Hello ? 

I have a lot to do with Nymeria of Genesaris’ Ariatic Ocean and I was wondering if anyone was interested in any type of interaction with the Ocean Empire? 

In regards to Terrenus, I was hoping to establish a consulate, be it with myself or @Malintzin

Doesnt have to be something drastic but it can be! Maritime endeavors or land based endeavors. I myself am not picky. 

I should note that there is a consulate in Port Kyros, if anyone in the west of Genesaris wishes to reach out. But all are welcome to approach this little interest check. 

Questions regarding the consulate can go here or in my inbox!

Any ideas? Hopes? Concerns? 

Edited by L E V I A T H A N
More information!

@Malintzin didn’t a consulate between Terrenus and Nymeria already get established by previous diplomats? 

edit - that’s the one in port kyros actually. So is this just an additional consulate in another location?

Edited by supernal

1 hour ago, supernal said:

@Malintzin didn’t a consulate between Terrenus and Nymeria already get established by previous diplomats? 

edit - that’s the one in port kyros actually. So is this just an additional consulate in another location?

Yea. The idea was to establish a physical space Seaborn races and Nymeria and Terrenus could interact or do business with. Pretty much a consulate/fort establishment. Could work for trade or anything like that. Mostly just establishing physical locations on each continent. Doesn’t have to be a newwww consulate type deal, moreso the aforementioned - a space for them on Terrenus’ beach 

22 minutes ago, L E V I A T H A N said:

Yea. The idea was to establish a physical space Seaborn races and Nymeria and Terrenus could interact or do business with. Pretty much a consulate/fort establishment. Could work for trade or anything like that. Mostly just establishing physical locations on each continent. Doesn’t have to be a newwww consulate type deal, moreso the aforementioned - a space for them on Terrenus’ beach 

Right so that already exists which is what the consulate at port kyros is. Precisely that thing for those reasons. This would be an additional one of those - which makes sense since it’s in a new, far removed location from the first one anyway

edit: not trying to dissuade or anything just it adds an extra dimension to it as an extension of an existing relationship rather than treated as something new 

Edited by supernal

10 minutes ago, supernal said:

Right so that already exists which is what the consulate at port kyros is. Precisely that thing for those reasons. This would be an additional one of those - which makes sense since it’s in a new, far removed location from the first one anyway

edit: not trying to dissuade or anything just it adds an extra dimension to it as an extension of an existing relationship rather than treated as something new 

My intent was to expand pre existing relations so that’s dope. Just a thought though. ??‍♂️

I think I am on the same page, but we're talking about twin consulates--one in Genesaris and one in Terrenus?

But yes, as I'm updating landing pages, I'm hoping to put in a few more plots and quests surrounding the consulate and get Nymeria(ns) more involved. Especially since Kyros is theoretically a hot spot for war (While I OOCly know this, and while Raveena could anticipate this, it's not IC knowledge yet).

One of Hyperion's THRIVE Quests I've drafted involves Nymerians so should be interesting. 

I know that @Maverick has/had a civilization similar-ish per the Island up for grabs in Genesaris that he was building up lore for. Might be worth exploring! Get the creative juices flowing.

10 minutes ago, Malintzin said:

I think I am on the same page, but we're talking about twin consulates--one in Genesaris and one in Terrenus?

The one “near” Genesaris. It isn’t actually on that land because the two continents aren’t on friendly terms and the consulate is for Nymeria, but that’s where you wanted to place it. So there’s a Terrenus - Nymeria consulate there and this thread seems to be about establishing one closer to the Terran mainland

12 minutes ago, supernal said:

The one “near” Genesaris. It isn’t actually on that land because the two continents aren’t on friendly terms and the consulate is for Nymeria, but that’s where you wanted to place it. So there’s a Terrenus - Nymeria consulate there and this thread seems to be about establishing one closer to the Terran mainland

I don’t know how consulates usually work. I was just spitballing having a Nymerian embassy / establishment on both continents but I don’t want to convolute things here. 

8 minutes ago, L E V I A T H A N said:

I don’t know how consulates usually work. I was just spitballing having a Nymerian embassy / establishment on both continents but I don’t want to convolute things here. 

It’s totally fine to have another consulate closer to the mainland. There’s enough distance between the two that it makes sense. And it would be near the two disparate continents just both are for Terrenus government. If you want one for Genesaris or other (like orisia) that’d be a different venture 

The Genesar Government, per my conversation with with King last night ,no longer exists. Which is the only reason I wanted to establish the consulate in the city itself. It killed two birds with one stone in that it would allow Terrans, Gensar and Nymerians to sit by the metaphorical fire singing songs together and learn to get along. Not that it'll happen overnight, but. Gotta start somewhere I guess.

So if that's an IC thing you wanna explore, coo'. Otherwise, I'm going to have to more this lore off Genesaris and just establish some facility in the middle of the ocean near Nymeria.

Just made more sense to place it on a coastal property because it granted access to both species. One from land, the other from water (99% of Nymerians can't come on land without their suits anyway and it's safe to assume aout 20% would be interested enough to learn more). It made even more sense that coastal property belonging to someone who called Terrenus home and only left because the world has gone mad with bodysnatching jellyfish, eldritch horror genies, civil war and plagues.

But if you'd really rather me rearrange things and just build something out in the ocean, I will do the thing! Just say the word.

The overarching point is to bring the relationships between continents to a more favorable social temperature. But if that's not an interest I understand~

25 minutes ago, Malintzin said:

But if you'd really rather me rearrange things and just build something out in the ocean, I will do the thing! Just say the word.

I don’t think there’s anything I said that even remotely suggests this, let alone that I’d really rather it. Whatever your reasons for placing it where you placed it I’m just confirming that there is a pre-existing consulate and that it’s a Terran-Nymerian consulate. It didn’t involve any other governments 

Although I’m pretty confident I clarified conflicts of interests when it was being first established anyway but like I said your reasons for picking the spot are your reasons. It doesn’t materially affect me 

Edited by supernal

15 minutes ago, supernal said:

I don’t think there’s anything I said that even remotely suggests this, let alone that I’d really rather it. Whatever your reasons for placing it where you placed it I’m just confirming that there is a pre-existing consulate and that it’s a Terran-Nymerian consulate. It didn’t involve any other governments 

Although I’m pretty confident I clarified conflicts of interests when it was being first established anyway but like I said your reasons for picking the spot are your reasons. It doesn’t materially affect me 

No, no. You just confused me when you said "near" Genesaris and not actually on the land, since Port Kyros is in Genesaris. But yes, the Terran-Nymerian consulate is being hosted by Port Kyros it does not involve the Genesar Government whatsoever, it merely sits on Gensar land being ruled by the Hyperian Empire.