HollowCipher

Bloodsport OOC

On 8/29/2019 at 7:48 AM, Akiris said:

So.... Exactly what Ed just did, but now with JoJo references?

Precisely.

Oh, and something Hollow forgot to mention, as always Hollow forgot to mention something. ADHD everybody. Blessing and curse.

There is a dodge mechanic.

You can choose to dodge if you do not have the defend skill. Or if you DO have the defend skill. Either one. Note that some enemy attacks will be unblockable, and will require a dodge attempt.

If you choose to dodge, both you AND Hollow will roll in the dice rolling thread. You and me, head to head on the D20. If you roll higher than Hollow, the dodge is successful. If you roll lower than Hollow, Git Gud.

Oh and also your dodge fails and you take damage.

I'm working on a post atm. I need three volunteers for a +1 sanity boost. I'm not sure who all is missing some. First come first serve!

Posted. Realized Murray is at full specs apparently, so I actually have four free +1 sanities to whomever wants to take. I'll fill them into my post as people reserve them.

18 minutes ago, Dolor Aeternum said:

Soryn may be able to heal because I think he only lost 1 Sanity last round so only needs one Meditate to fill up. @P.N.See

Well, you can just use one of my slots if you want. I'm using one of Murray's Mass Rallies right now, to get SQUAAAD back to 5/5 (I think, or maybe it's just back to 4/5), since they have no meditate (because I was intentionally stupid with their ability allotments ? ), so I have to have Murray fix that. So you might as well take one of my slots, since they go to waste otherwise.

@HollowCipher

Pedantic kind of question here, is the Dodge mechanic an action used the previous turn, akin to Defend, or is it a Counter Attack-esque type of free action where it's used in response to an enemy attack?

Also no need for the Aligorians to be rallied, as part of the door gang their sanity is all topped up. ?

12 minutes ago, Dolor Aeternum said:

@P.N.See - Since Soryn will end up taking one of those rally points from Murray, I have edited my post to state Soryn is patching Vlad up (2 x Heal) and delaying an action.

I appreciate that. No need to heal me twice, though. I had 4 out of 5 HP.

9 hours ago, EpicRome23 said:

Pedantic kind of question here, is the Dodge mechanic an action used the previous turn, akin to Defend, or is it a Counter Attack-esque type of free action where it's used in response to an enemy attack?

It is used as a counter in response. If certain attacks are unblockable, it would be wildly unfair if I made you try to predict when they would happen.

@The Bone King 

I’m guessing that you saw the gladiator arena in the first post and thought that the thread is open? I’m sorry to say that Bloodsport is a closed thread! It has a lot of history and mechanics to it that carries from previous threads, including dice rolls, set character actions and stuff.

What kind of threads are you interested in? I could point you to other interest checks that may be of the fighting variety that are still recruiting people.

Edited by jaistlyn