Revvys

Washing their Wounds

Vice was grateful for a change of subject, and went right to work applying a cooling paste to Arturo's burns that would actually likely feel rather soothing. "I grew it, yes. Most of the cloth furnishings I had commissioned, but other than that..." And it wasn't as if they were expensive commissions, as pretty much all of Vice's 'furnishings' were cushions of varying sizes. Anything wood seemed to grow directly out of the walls or floors - even the hooks that held the lanterns that kept the underground room lit seemed to be part of the walls they hung on.

--

Now Korben did lay down - but while he let go of Myth's shirt, he began to very pointedly nose her towards his back. They were supposed to get back extra quick, after all, and he could run much much faster than any two-legs could. And besides, it seemed like the nice lady was having a hard time walking anyway.

@Witches Brew @Opaquely Translucent

Edited by Revvys

Myth watched as Korben lay down, gesturing towards his back. Did he..want her to get on? Myth blinked, watching as the dog gestured over and over with his snout towards his back, hoping she’d get the message. Myth understood it, sure, perhaps he knew she was injured? This dog was smart, very smart. Whoever trained him must have been a very diligent person. She sighed, and she limped beside the dog, and she bunched her skirt in her hands, so that she could easily swing one leg over his back, and comfortably sit, and she leaned forward to wrap her arms around his massive neck. She pressed her head against his fur, and her hair hung over her eyes. She gave him a pat, and let out a deep breath. “Alright, let’s go then.” 

"You...grew it." His words didn't come out as a question, he was simply wrapping his mind around the concept as images of how that might have taken place rolled through his head. It certainly answered a few questions for him though and now he believed that he had a better understanding of Vice, though how accurate that belief was...well, that was still up for debate. "I'm afraid I've never understood the mechanics of magic as a whole, let alone anything as specific as druidic magic, but I must say it is very fascinating to behold the results." Arturo thought on this for a moment as old campfire rumors floated back into his mind, things he'd considered tall tales about druids and their abilities...but there was a druid right here in front of him, so perhaps...

"Is it...true that your kind can take the shape of animals at will?" he asked out of the blue, unable to keep his curiosity in check anymore. He had never met a druid before so there were many things he wished to ask.

@Revvys & @Witches Brew

Edited by Opaquely Translucent

Vice raised a brow quizzically at Arturo's comments. "...druidic...?" He asked, though he did manage to keep working on bandaging Arturo's wounds. It wasn't until he asked about changing into an animal that it clicked in Vice's head what he was on about. "... I'm not a druid, Arturo." He said with a quiet chuckle. At least there was a little more thought put into that than the usual just 'plant magic' he typically got from people trying to understand how he did what he did. 

--

Korben got up from the ground as soon as Myth was secure on his back, and took off like a shot into the woods. He was doing his best not to bounce her too much, but he wanted to get home so he could get told what a good boy he was!

Before long, the ground was covered in thick grass, signalling their entry into what Vice considered his territory, and even sooner after that the huge tree he used as a home loomed into view. Without any hesitation Korben ran right up to it, then pawed the hidden door open and disappeared down the stairs without giving Myth much of a chance to process where they were.

As soon as Korben came trotting back down the stairs, Vice frowned hard at the girl he still carried on his back. But first, he stood to walk up to his pup, who was standing very proudly in the middle of the room, and gave him lots of ear scratches. "Good boy, Korben... mmhmm, that's my good pup, you did a good job." Vice praised him quietly, while Korben practically vibrated with joy. He was a good boy! He did good job! This was the best day ever!!

Myth let out a loud yelp as Korben shot off into the woods, keeping her head low to avoid any branches that threatened to snap back and hit her in the face. Her fists held tightly to handfuls of Korben’s fur, and she kept her eyes tightly closed, amazed that this dog could run so fast. It was only when he slowed down did she open her eyes, and she gawked at the massive tree that grew there. She had never seen this before, and she frequented these woods. How long has this been here? The pup pawed at the trunk, before bouncing down the stairs in some sort of corridor, making his way inside. Myth straightened herself up, looking around in awe. Someone made a home out of this? 

Korben stopped in a main room, where two men were chatting quietly, but stopped as they arrived. Korben was basically dancing, his happy wiggles as what seemed to be his master shot her a glare before scratching his massive ear. 

“You’re not lost at all it seems.” Mythandriel told him as she carefully slid off his back, her feet hitting the floor. She used Korben as a crutch, and she looked around the room, instantly recognizing the other man. “It’s you, you’re the swordsman from earlier, I’m sorry to have ran off on you after the fight, but I had something to take care of afterwards.” She said, her words rushing over one another. She looked at Vice, and she dipped her head. “You’re the dog master, I assume?” 

