MichaelTheLightBringer said:

Hmm, I'll see what I can do about it. Um this setting, so hold up, by the look of things this is an also fantasy oriented one? So I could have a Knight or someone who uses weapons that are magically enhanced and so on and so forth? 

The setting is Valucre, basically. So potentially anything that could happen in any part of Valucre within the theme of "sword" and other related themes should be okay. He doesn't need to be a magitek knight or anything super modern if you don't want. The only other big stipulation is that they're using a sword that is essentially cursed or evil, like a daemon-weapon or anything possessed with some malevolent entity. And that it's a bladed weapon, typically, for the sake of theme.

However, it's the backstory and how this weaves into this arc that matters. Is this guy a fallen knight? Did he fall because of the sword or is he just an asshole and likes killing people? Maybe he's not a bad guy but the sword is making him bad? Things like that, I mean.

2 minutes ago, danzilla3 said:

I will make someone up! I'll post the profile here when its done.

Sure, sounds good. Then we can see how we can weave it in. Nothing's gonna be super immediate, with how the whole episodic thing goes.

That reminds me to get a proper Valucre profile set up of Tenkai. I should be able to use old stuff from Google docs but I imagine a lot of stuff needs updating.