supernal

It's kind of like a heist

7 minutes ago, supernal said:

How’s that? No particulates were being ejected at that point 

But anyway that’s just my take. I’m going to go with whatever level of ability you feel comfortable playing at. If you don’t feel like editing it or that doing so is unnecessary, an inconvenience, or even silly then no need. We can just proceed as is 

No, I feel your argument about why he should hit the gas a bit is reasonable, so I don't mind editing. 

I'm more concerned about where this is going. What are we building towards? Because this is starting to feel like T1, and I don't like that.

24 minutes ago, danzilla3 said:

No, I feel your argument about why he should hit the gas a bit is reasonable, so I don't mind editing. 

I'm more concerned about where this is going. What are we building towards? Because this is starting to feel like T1, and I don't like that.

That's a very fair concern

This sounds sassier than I intend it to so remove any potential sass from textual tone where possible - I think it's going exactly to where it is now. My character has done bad things, your character is law enforcement, they're going to conflict. Some amount of "fighting" isn't just the natural consequence, it's the entire reason you joined this thread, right? To chase after bad guys with your good guy and do what those two parties do when they meet

We haven't agreed on any system in particular so to me we're just working through the logic of the narrative and calling out concerns and inconsistencies as we see fit. In this case I made a reasonable argument that convinced you and if it hadn't, I would have been fine moving along. It's def. not T1 as I understand it or I'd be prepping - I'm "prepping" in the sense that I'm seeding actions that chain into other actions (I didn't pull that gas out of nowhere; I had my character eat those precursors in the post before) to make my arguments stronger but I'm clearly not "notating" anything

I'm not trying to kill your character if that's a concern (like I said before I'm fine with him healing from a dose that would kill a regular person many times over, but "healing from" and "totally unaffected" are pretty far apart), the designs of our respective characters make expiration a higher stakes gamble for you than for me and I'm aware of that. I'm fine with losing, with being captured or killed, but also anticipate similar on your end (to anyone who joins), that there exists a combination of circumstances (whatever those may be, and it would be my job to figure this out and to arrange them accordingly) whereby my character might escape to try shenanigans another day and/or see your character incapacitated in some way (whatever that looks like and can range from anything like losing them in a crowd to being hospitalized, I have no preference). Or maybe not. Maybe my character ends up in an alley with his head cut off or rotting in a cell or sliced open on a doctor's table

(lot of parenthetical talk in there)

But none of those are foregone conclusions. I'm fine losing but I'm also fine "winning", and being fine losing doesn't mean I'm just going to roll over and slap the cuffs on myself. It doesn't mean I'm going to set up a pretty decent attack (if I do say so myself!) and accept it being waved to one side like an inconvenience when in my mind it should be more like "hey that's actually kinda serious"

Edited by supernal

Oh I'm absolutely for the chase and a bit of fighting. And I didn't think you were trying to kill my character. Just wanted to make sure we weren't gonna go t1. It gives me hives LMAO. 

Edit up by the way. 

Edited by danzilla3

Dammit supes why'd you have to gas my immigrants =(((((

In seriousness I'm having a lot of fun watching the thread. If my sched clears up and it's still going strong mid-october, you guys mind me joining?

or, a post or two before the thread ends just to establish what lunaris law enforcement other than sebastian is doing while the city's being bombed, robbed, and gassed.

44 minutes ago, Csl said:

Dammit supes why'd you have to gas my immigrants =(((((

In seriousness I'm having a lot of fun watching the thread. If my sched clears up and it's still going strong mid-october, you guys mind me joining?

or, a post or two before the thread ends just to establish what lunaris law enforcement other than sebastian is doing while the city's being bombed, robbed, and gassed.

I don’t mind at all. Whether you join or do a two post thing is fine by me. If the timing doesn’t work out for some reason then I’m also good with just being fed a paragraph or two I can include in the canon summary / consequences / etc. Full posts will be 100% welcome but we can achieve the same regulatory end without having to interrupt your schedule 

We can even do that now and incorporate that content into consequent posts. As a jellyfish I’m quite flexible 

Btw, around how much time has elapsed since the two dudes bombed the banyan market? Also looking for time elapsed between bombing --> bank robbery, and bank robbery --> present (Adime yeeting himself off the carriage)

5 minutes ago, Csl said:

Btw, around how much time has elapsed since the two dudes bombed the banyan market? Also looking for time elapsed between bombing --> bank robbery, and bank robbery --> present (Adime yeeting himself off the carriage)

Where applicable I put any time transitions in the post themselves. Any chance anyone with a better memory remembers what they are? If not I’m open to suggestions on a reasonable timeframe. I don’t recall off hand and don’t want to go back to audit  

I'm assuming they've been travelling on foot until the bank robbery. Might've missed mention of horses before that.

- bar explosion > killing alley dude > arrive at pharmacy - 15-20 mins
- pharmacy theft/bodyswitch - 15 mins
- some travelling to the bank - 15-20 mins
- bank robbery takes 4-5 minutes
- street chase's probably taken 5-10 mins at this point

Little more than an hour since the bank explosion. Seems like it'd be more, but apart from the timeskip when they travel to the bank, the duo's been moving fast.

Am not posting yet, just checking what public service damage control events I can insert in that could've been happening/have happened in this time.

Just now, Csl said:

I'm assuming they've been travelling on foot until the bank robbery. Might've missed mention of horses before that.

- bar explosion > killing alley dude > arrive at pharmacy - 15-20 mins
- pharmacy theft/bodyswitch - 15 mins
- some travelling to the bank - 15-20 mins
- bank robbery takes 4-5 minutes
- street chase's probably taken 5-10 mins at this point

Little more than an hour since the bank explosion. Seems like it'd be more, but apart from the timeskip when they travel to the bank, the duo's been moving fast.

Am not posting yet, just checking what public service damage control events I can insert in that could've been happening/have happened in this time.

I think that sounds very reasonable. I’d be comfortable saying longer overall too if that fits better. I can see them moving fast from crime scenes and then leisurely strolling once they’ve gotten some distance and then a faster sprint again with the next crime spot. An hour sounds reasonable but so does 1.5? 

Can confirm they’ve been on foot until the bank get away 

6 minutes ago, supernal said:

I think that sounds very reasonable. I’d be comfortable saying longer overall too if that fits better. I can see them moving fast from crime scenes and then leisurely strolling once they’ve gotten some distance and then a faster sprint again with the next crime spot. An hour sounds reasonable but so does 1.5? 

Can confirm they’ve been on foot until the bank get away 

Yeah let's go with 1.5. I haven't really pinned down the distance between the bank and banyan/anywhere else but Lunaris is big and leisurely walking should account for some added travel time.

They also probably took some time to get the stocking masks from somewhere. Idk, maybe robbed some poor guy otw to the bank :( rip in peace stocking person

@Csl still planning on making a post here?

I'm planning to do a Checkpoint summary, so I can canonize events that have taken place to date, but allow amenities and danzilla and whoever else (Trex if he joins, etc) to keep playing in the thread and potentially having another canon event

I can wait but if you don't have a forecast as to when you'll be able to post I'd rather do a check point now and let the other posts flow in whenever