Meraxa

A Cure For What Aleth You (Interest Check - Enrele)

Truthfully, I'd love to see it get semi-wrecked, flee somehow, and return in a later thread/arc involving Daloth. Return of the Daloth Yuuja, maybe even with mutations or something as a result of losing the fight. Plot threading is always fun lol.

Hmmmmm... depends on what happens this turn, but we'll see.

But yeah, the Yuuja has been fun to play with. It's just such a distinct enough thing to make for a (hopefully) memorable opening battle. Plus, loads of appendages, so it can actually work as a one v many fight.

That'd be nice, but it's all a P.R. stunt for Liz. She's literally in it to generate a name for Ventrix Industries as a reliable foundation of wholesome medicine which provides top notch goods for the greater good of mankind. That will likely be credited as "alongside the military" officially in this case, plus she's got her hands in some shady dealings which she may or may not hope are overlooked.

3 hours ago, Vilhardt said:

Truthfully, I'd love to see it get semi-wrecked, flee somehow, and return in a later thread/arc involving Daloth. Return of the Daloth Yuuja, maybe even with mutations or something as a result of losing the fight. Plot threading is always fun lol.

Whaaaat? That'll be no fun. Dauner likes killing monsters and letting it escape won't be on his agenda. I could try and reason with him but i doubt he'll listen to me.

3 hours ago, Meraxa said:

That's fine, that's fine. I must admit throwing in the Yuuja probably threw things off a bit because that seems like final boss stuff when we're technically not out of the prologue yet

no. the Yuuja was actually a good idea. a little warm up before the main event never hurt anyone :D

A buncha people sure are looking forward to their promotions. We're lucky we don't have those ordeals, right Dauner?

Dauner: Sure. err, you think that Yuuj thing tastes good?

It's Yuuja. And no, I don't. it'll probably give you indigestion.

Dauner: ...

hmph. you're gonna taste it eitherway aren't you?

Dauner: Hey, Gozen. We got a Yuuga to roast.

It's Yuuja. arg, i'm just wasting my breathe

8 hours ago, Thotification said:

😂 Those weren't my words...just quoting from someone else..

@Priestess and yes those were the same words given to me when I asked if we can at least take control of a single enrele...

Why have you quoted me so much within the last two pages?  🤨

I was informed that hooking a mind, specifically an eldritch mind, up to an Enrele hivemind is probably inadvisable in the Terrenus AMA, and I was attempting to communicate the idea that Enrele are formidable and, more importantly, trying to link your hivemind to their hivemind might end with your hivemind falling under Enrele control.  I wasn't arguing that the Enrele are invincible.

I don't expect anti-psion tech to be a reliable weapon in a campaign against the Enrele.  Like I've already stated, I think it's prohibitive resource-wise.  Also, I think trying to hit a big area with it would cause the Genius Loci to react in an unforeseen and likely very, very negative way.

That said, it works on psychics, even things that are just kind of psychic like Caeceila and Dredge, if I recall.

If the Hivemind Daloth counter pulses, that's fine.  It'll take them at least a turn to do so, and in that time, PCs might have an advantage against it.  I'm not proposing a long-term solution to the Enrele.

I hope my previous post didn't come across as exceedingly gruff.  I was short on time when I typed it, so I ended up focusing more on what I was attempting to communicate than how I was attempting to communicate it.

That aside, I really ought to add that y'all are more than welcome to substitute something wacky for pain, assuming you've characters who would be affected by the pulses to begin with.

Also...

Elizabeth would probably be aware that House Glasmann operates Glasmann Cryonics, a medical firm based in Hell's Gate specializing in equipment ranging from standard "Medical Slough." a compact, imperishable healing paste, and robotic surgical suites to custom living prosthetics, including vital organs, and intricate vitrification tanks.  Their market share wasn't all that great, mostly because Lord and Lady Glasmann are reclusive academics who never bothered to promote their brand, but Caeceila's infamy/fame is changing that somewhat.  Their's is still something of a niche market, but I think that fact would fan the flames of Elizabeth's hatred of Cae.

Edited by The Alexandrian