Jump to content
Meraxa

A Cure For What Aleth You (Interest Check - Enrele)

Recommended Posts

Man alive, I read the "furious pain that every human with a foot had experienced at some point in their life" and I immediately jumped to the conclusion that the Yuuja was about to step on Legos.

Edited by The Alexandrian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, The Alexandrian said:

Man alive, I read the "furious pain that every human with a foot had experienced at some point in their life" and I immediately jumped to the conclusion that the Yuuja was about to step on Legos.

Admittedly, despite having babysat numerous children who owned legos, I've never actually stepped on a lego block. From what I've read, it's incredibly painful and alarming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dauner's got black and Gozen brings the red. Whaaa? Black's already taken? Oh well, I guess Dauner would just have to settle for dark.

Edited by Dauner Light

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, supernal said:

Absolute adoration for how the lowered power ceiling is referenced and incorporated 

WRT to the psychic EMP - is Cae’s psychic defense an active psychic defense such that she might be SURPRISE affected?

Glad to have done so. It made for an easy rationale, hinted at potential scale of things 'normally', and well, making sure newer members were aware of it being a thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, supernal said:

WRT to the psychic EMP - is Cae’s psychic defense an active psychic defense such that she might be SURPRISE affected?

That is a good question!

Normally, if one of my characters was relying on defense against psychic manipulation, they'd go the route of Atton Rand.

Spoiler

 

Caeceila is passively shielding her mind, something she worked on after being subjected to The Bubble's theater of the mind.  Her surface thoughts are "background noise," so it's generally difficult to discern where she is via Detect Thoughts.  In this case, I also reference some sort of psychic defense, but I did little more than touch on it.  I didn't mention any sort of automated retaliation, just armor, which could merely indicate, from the perspective of an attacker, that her mind is ordered, her thoughts are regulated, she knows who she is and what she wants, and she would notice if something was amiss.

That said...

I'm open to recommendations on how psychic defenses work, especially if they give me cause to tack on metaphysical resistance to mental manipulation like fright and charm effects.  Caeceila, mind you, isn't a straight-up psychic, though she shares much of their bread-and-butter.  This is why she had difficulty manifesting energy projections in Chasing Damaged Threads.

Edited by The Alexandrian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think in this instance the question boils down to:

Is Cae's defence simply a mental discipline, or do they involve her actively some kind of psychic ability that would normally work to deflect or interact with external psychics? Is her brain carefully organised vs having a barrier around it?

 

If the former, then she technically wouldn't be affected because she's not using psychic powers (at least for that); if the latter then she would be affected if she had first forgot to turn it off.

Edited by Meraxa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Meraxa said:

I think in this instance the question boils down to:

Is Cae's defence simply a mental discipline, or do they involve her actively some kind of psychic ability that would normally work to deflect or interact with external psychics? Is her brain carefully organised vs having a barrier around it?

 

If the former, then she technically wouldn't be affected because she's not using psychic powers (at least for that); if the latter then she would be affected if she had first forgot to turn it off.

This sums it up nicely 

And to be clear this isn’t gotcha journalism; not trying to fault the cogent character for a player oversight. If she’d be affected if she doesn’t “turn it off” and would normally do so then that’s no problem at all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...