supernal

It's kind of like a heist

Two gunmen are holding up the Silverbush Bank in Lunaris, Taen: https://www.valucre.com/topic/43021-whats-the-difference-between-love-and-fun/?do=findComment&comment=778560

Stuff happens in the thread before this post but it isn't required reading. Just what comes after the hashtags in the latest post

It's a call both to people who might seek to take the gunmen out as well as opportunistic little devils who might want to join them at the proverbial and pivotal moment of truth

Tagging @Thotification cause apparently it's your bank!

21 minutes ago, Thotification said:

?Oh dear...can't I just bribe these gunmen to go away without hurting my clients? 

I mean, you can try! 

2 minutes ago, danzilla3 said:

AHEM

Hide contents

Not getting in your way, but how you gonna have a party in my crib and not invite me? ?

It’s an open call! And I know you’ve been keeping tabs, so I figure if you wanted to dance the floor is wide 

@danzilla3

Since the LEO response time can’t (shouldn’t be) instantaneous, how much time lapsed between when we showed up and when the guv’nah did? 

I’ve read the average response time is about 10 minutes. The local tech level precludes automobiles so I imagine it’d take longer to organize. 20 minutes? 30? 

If it’s 30 then they’ll probably be gone. Part of a heist is blitzkrieging it. If it’s a lot less I’d like to see more detail around how the LEO response communicates and organizes to understand how that happens please. I don’t really have a sense of <how long> it took to get <what> together or what that means. 

Edited by supernal

10 minutes ago, Thotification said:

Not necessarily easy but I was hoping to be notified before the heist started.

Why? I notified you exactly as your bank factored into the thread. What difference would it have made? I’m sure we can think of something to accommodate. Do you just need more time or something? 

Edit - to clarify what I mean the canon process protects the owner. Had we gone on for posts or pages inaccurately describing the building that’s our bad, and you’d be able to say “no this and this is wrong cause this and this” and we’d have to edit or retcon. Anything I’ve inaccurately described so far I can update right now, which is the reason I tagged you just as the arc started

Edited by supernal

Not much actually...good point

Anyway...I've reread the post and I don't think there's any need for you to edit..

I'll work on a reply post where the bank's security are more or less stunned while some workers on the back would try to notify the local police. Some things would have already ensued while the gov Seabass is on his way to the bank.

Sebastian can move quicker than a car, and the bank is pretty close to city hall if I remember correctly. Depending on how long it takes for word to reach him... I dunno. He would have heard the gunshots, and could just have been clued in to what was happening on the way. I would say anywhere between five and ten minutes.

2 minutes ago, danzilla3 said:

Sebastian can move quicker than a car, and the bank is pretty close to city hall if I remember correctly. Depending on how long it takes for word to reach him... I dunno. He would have heard the gunshots, and could just have been clued in to what was happening on the way. I would say anywhere between five and ten minutes.

Ahhh. I thought the crowd included other officers and you had the place surrounded. But that was just a random passerby while Sebastian came to flex on them mightily? If so got it

I assume the bank at least has one of those vine wires to get the word out when they’re under duress so I’m less concerned about word getting out than about organizing a force around the bank. Which isn’t even what happened so no problem 

On that note I think me, amenities and Thot might get 2-3 rounds off in that 5-10 min window. Can we proceed like that and then incorporate Sebastian’s presence or have something else in mind?

6 minutes ago, Thotification said:

We could prolly contact Seabass and then negotiate while he's on his way... the branch manager would prolly just ask "How many bags did you to bring?"

Do you want to make posts to this effect or do you want to just give me and amenities that guidance and incorporate that response (and others you make here) in our posts?