"No? Then..." Arturo had to take a hard beat at that moment as his mind furiously scrambled to come up with a logical explanation for just how Vice could have accomplished all of this without the aid of druidic magic. He could still be a Ranger but he had never heard any stories of those who bore the wild hunt in their blood being capable of flora manipulation on this scale, at least not outside of combat. Eventually he came to the realization that while there were some parallels that he could draw from where he'd come from to here, there were also a wide array of differences as well that set his land apart from Coth; with that in mind, he had to imagine that there were going to be forms of magic and other such things he would learn about here that he had no explanation for.

Fortunately for Vice, Arturo's little brain journey gave the man enough time to finish whatever it was he was doing before Arturo snapped back out of his trance; this was also the time that the Elven archer he had fought with earlier was brought downstairs by Korben which caught his attention fairly easily. "You live. I'm glad to see that." he said simply with all the tone of a man who had just seen a friend he had been out of contact with for a while, "Please, allow my friend to tend to your wounds, he is quick and efficient. I can personally attest to his skills." he said, gesturing to all the work Vice had already done on his own body.

@Revvys & @Witches Brew

Vice frowned slightly at Myth, but then returned to doting on his dog for a moment. "I suppose that's a term to describe me." He grumbled, giving Korben another solid pat on the side before stepping away. "You need to sit. You shouldn't have been in any fight at all, let alone running off afterwards without tending your wounds properly." He waved at a cushion next to Arturo's while going to grab the medicines he'd need to tend to her. Her wounds weren't nearly as bad as his friend's, but she oughtn't be getting wounded at all in her condition...

Korben, for his part, was happy to trot over to Arturo's other side and flop down in front of him, before rolling onto his back in his usual bid for belly rubs. He'd been a good boy! He deserved belly rubs!

Mythandriel was happy to see that the stranger had lived, and she felt badly about not even knowing his name, even when he spoke of her as an old friend. She ducked her head as the healer spoke to her gruffly, and she felt a spark of anger in her chest. What did he mean she shouldn’t have been fighting at all? She sauntered over to a cushion, and sat next to the swordsman, who seemed to be better, at least better than he was earlier. She turned to face him, and she smiled. 

“I’m Mythandriel, by the way.” She said, and she didn’t know how else to greet him, so she’s did something she’s seen humans do. She stuck out her hand, and waited for him to take it. “I believe this is called a shake. I’ve seen humans do it before when meeting someone new.” She explained, in case he did not know either. 

After introductions were out of the way, Myth turned back to Vice as he gathered is medicines. “What did you mean, when you said I shouldn’t be fighting?” She asked him. “Do you not believe women can fight?”

"A strong name, fitting." Arturo said as he looked up at Mythandriel from where he sat, "I am Arturo Ryilaan, I thank you for your assistance earlier." He observed the hand being held out towards him and considered it for a moment before he reached out; instead of taking her hand in his however, he clasped his hand firmly around her wrist and gave it a firm shake. Even though his kingdom was long since devoured, he still remembered this as a typical greeting between the knights his father worked with, so he wanted to show the woman who had fought with him the most amount of respect he could.

After that was over, he allowed Myth and Vice to handle their business, but he did pipe up when the archer asked if Vice thought that women couldn't fight. "I can personally attest to her abilities. I haven't seen a bow arm that steady in quite some time, I'm just glad I wasn't on the other end of it this time." he said with a small laugh as he thought back to that time. He hadn't expected that goblin archer to be so accurate with its shots, but he also reckoned that the goblin hadn't expected him to run directly into one of them in order to close the distance. Now that he was thinking about it though...that seemed to be a very common story for his encounters and it was probably fortuitous that he had not known Vice back then, lest he accidentally worry his new friend to death.

Oh well, that was neither here nor there, but what was here were plenty of belly rubs for Korben. He did indeed deserve them after completing a job such as this.

@Revvys & @Witches Brew

Korben's leg was immediately kicking gleefully, as Arturo had found an itchy spot right away. This was the best day ever! He had two whole friends now - Myth had petted him so she was obviously his other bestest friend now too.

Vice rolled his eyes at both Myth and Arturo's defense of her fighting skills, giving both of them looks like they must be touched in the head before settling down next to Myth to start tending to the burns on her feet. "Hmph. Women can fight just as well as men if they've the inclination." He retorted. "But most would have the good sense to avoid doing so whilst pregnant." He said it as if it was obvious - he didn't seem to think he was delivering any sort of new information. Though how he even knew was a question - he hadn't given Myth any sort of examination, and she certainly wasn't showing this early. But apparently to him it was a plain fact.

