Meraxa

A Cure For What Aleth You (Interest Check - Enrele)

7 minutes ago, Meraxa said:

Considering the group's entry into Dougton is meant to be a secret at this stage, I'm erring on no. It would be tricky to rationalise beyond sheer coincidence of them turning up there

It's someone who knows Dauner well enough to guess that he'd be heading for the most troublesome area. (plus she's got a magic tracker specially for tracking him)

1 hour ago, Dauner Light said:

It's someone who knows Dauner well enough to guess that he'd be heading for the most troublesome area. (plus she's got a magic tracker specially for tracking him)

This is The Continent Formerly Known as Terrenus. There's hardly a corner on it that isn't troublesome anymore.

Can I get some sense of who this character actually is?

6 hours ago, Meraxa said:

Can I get some sense of who this character actually is?

The third member of the Lightning-bolt crew (Later known as the Lightning-bolt pirates), daughter to the king of Dreia and ex-fiancee to Dauner, "Sword Princess" Shelly Kuanji. Clever, beautiful, strong and dedicated are just a few qualities that describe her.

What exactly would you like to know about her?

14 minutes ago, Dauner Light said:

The third member of the Lightning-bolt crew (Later known as the Lightning-bolt pirates), daughter to the king of Dreia and ex-fiancee to Dauner, "Sword Princess" Shelly Kuanji. Clever, beautiful, strong and dedicated are just a few qualities that describe her.

What exactly would you like to know about her?

Hm, so she's from another world like he is...

I might actually have an idea for you. Gonna PM it

Nudging things along, this update is particularly relevant for @Thotification @Rabbit and possibly @Vilhardt depending on what you were implying there

@The Alexandrian sorry to keep you waiting until we actually get to Dougton

@danzilla3 @Priestess @Dauner Light Argi could probably really use some recommendations other than this desperate scheme

3 hours ago, Meraxa said:

Nudging things along, this update is particularly relevant for @Thotification @Rabbit and possibly @Vilhardt depending on what you were implying there

@The Alexandrian sorry to keep you waiting until we actually get to Dougton

@danzilla3 @Priestess @Dauner Light Argi could probably really use some recommendations other than this desperate scheme

I'm not entirely sure on what the scheme is, if you wouldn't mind explaining @Meraxa

If I'm not mistaken, it was meant to be a bit hard to understand, to make you think on the situation. In short, I believe that Meryam suggested that the answer to finding Aleth, and separating it from it's host, is within her doing, but not working against the laws of the world. In this case, equivalent exchange, she requires something worth the lives of the many, and Aleth itself. Something weighed without material value, but weighed heavily in accordance to its possible contribution to the world. Another god, perhaps a renowned hero, or someone or something with an active influence or process to shape the future in a major way.

But it has to be a voluntary exchange, might I add. If that wasn't the case, Elizabeth would gladly offer her hand in sacrificing everyone else as collateral for the information, with the exception of Glasmann and Emile, as she has no desire to draw the Symposium's attention, nor forego an agreement made prior.

Yeah. It's not even something about the laws of the world, but a simple matter of what Meryam wants. She knows that revealing things like the where Aleth is - and thus enabling the others to fight it - potentially determines the fate of the continent. Thus, she wants something REALLY good for that info. The fundamental problem for Argi is that he has nothing to offer on this scale. He's just another mortal from the mountains - a country bumpkin who just happens to have a magic sword hilt. All this prompting then is about what you guys might propose instead - whether some kind of alternative offer (when she's already rattled off the sort of things she might normally ask from them, but also the sort of scale they'd be appropriate for), or advising for or against the suggestion of giving Meryam the essence of another god. For those who actually carry said essence of gods, it is a matter of whether or not they are prepared to give that power for the sake of Terrenus/Fracture.

This specific matter is no longer in Argi's hands - it's up to you. What deal can you think of, that might be good enough for this devil? Or is not worth it?

I was hoping you guys might actually debate it, rather than just follow along.