Aleksei

Masquerade! Paper faces on parade! [interest check]

On 9/19/2019 at 8:36 PM, Aleksei said:

This is just a heads up! I had edited the very first post of the IC Thread to include a few items for everyone to enjoy. This is an open event, so you all post at your leisure and deffff enjoy yourselves on Milo's dime. If any of you need help sliding on into the festivities, please don't hesitate to ask for help! Just have general questions/concerns/hopes/dreams? Reach out to me and I'll get to you. To anyone who wants to find an elemental stone, do some arm wrestling, or speak to the dryads, tag me in your IC post and I'll play a few parts, or you can take control of the NPC - I'm comfortable with either choice.

HAVE FUN! BREAK THE FINE CHINA! DON'T BLOW THINGS UP!

I'll be dropping a few posts in the thread throughout the day ❤️

@Pasion Pasiva @Wade @MichaelTheLightBringer @Dauner Light @SweetCyanide @danzilla3 @Fierach @Alexei @The Hummingbird @Thotification

Crapcicles, I'm late to the party. 11 replies, too late? 😅

On 9/21/2019 at 10:05 PM, Aleksei said:

It’s open! You can just stroll on in!

@Aleksei Nearly done with my post, pardon if I've been tardy but exams been keeping me back.

Mind I ask, the king is not interacting with anyone yes? How do you reckon my character should go and meet the new monarch, and begin negotiations? 😄 I can't imagine he could just walk up to the king and introduce himself out of the blue, so how should I proceed?

1 hour ago, Sanonymous said:

@Aleksei Nearly done with my post, pardon if I've been tardy but exams been keeping me back.

Mind I ask, the king is not interacting with anyone yes? How do you reckon my character should go and meet the new monarch, and begin negotiations? 😄 I can't imagine he could just walk up to the king and introduce himself out of the blue, so how should I proceed?

Ew, exams. I send you my blessing! >D

Milorian is currently not interacting with anyone; his company simply include Primera, but no one else IC. And because this entire party is a bit laissez-faire, you are welcome to simply approach Milorian and introduce yourself. Conversation can be moved to a more private area of course to get the deets down and all that jazz.

15 hours ago, Aleksei said:

Ew, exams. I send you my blessing! >D

Milorian is currently not interacting with anyone; his company simply include Primera, but no one else IC. And because this entire party is a bit laissez-faire, you are welcome to simply approach Milorian and introduce yourself. Conversation can be moved to a more private area of course to get the deets down and all that jazz.

I thank you mein freund, I will need it.

Sounds absolutely fantastic! I'll have my bogeys do some subterfuge while 6 himself will converse with the king 😄 Hopefully you can play along to what I'm saying.

@Wade I noticed that you have been sneaking around the castle, what a coincidence!

One of my underlings, 3 and 4 has been sent to infiltrate and use whatever means they can to gain more information about the castle and if there is anything that can be used as leverage for the negotiations later on. What do you think are the chances your character will bump to mine's out of sheer chance? 😄 

Goes for anyone as well who's doing some sneky snek stuff!

1 hour ago, Sanonymous said:

What do you think are the chances your character will bump to mine's out of sheer chance? 😄 

Zero until I say otherwise.

It's worth noting that Ursa Madeum is a medieval fantasy setting with a loci that renders modern technology useless. Realistically, your characters shouldn't have been able to drop in through a plane, but we'll give you a pass on this one so you don't have to go and rewrite your post. 

The guns and radio, however, are going to have to go. 

16 minutes ago, Wade said:

Zero until I say otherwise.

It's worth noting that Ursa Madeum is a medieval fantasy setting with a loci that renders modern technology useless. Realistically, your characters shouldn't have been able to drop in through a plane, but we'll give you a pass on this one so you don't have to go and rewrite your post. 

The guns and radio, however, are going to have to go. 

Really? I thought magi-tech was allowed! I beg your pardon 😅

I did make sure that the plane thing was done outside of Ursa Madeum's area of influence. The radio thing makes sense and has been edited out, but according to this page here,

The technology section has been documented to go from late medieval era to early rennaisance periods. The rennaisance lasted from 1300 to 1600, meaning early rennaisance must've been around 1300-1400 and considering that personal firearms were a staple of the ottomans back in the 15th century, I'm sure that the welrod-like pistol I have would be more than possible to have exist in Ursa Madeum's technological range.

