roscpctals

Interesting Title

What’s up, my dudes? My name is Izzy, and I’m an awkward nineteen-year-old college student from Ohio.

I’ve been writing for the better part of a decade, and I’ve got about five years of this RP thing under my belt. So, I mean, I think I’m a pretty good writer..? I’m excited to see what this website has to offer. I've always been a huge fantasy fan so the whole premise of Valucre excites me. I’m thrilled to explore this world.

I've never been a part of an RP site that has an established world and lore, so I’m gonna need some time to adjust. Bare with me as I explore and take my time to read everything that needs to be read.

I’m always looking for friends and potential RP partners, so feel free to see me a message.

Welcome to Val, my dude. Looking forward to having you around. Everyone here's really friendly, so don't be shy if you need any help!

If you haven't already, I'd recommend checking out the New Member Guide. Otherwise there's plenty of lore to sift through, but don't feel obligated to read it all.

Currently, one of the most active settings on the site is Ursa Madeum. It's a medieval, low-magic archipelago with a focus on swashbuckling and noble politics. It's undergoing a healthy amount of change with a renewed emphasis on lore-building, and functions as a self-contained sandbox that encourages collaboration and continuity. 

Genesaris is a good bet if you're looking for traditional high-fantasy. Terrenus as well, though in a more modern/sci-fi capacity. 

seriously tho come join us in ursa madeum it's hella hype

Edited by Wade

On 8/21/2019 at 8:15 AM, roscpctals said:

What’s up, my dudes? My name is Izzy, and I’m an awkward nineteen-year-old college student from Ohio.

I’ve been writing for the better part of a decade, and I’ve got about five years of this RP thing under my belt. So, I mean, I think I’m a pretty good writer..? I’m excited to see what this website has to offer. I've always been a huge fantasy fan so the whole premise of Valucre excites me. I’m thrilled to explore this world.

I've never been a part of an RP site that has an established world and lore, so I’m gonna need some time to adjust. Bare with me as I explore and take my time to read everything that needs to be read.

I’m always looking for friends and potential RP partners, so feel free to see me a message.

I'm excited for your excitement at what Valucre has to offer. Nothing quite ever beats that golden age experience of cracking the world open for the first time and seeing just how many opportunities for change, internally for your character and externally for the world, are all over the place just ripe for the grabbing.

I'll say you should definitely check out the new member guide (thank wade!), and consider ingesting the site in pieces. There's a lot of material there, and while it's there for you to read at your leisure, I don't want you feeling like you have to catch up on a decade's worth of activity and lore just to dip your toe in the water. Poke around the maps and main landing pages then just pick a place that you might like. Alternatively you can proclaim your interests in the water cooler and see what the community surfaces for you, or what they're advertising for

Welcome aboard!