Meraxa

A Cure For What Aleth You (Interest Check - Enrele)

Just now, Thotification said:

@Meraxa can I has one yuuja tentacle? 🤗🤗 I need one for reaserch purposes

There's bits of floating on the water, attached to the ship, and so on. Just remember that like, a whole tentacle would be at least a dozen metres long, and the group is being urged to go. You got a bag of holding spare?

3 minutes ago, Meraxa said:

magic cloning ritual

Magic cloning ritual? yipeee, make a baby me pet too

Dauner: And a baby me pet too

Back off. i asked first

Dauner: No you back off. i asked second

3 minutes ago, Dauner Light said:

Dauner infuses magic in his swords. that makes them more than able weapons

Sword + Magic =/= Can Cut Everything. The Continent Formerly Known As Terrenus is loaded with magical weaponry, even accounting for how magic is actually supposed to be weaker here on average, and Yuuja are still regarded as a particular threat if encountered. That this one has been dealt with so handily is a testament to the absurd array of abilities in this party to begin with. Don't worry, there'll be plenty of other stuff for you to slice up - it's just that in this instance a direct hack and slash was not the answer. But hey, armour plating doesn't stop brute force entirely, which was why Gozen's approach was alright.

1 minute ago, Thotification said:

Both 😂 Don't worry..it will prolly be as big as a house cat...Only so I can have one riding on my shoulder 🤗

So more of a pygmy Yuuja, really...

Just now, Dauner Light said:

Magic cloning ritual? yipeee, make a baby me pet too

Dauner: And a baby me pet too

Back off. i asked first

Dauner: No you back off. i asked second

...This does give me ideas...

6 minutes ago, Dauner Light said:

That was the idea. Weaken the armor so that Dauner can drill into it

Well that's not what you described attempting either. It was just that Dauner was going to 'hit' it, in some fashion. Meanwhile Gozen's thing I treated more in the regards that it could still beat the beast around, and while on the surface not do too much, still move it about and leave it quite shaken, even without all the anti-psionics business. Otherwise it'd have still been in reach of the ship to try and smash someone.

Me: lol, hey Dauner. mind explaining?

Dauner: Sure. Mer, he didn't say i could beat the beast around. just that my sword could cut into it's armor with magic infused.

Me: Also, the magic in magic weapons is in no way comparable to that wielded by living creatures.

Dauner: I thought you said you were going to let me explain!

Me: I did. he he he, funny story. I forgot

...I was explaining how Gozen could affect the beast with a glorified punching ability, while Dauner's magically infused swords did not. Meanwhile, the magic in infused weapons is only as different from the magic of living things as any system and writer arbitrarily decides; from what I have observed thus far, Valucre doesn't draw much distinction between the two. But that's beside the point. That reference was with regards to how 'even accounting' for that; ie, that magic is weaker here doesn't stop the prevalence of its usage. So if simply swords + magic could immediately dismiss the Yuuja threat, they really wouldn't be so worried about it.

So please, better read what I'm saying, and please don't just dismiss it out of hand.

And I explained how what Gozen did - with his fire punch and all - had an effect because his attacks were more about physical impact, and thus to some extent getting around the issue of the protective plates, where trying to cut those plates - magic swords or not - was going to be largely ineffective.

1 minute ago, Dauner Light said:

let me use an example. If you make a drill out of a material that can easily cut steel and use it to drill the Yuuja. will it be effective?

And to answer this question: In my view of the Yuuja's defensive capabilities, no. Because the way they are framed makes it seem quite likely that the armoured hide of the Yuuja is in fact tougher than steel. It is hardly the only creature in the setting, whether Fracture specifically or the wider world of Valucre, to have such a trait.