The Courier

[Class A] Where the Law turns a Blind Eye

Aelene’s smirk gradually shifted into a look of absolute horror as a man began to stand off against the thugs. As the two of them began to power up, she began a steady approach to stop whoever it was that had been at the wrong place at the wrong time. But it soon became evident that things were beyond her means to control.

Whoever the newcomer was, not only was he bold, but he was formidable in his own right. As one of the thugs started blazing with fire, the crowd backed away, pushing Aelene away from the engagement. All she could see was a bright flash of light before the sound of two bodies hitting the floor was heard, and someone began rummaging through one of the bodies.

Seconds later, someone found her through the parted crowd and for a few seconds, she was speechless.

On 9/22/2019 at 9:51 PM, Twitterpated said:

"I believe this belongs to you. Sorry I wasn't able to help sooner, are you okay?"

Oh how ironic it was that his one heroic outburst had led to a suppression in the subjugation of the wicked. Even more shocking was how efficiently they had been dealt with. Aelene had never seen anyone go down that quickly before. But what fascinated her most were his emerald green eyes. Composed, thoughtful, and beautiful. For a moment, she found herself lost, searching for some sort of reason to the existence of the universe within the endless possibilities that his eyes could hold. Then, she snapped out of it. He held her purse out in his hands. She wanted to slap him. She wanted to kill him for his insufferable nosiness. She sighed.

”The purse was rigged with a tracking device... We were trying to locate their hideout and put an end to their reign...” she managed between breathless gasps. With shaky hands, she retrieved it from his open palm. She didn’t know why she shook. The pain was bearable, but the frustration was agonising.

Just then, there was a disturbance in the crowd as someone started to bolt off.

@Twitterpated

The man whom Noah had identified as a pickpocket was also an expert eavesdropper. Keen elven ears picked up on the entire exchange between Xartia and Aelene. The boss would reward him handsomely for delivering this information. Without hesitation and not wanting to be caught, he began sprinting away for his life.

@Thotification

Noah had watched the scene unfold with a growing appreciation for the chaotic nature of the universe. Their plans had not taken into account the possibility that a civilian would intervene on their behalf. Of course, he had considered the possibility; but had judged the chances to be remote. Rather than the irritation that Aelene clearly felt, Noah was glad that this had happened. It had served as a lesson to be more prepared in the future. 

A commotion in the crowd drew his attention to the pickpocket from earlier. He was attempting to flee with a panicked look on his face. Noah thought about chasing after him, but decided that a modified version of the original plan could potentially work. There was a mechanical whirring noise as his nanomachines fabricated a small drone; disguised as a common fly. With a thought, he launched it, and soon he had a birds eye view of the retreating criminal.

"I've located another subject," he informed Aelene, "It seems probable that he is going to inform a superior about recent events. I am tailing him via drone now."

”The purse was rigged with a tracking device... We were trying to locate their hideout and put an end to their reign...”

"Oh dear, I had no idea. At least I didn't kill the goons, we can just wake one up and interro -"

"I've located another subject," he informed Aelene, "It seems probable that he is going to inform a superior about recent events. I am tailing him via drone now."

Seriously? The lad couldn't have said that a few seconds sooner? Regardless, he'd caused them some trouble by disrupting ant portion of their plan. Even if it played into their favor now, he was sure that he'd just made this job that much harder for them. They could tail him back to his HQ, but if they let him return, then the enemy would be expecting them. Judging by woman's shaking, they couldn't possibly be prepared enough to take the boss on head to head; On their turf as the thug told him a moment ago.

"As a formal apology, allow me to assist the two of you in completing this task. However I may be of assistance."

On 9/26/2019 at 7:44 AM, The Courier said:

The man whom Noah had identified as a pickpocket was also an expert eavesdropper. Keen elven ears picked up on the entire exchange between Xartia and Aelene. The boss would reward him handsomely for delivering this information. Without hesitation and not wanting to be caught, he began sprinting away for his life.

l7kHdaBJBVr-IIE98va94MqVgRgUTEX_dS5yReCDLog.jpg?width=547&auto=webp&s=b1919f5475de02f8df9ffdc702f1a9e6d7d555e5The poor elf. All he wanted was to get away and inform his boss. Unfortunately, he had to cross paths with a pair of sisters. Now the poor elf had to endure stuck this rather absurd predicament of which he has no choice other than to grin and bear it. He could try to stand up from his prone position but there's something that seemed to be weighing down on his whole body preventing him from rising, much less make any movement.

"My, my," the older woman spoke, "This is a new low for the Order. What will my darling James say once he finds out that his Knight Apprentices are harassing civilians?"

"Shut it," the woman referred to as Shishi replied, "Don't bring the Order in this. I'm not harassing him, I just need to ask him a few questions."

The older woman had to chuckle at that. "Is this a peaceful interrogation now? Your actions says otherwise. Anyways, I'm on vacation so this matter clearly has nothing to do with me."

Ignoring her friend, Shishi started her questions. "Now why would an 'innocent bystander' like you, run away from the opposite direction of the earlier commotion?" 

Aelene folded her arms and raised an eyebrow. It was unfortunate that their initial plan had gone awry by the goodwill of another. Yet it wasn't ethical to press him for doing what he thought was right. Forcing a grin through the ache in her ribs, she extended her palm to shake that of Xartia's.

"Aelene Hasleim. Don't think too much of it. You were trying to do the right thing. If there were more people like you, we wouldn't even need to be here to restore order to the Market."

But as far as introductions went, there was a more pressing matter at hand.

"Noah, can you track him?" she turned to her companion. "If word gets to the boss, we're both finished. Our heads will be on pikes to be displayed in the market square tomorrow."

At that moment, a dark cloaked figure descended from absolutely nowhere onto a spot which seemed to be within the target's path.

@danzilla3

"I don't know what you're talking about. Get off me!" the man swung his arms around like a toddler. Stopped in his tracks by two trifling children? Why, he'd show them! Were he able to get onto his feet, he would! Why yes sir, they would pay in ways they couldn't imagine. His brother was a rapist! Hell, he would show them!

"Aah! Watch it!" he yelled as ShiShi unintentionally shoved her elbow into a pressure point on his back.

As he drew the crowd's attention to himself, it became very evident to the thug that it would be a long day for him.

@Thotification