After all you see, the welrod is no ordinary semi-automatic pistol. It is a 1-shot, bolt-action per reload, 1 bullet holding gun that was archaic at it's core. Make no mistake, I chose my equipment well considering the technology, but I may have pushed it with the radio.

I'm sure the evidence I've provided and the logic I've presented would be more than enough to convince you that my post is fine, apart from the radio (which again has already been edited out.).

Firearms in the 15th century were incredibly primitive. The Ottomans used matchlock rifles, whereas The Welrod (invented in 1942) is beyond that by several hundreds of years.  

Flintlock succeeded matchlock in the 17th century. An 1861 rifled musket is still leagues behind a pistol of that caliber. The Welrod doesn't have to worry about gunpowder, cleaning its bore, or the many other difficulties inherent to prior technology - instead, you've got a (somewhat) suppressed, semi-automatic pistol that is quick to reload and generally more reliable, regardless of the one-shot feature you've mentioned. 

That said, the Welrod remains a no-go. I've had a look at its design and it falls outside of UM's tech and historical parameters.

I could see a flintlock at the most, without any deliberate modifications.

10 minutes ago, Wade said:

Firearms in the 15th century were incredibly primitive. The Ottomans used matchlock rifles, whereas The Welrod (invented in 1942) is beyond that by several hundreds of years.  

Flintlock succeeded matchlock in the 17th century. An 1861 rifled musket is still leagues behind a pistol of that caliber. The Welrod doesn't have to worry about gunpowder, cleaning its bore, or the many other difficulties inherent to prior technology - instead, you've got a (somewhat) suppressed, semi-automatic pistol that is quick to reload and generally more reliable, regardless of the one-shot feature you've mentioned. 

That said, the Welrod remains a no-go. I've had a look at its design and it falls outside of UM's tech and historical parameters.

I could see a flintlock at the most, without any deliberate modifications.

Well indeed, I wouldn't expect it to be exactly like the welrod. I assure you, the gun is simply a glorified flintlock pistol, somewhat silenced and indeed it's biggest selling point; a one time use. Again, 6 IS on a diplomatic mission. Don't worry, neither I nor you would expect him to go gung ho on everybody's ass shooting bullets like tic tacs. It's a personal defense weapon, something I simply added to add a bit more depth to his arsenal. At most, it'll be an intimidation tool. At least? It'll be nothing but a one-off mention 😄

I do thank you sincerely though for taking the time to do your research, I appreciate people like you who take time to find out what's right nor wrong. You are indeed correct, and I thank you for correcting me 😁 I'll have the details of the weapons typed out in the post to prevent further confusion.

On 9/24/2019 at 9:26 PM, Sanonymous said:

Really? I thought magi-tech was allowed! I beg your pardon 😅

I did make sure that the plane thing was done outside of Ursa Madeum's area of influence. The radio thing makes sense and has been edited out, but according to this page here,

The technology section has been documented to go from late medieval era to early rennaisance periods. The rennaisance lasted from 1300 to 1600, meaning early rennaisance must've been around 1300-1400 and considering that personal firearms were a staple of the ottomans back in the 15th century, I'm sure that the welrod-like pistol I have would be more than possible to have exist in Ursa Madeum's technological range.

After all you see, the welrod is no ordinary semi-automatic pistol. It is a 1-shot, bolt-action per reload, 1 bullet holding gun that was archaic at it's core. Make no mistake, I chose my equipment well considering the technology, but I may have pushed it with the radio.

I'm sure the evidence I've provided and the logic I've presented would be more than enough to convince you that my post is fine, apart from the radio (which again has already been edited out.).

Guns? In my low-tech medieval fantasy setting?

SmoggyHilariousBaiji-size_restricted.gif

Slight bump (since this is an open thread! come on in!) and also query-

Anyone with a character not waiting on someone else's reply that would be interested in interacting with one of mine?

She's a foreigner to UM and visiting for vacation. Profile will likely be up by this weekend :^D

I might also bring in one of the Paralios twins if schoolwork isn't too heavy this week.

Edited by Csl