Mythandriel was prepared for his explanation, and she was grateful to Arturo for complimenting her bow arm, but what Vice told her, it made her want to pass out. Pregnant?! She couldn’t be! She had slept with Zanzarog one time, and that was weeks ago! She put a hand to her forehead, suddenly feeling very ill. 

“How do you know this? I-I, I can’t be pregnant..” she said, her voice thick with emotion. She looked at Vice as he tended to her feet, and she put a hand on his shoulder. “How do you know?!” She asked him again, this time with more worry in her voice. She was all alone! She couldn’t raise a baby all alone! This was Zanzarog’s child, and he was off, doing his own thing. Suddenly, the feeling in her gut rose to her throat, and she grabbed the bucket Vice was using for disposables, and she leaned over the bucket, and vomited heavily inside it. She groaned, hugging it, and tears slid down her face. “I-I can’t be pregnant! I-It’s impossible!” She wailed.

That...was some news to just casually drop on someone else. Even Arturo did a small double take as his friend informed Myth that she was, indeed, pregnant and this information prompted the half-elf to give a closer inspection to his archery inclined ally; however, no amount of inspection brought him to the same conclusion, not that he'd seen a pregnant woman for some time now, but he was fairly sure he would notice something. Myth did not seem to be taking the news terribly well though, in fact she seemed downright distraught to learn of something that, to Arturo's knowledge, should have been joyous news. He could not make sense of it himself, nor did he have the words to make her feel any better...the best he could do was to rise from where he was sitting so he could place a light, comforting hand on the sobbing woman's shoulder.

He said nothing, but he hoped that his presence would provide some small comfort to her. He also hoped that Korben would follow his lead and try to cheer her up; if he was being perfectly fair, the dog was far better at cheering people up than he ever would be. It just wasn't a fair competition.

@Revvys & @Witches Brew

Vice actually jerked back slightly when Myth grabbed him - though she was quickly distracted from interrogating him by being violently ill. "How do you not know!?" He retorted, confusion writ large on his features. He really wasn't completely aware that just sort of... knowing that sort of thing wasn't entirely normal.

Korben at least seemed to realize that Myth was now very distressed, and he trotted over to her, shoving himself between her and Vice and nuzzling his head under her arm as if trying to encourage hugs. That made Vice get a somewhat sour look on his face, but he just huffed and headed back over to his kitchen. He had some teas that were good for nausea.

Mythandriel was simply overwhelmed. She didn’t know how to comprehend this, there was so much to unpack. First of all, her lover went rouge, and dark unspoken things happened to him. Then there was the the fact that she was pregnant with his child, and her rouge lover wouldn’t be around to help her deal with this. Ioreth went with Viscerex and the Bald One to fight some battle, and has yet to return. Ioreth was going to be very disappointed in her when she returned. She didn’t like Zanzarog, she warned her about him, and Mythandriel, as stubborn as she was, didn’t listen. 

Arturo placed his hand on her shoulder as she sobbed, and Korben took it upon himself to weasel his way into her arms, and Myth obliged. She wrapped her arms around the dogs furry neck, and nuzzled her face deep into his fur, the tears flowing freely. She was embarrassed, acting so childish in front of two strangers in a strange home. She couldn’t contain herself. Eventually however, after what seemed like ten minutes of endless sobs, she calmed down, and used her skirt to dry her tears and wipe her nose. She hung her head in shame, and placed the bucket on the floor beside her. 

“I- I am sorry for my behavior, it’s just this day has been, well a little much.”

"Your emotions are not a weakness." Arturo said as he squat down so he could look Myth in the eyes. His eyes had changed since he had come here, going from blank, lifeless orbs to sharp blue and full of life with a gaze that seemed to pierce right through whoever he was looking at; even he noticed this change and he was happy to use his newfound vigor to help others. "You are overwhelmed and sometimes that happens. It is okay to feel and experience your emotions as they come, they will temper you over time and you will gain wisdom from the understanding that follows. Just know that during this time of grief, you are not alone. My shoulders will help bear your burdens as well as they're able to...I will admit I am very untrained in such things, but I will endeavor to do my best on your behalf."

His tone was mild and held no negativity for Myth's show of emotion, there was only an earnest desire for him to aid someone he considered a trusted ally in their time of need. Somehow, he knew in his heart that were the situation reversed, he would be given the same treatment.

@Revvys & @Witches Brew