Winter Wonderland

Winter Stroll OOC

This is a quick and dirty little OOC thread for discussion. 

I'd like to keep a posting order if that is okay with everyone else, as I'm awful at organizing events when they get jumbled together. 

I think the order in which we posted works well for a posting order, so if there are no objections it would be.

1. Me.

2. Courier

3. Owl

4. Cacti

5. Vil

With that out of the way for let's dicuss an important topic!

BATTLE!

How do you guys want to handle fights? 

Pure narrative?

Maybe using the Terrenus Narrative Damage System for some added danger?

Or maybe the Terrenus Dice System to make the battles a bit more structured?

Other ideas? 

@Vilhardt @The Courier @AngryCacti @Moon Owl

My preference is just pure narrative, so long as the bad guys aren't mooked lol.

As for the posting order, I think it would be ideal for it to be slightly more free-flow, with one post per "round" from each person, but in no particular order. This allows characters to talk to each other without having significant post breaks in between conversations, which would just make it really weird >_>

If you're adventurous, you may be interested in trying a "round" setting, during which characters must post minimally once per round, but may post additionally should they be speaking to another character within the thread to sustain conversation.

I prefer a more rigid structure just for my personal preference, if everyone wants a fluid post order I'm more then willing to compromise though.

I'm not interested in allowing more then one post per person per round though, I find my train of thought and pacing gets jumbled when that happens. 

Yeah well, sometimes you get weird scenes where my character is just meditating on the roof. Nothing has triggered any sort of change in their environment, so there's really not much for me to post about other than random filler that I'm sure nobody is going to enjoy reading 🙂

Edited by The Courier

Hmm, while I would be okay with any of the battle options, I tend to lean towards narrative or the Terrenus Narrative damage system. (We can always tweak the fatality option to be a little more friendly to this rp). Of course, that’s just my vote and I’d love to hear what other people have to say on it.

Posting order looks good! Idk if this is still up for debate or not, but may I suggest a rigid posting order where- if someone needs to change position- they ask you or the group if they can move in the order for a round? That way it can be limited but still offer some benefit. Either way, I support the one post per round rule.

Edited by AngryCacti
Edit: Supernal clarified the TDS system for me. It has a more structured DnD vibe. I’m perfectly fine with that as a choice as well.

Perhaps we should clarify? Are we going by the “3 days to post before you’re skipped rule?” Would something else work better for the group? If there are people who know for sure that real life will prevent them from writing for a long stretch of time, let us know so we can factor that in to the discussion. 🙂

However, at the end of the day, Winter gets the final say in what system we use. 

On 9/20/2019 at 3:04 AM, AngryCacti said:

@Moon Owl Just a reminder that (I think) it’s your turn! It’s been a little quiet so I just wanted to check in.

~~apologies to everyone for the spam.~~

Hey sorry for the delay, I will post on Tuesday but you can skip me.

So sorry for this.  

14 minutes ago, Moon Owl said:

Hey sorry for the delay, I will post on Tuesday but you can skip me.

So sorry for this.  

Thanks for letting us know! I’m sure that @Winter Wonderland wouldn’t mind slipping you into the posting order when you’re back. Are you usually only able to post on Tuesdays?

14 hours ago, AngryCacti said:

Thanks for letting us know! I’m sure that @Winter Wonderland wouldn’t mind slipping you into the posting order when you’re back. Are you usually only able to post on Tuesdays?

Usually I can reply during weekends mostly however this weekend I went on a last minute trip so that's why I have not been around so much.