Tenkai Matsumoto

村正妖刀伝 - Muramasa Yōtōden (Muramasa Cursed Sword Chronicles)

4 minutes ago, Tenkai Matsumoto said:

The setting is Valucre, basically. So potentially anything that could happen in any part of Valucre within the theme of "sword" and other related themes should be okay. He doesn't need to be a magitek knight or anything super modern if you don't want. The only other big stipulation is that they're using a sword that is essentially cursed or evil, like a daemon-weapon or anything possessed with some malevolent entity. And that it's a bladed weapon, typically, for the sake of theme.

Oh I honestly don't mind knights that are magitek at all! It's quiet cool and interesting since I'm getting bored with the typical knight with a sword and shield so I'll definitely make something up, hopefully it would be cool.

5 minutes ago, Tenkai Matsumoto said:

However, it's the backstory and how this weaves into this arc that matters. Is this guy a fallen knight? Did he fall because of the sword or is he just an asshole and likes killing people? Maybe he's not a bad guy but the sword is making him bad? Things like that, I mean.

Yeah I totally get what you mean. I'll probably do a type fallen hero kind of character which has a arc in becoming good or at least an anti-hero despite the curse, also it must be a sword or can it be a hammer for example? And also I'll me working on the character probably right now. 

3 minutes ago, MichaelTheLightBringer said:

Oh I honestly don't mind knights that are magitek at all! It's quiet cool and interesting since I'm getting bored with the typical knight with a sword and shield so I'll definitely make something up, hopefully it would be cool.

Yeah I totally get what you mean. I'll probably do a type fallen hero kind of character which has a arc in becoming good or at least an anti-hero despite the curse, also it must be a sword or can it be a hammer for example? And also I'll me working on the character probably right now. 

I mean, I'm not like 100% fixed on it only being swords and bladed weapons if it fits. I think the most important thing is that it's something evil, either controlling the person to do evil things or just being some powerful corrupted weapon used by an equally corrupt warrior.

OH OH OH

Another good theme.

Not just demonic swords, but demonic enemies.

Vampire swordsmen, demon swordsmen, other kinds of unforgivable nasties, especially the kind that have powers of regeneration since that's supposed to be part of the power Muramasa is trying to improve.

Hmmmm....Another thing

Perhaps it isn't necessary that the weapon is possessed or cursed, even. I think another good thing to explore would be a named weapon of renown, something famous (at least as far as this story is concerned, it doesnt have to be a real famous weapon but there are ways of making it work) and thus powerful due to is craftsmanship, but is otherwise being used by some jerk trying to make the world a shitty place.

That would be another good theme.

Well reading through the first topic again, so you basically want to fight us...welp, I'll give you a real challenge. I'll have this cursed weapon transform into a spear, sword and hammer so yeah. Hope you'll enjoy that, I'll try to make it super interesting to you and be a compelling villain or a worthy opponent. 

17 minutes ago, MichaelTheLightBringer said:

Well reading through the first topic again, so you basically want to fight us...welp, I'll give you a real challenge. I'll have this cursed weapon transform into a spear, sword and hammer so yeah. Hope you'll enjoy that, I'll try to make it super interesting to you and be a compelling villain or a worthy opponent. 

Well I mean yeah, if you like a good swordfight then we can definitely do the majority of it just us fighting, but remember that this isn't gonna be a tournament or any sort of like competitive fight because we're not gonna have judges or anything to determine winners or anything like that. The plot is still the plot, but we don't need to plan out every single blow for blow either.

A cursed transforming weapon is actually a pretty good idea!

1 hour ago, MichaelTheLightBringer said:

After so many freaking hours I've done it...I think...I've brought up the match of your life buddy.... enjoy hopefully ? @Tenkai Matsumoto

"With the help he had from the black magic and all kinds of magic to imbue it with magic resistance and abilities that far succeeds any Magic User or Master of Mystic Arts. Using the magic to his advantage he made the weapon able to shapeshift into three weapons he wanted and that was the Spear Trium, the half hammer half axe, the Tyranny and last but not least the Abyssbringer Katana which can even rival Muramasa,"

"The blade is so sharp it can cut through almost anything with ease and it is nigh-indestructible, as it was made for one goal and that was to overthrow and destroy the Muramasa. "

Seems...awfully specific, lol.

I mean, not faulting your enthusiasm but I dunno how his weapons were made specifically to "overthrow and destroy" a sword that isn't even native to Valucre and has not yet been made a canon weapon. 

BUT I guess that's not too important?

Well, as stated above, I'm looking for villains or unfortunate soul type characters who have come into possession of swords that are generally cursed or possessed by demons or evil spirits. I'm not asking anyone to put their main characters or characters they have big important stories in with this since the whole point is to act as a foil for the plot (and so that I'm not just RPing by myself). So it really just depends on the kind of character you like to make. This is gonna be a very sword and bladed weaponry oriented RP.

(Drops Sin into thread :^))

JKin'~! I'll leave you alone.

6 hours ago, Tenkai Matsumoto said:

Seems...awfully specific, lol.

I mean, not faulting your enthusiasm but I dunno how his weapons were made specifically to "overthrow and destroy" a sword that isn't even native to Valucre and has not yet been made a canon weapon. 

BUT I guess that's not too important?

I mean I guess I could edit it. 

5 hours ago, Armada said:

Well, as stated above, I'm looking for villains or unfortunate soul type characters who have come into possession of swords that are generally cursed or possessed by demons or evil spirits. I'm not asking anyone to put their main characters or characters they have big important stories in with this since the whole point is to act as a foil for the plot (and so that I'm not just RPing by myself). So it really just depends on the kind of character you like to make. This is gonna be a very sword and bladed weaponry oriented RP.

(Drops Sin into thread :^))

JKin'~! I'll leave you alone.

You don’t have to be like that, lol.

If you’re interested, fine, but I don’t think this is the kind of RP you’d want to involve your main in since it’s likely not what you’re looking for.

Then again, what do I know? Some people have mains they’re trying to send off or give some sort of change of direction anyway. It’s up to you.

I need a bit more time to get a profile up, but I have the general character down. He's a swordsman possessed by a cursed blade that won't let him die, so he seeks out new opponents in the hopes he'll find one who can kill him.