Meraxa

A Cure For What Aleth You (Interest Check - Enrele)

9 hours ago, The Alexandrian said:

so we're two-for-two when it comes to noncompliance with Caeceila's ultimatum.

Two-for-Three. As lead scientist of Ventrix Industries, Elizabeth cannot legally accept any of those terms lol.

OOC Note:

- The info I linked below is stuff on the Shrine of Judgement (Aya's home). It's safe to assume everything on that thread is IC info.
- Knowing that stuff is entirely optional

- I had Aya not be able to tell exactly *who* is part of the hivemind so there can be some sort of surprise, and so if anyone else has something that can help solve the mystery, they get a chance to use it.
- I only had Aya tell Argi & Cae that kind of important info since those 2 seem like they're the only ones who *need* to know.

Oh...thanks...

Also would supernatural suppression affect 'who' is part of the hivemind? Shishi's companion could potentially suppress and isolate the hive body but I'm not sure what would happen next. Oh and this would be possible only if the psychic connection works like Wifi...XD

Edited by Thotification

1 hour ago, Thotification said:

Oh...thanks...

Also would supernatural suppression affect 'who' is part of the hivemind? Shishi's companion could potentially suppress and isolate the hive body but I'm not sure what would happen next. Oh and this would be possible only if the psychic connection works like Wifi...XD

As I understand it, with the example of Aleth, they are actually not linked psychically - not directly at least. It's mentioned on the Enrele bestiary entry that, at least for 'basic' Enrele (which Aleth is the archetypal example thereof, so may not apply to Daloth), they have to find ways of getting the info they have back to the core consciousness. So yeah, beyond that all there is to suppress is more of a biological function than any supernatural ability; thinking the same not so much because of a psychic link, but because they are, beyond their hosts, physically and mentally identical.

But Shishi and her sister are supposedly part of a different kind of collective unconscious well they have their own personal hivemind...makes me wonder if we can use that to our advantage 🤔

Edited by Thotification

🤔 I guess we can just kill them...Would be interesting to see how enrele react to a different hivemind..

I was expecting the converted body to be allergic to other hiveminds which are not enrele...🤣

Edited by Thotification

17 minutes ago, The Alexandrian said:

They can certainly try.  Recall, however, that Hivemind Aleth rivals Genius Loci in power/influence while PCs are limited by Mild Powers.

Well, it's approaching such, but that's admittedly a weird thing to scale